Gamers Thread

I haven't got Live yet, although I'm probably getting it next month, but I've completed both Gears of War games on Insane, purely on single player. Two of my proudest Achievements. The new one is going to be incredible. Let's hope we get more info at E3.

I'm quite disappointed that there's such a great division of opinions over FF 13.Now I don't know whether I should buy it or not.

Is it at least better than/equal to FF12?Cos' I really liked it.

it's not as good as 12. the combat is very un-involved. you only control 1 character and the other 2 are ai. there's even an auto-battle button that chooses the best attack for you at any moment. there's almost no exploration, no cute mini-games, no dialogue choices, no side-quests until chapter 11 but those are just killing stuff, most enemies are stupidly easy but some are frustratingly overpowered, character development gives an illusion of freedom but is actually linear too. the only thing you have to think about is the right paradigm for the situation and that's it. the graphics are very pretty though and the story is mildly interesting, not that it's so great but you kinda wanna know what happens next. verdict: you can skip it and wont miss too much.

anyways, God of War 3 is KICKING MY FUKCING ASS right now, no, IMPALING IT. holy shit...

it's not as good as 12. the combat is very un-involved. you only control 1 character and the other 2 are ai. there's even an auto-battle button that chooses the best attack for you at any moment. there's almost no exploration, no cute mini-games, no dialogue choices, no side-quests until chapter 11 but those are just killing stuff, most enemies are stupidly easy but some are frustratingly overpowered, character development gives an illusion of freedom but is actually linear too. the only thing you have to think about is the right paradigm for the situation and that's it. the graphics are very pretty though and the story is mildly interesting, not that it's so great but you kinda wanna know what happens next.

So...its just like FF12? Although FF12 did have a decent amount of "side missions" even though they were mostly just "killing shit"

dude i havent played GoW 1 or 2 but i bet 3 is more awesome than both combined.

just had sex with Aphrodite (to which i fapped), killed Cronos (that was fantastically epic), and then screwed Aphrodite again. this is the only game that has truly amazed me in a long time.

i will get Bayonetta sometime though.

I'm playing through Clive Barker's Jericho again. This and Jet Set Radio Future are probably the two most underrated games I've ever played.

Recently Beat God Of War 1/2 and 3 all in 2 months...I like the 3rd one the best because it's just fucking brutal. I picked up Ratchet and Clank - Crack In time the other night and love it. I'm so sick of shooters that I won't play any until Socom 4 comes out.

NP

God of War 3, 2nd play through on harder level.
Ratchet And Clank...Good Platformer
MLB 10 The Show...Favorite sports game ever.

Pretty much abandoned my 360. I have no interest until Fable 3 comes out.

3D dot game Heroes, Heavy Rain, Skate 3 are next on my list.

Already have Red Dead pre-ordered...it;s gonna be sick when it finally gets here.

I thought about trying this, but it got such horrible reviews...basically, everyone said it was shit. Is it really worth playing?
Download it and try it for yourself. There's no point in asking whether you'll enjoy this game or not.

The last expansion pack to Heroes 5 got rather middling reviews on many sites, but I for once enjoyed it immensely, moreso than some of the sacred cows -Halo and Bioshock, for instance.

Actually, with regards to the latter, I played a really good Bioshock tribute level on Little Big Planet. It was strangely more fun that the original.:p

Just finished Mass Effect. Damn that was good. I would have liked more, especially in terms of the length of the main story, but it was damn satisfying. Bought Mass Effect 2 already.

Will give Jericho a shot...what the hell.