Gamers Thread

It's not that I disapprove of the games you mentioned; I love the old zelda games and what I've played of Gears of War was quite enjoyable, polished cover-based shooting. It's that both games are part of major franchises, and I think we can make some solid predictions; the next Zelda game will feature a nameless fairy boy with a sword who fights extremely large monsters in element-based dungeons as part of a quest to restore order to a kingdom, accompanied by an actual fairy-thing, and the next Gears of War will involve improbably muscular grunts shooting muscular alien grunts and everything will be red.

Fair enough, in terms of Gears Of War though, I usually just go for the Campaign, cause it's fucking brilliant the character dialogues is what gets me. Just listening to Cole's comics & Bairds funny 1 line remarks.

This gets me everytime:

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty much addicted to Battlefield 2 Bad Company atm.The online play is the most fun i've had playing online,it's way better than CODMW2.I have a weeks holiday and it's gonna be dedicated to blowing people the fuck away.

joined a Super Street Fighter 4 tourney at a big multimedia store last saturday. i won a few matches then was eliminated. still good enough for a consolation prize which is one game of my choice.

i picked RED FUCKING DEAD REDEMPTION. holy shit this game is beautiful. it got the wild wild west atmosphere perfectly.

pretty much addicted to Battlefield 2 Bad Company atm.The online play is the most fun i've had playing online,it's way better than CODMW2.I have a weeks holiday and it's gonna be dedicated to blowing people the fuck away.

Finally someone who agrees that CODMW2 is peanuts compared to Bad Company 2!

Been playing X3:Terran Conflict the last few days (instead of revising) Quite a lot of fun. Its very complicated, and not newbie friendly at all. Basically, I leave it running in the background while my freighters trade and make credits. Then I buy a big ship and go do some missions. Its pretty satifying - definitely more freeform than Freelancer was, although I prefer Freelancers UI and combat. Looking forward to being able to build my own factories and stations, then starting to build my own fleet :headbang:

Also, E3 soon - big announcements on SW:TOR which I'm really excited about.

So that Mortal Kombat trailer is for a new game.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfnETvOE3jc&playnext_from=TL&videos=S7A-1TBOSKs&feature=recentf[/ame]

Been addicted to Starcraft, waiting for the new one. I tried downloading the Beta, but failed at installing it/making it work.

oh my god that Mortal Kombat game looks awesome. those were some sweet juggles and fatalities! 3d graphics with 2d gameplay... it will be a return to form for the series imo.:]

Agreed. I only ever played Armageddon at a friend's house so I don't have much experience of the series but this looks like a must-buy.

MKII was the best, i remember playing it in 4th grade. MKIII was decent but everything after that was either a rehash or shite.

That MK game video does look pretty awesome, since the release of SFIV it seems that developers realize that old school 2D fighting games need to maintain that 2D style of fighting but just use high polygon count models. The gameplay looks so much more fluid than the previous games as well. Can't wait.