Gamers Thread

So I started to play Street Fighter 4 online. I pretty much suck at it probably because I haven't selected Ken, Ryu or other superior characters to play on the net. I fought around 150 battles and have about 1200 points only. El Fuerte is my character.

Been playing the Magic: The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers game off steam. The challenges were quite enjoyable. The decks are both cool and frustrating in that they're designed for the classic beginner experience where games go on forever, and back when I played I was a badass who won most of my games by turn 5 or so (unless I was playing control), so it feels a little frustrating when I have to consider something like Earth Elemental a good card. Also, the AI pulls some really fishy draws. The only thing that really annoys me is that the timing stuff is wonky, since they simplified it so there are some combat tricks I used to make great use of that actually just don't work. Also, playing stuff during your opponents turn is really unreliable because of the way it just flows between phases. Still, having fun. Once I beat all the computer opponents and unlock the good cards I'll take it online against human players. The hard mode AI is pretty solid, though, I've only noticed one blatant error so far.

I wasted so much of my college life playing Duels of the Planeswalkers, that shit rules. Is it just me or is there seriously no other MTG computer game out there that lets you play against an AI? I have a hard time believing that's the only one.

So I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins and I must say that it's one of the best RPG's I've ever played, the length of the game is astounding. And the fact that there's an expansion to this for another 30 hours of gameplay makes it much more awesome. This game rules, I can't wait for the second.

It's funny cause I bought this game like a few days after release and I played 5 hours and lost interest in it. I'm playing it thoroughly now and it's pretty incredible.

That sounds fun, I miss playing MTG! How much is it?
Like $10 on steam.

I wasted so much of my college life playing Duels of the Planeswalkers, that shit rules. Is it just me or is there seriously no other MTG computer game out there that lets you play against an AI? I have a hard time believing that's the only one.

Are you talking about the old one that's sort of an RPG? I was playing that one too...it doesn't run well at all on newer OSs, though. Fun game.

So I started to play Street Fighter 4 online. I pretty much suck at it probably because I haven't selected Ken, Ryu or other superior characters to play on the net. I fought around 150 battles and have about 1200 points only. El Fuerte is my character.

fuck Ryu and Ken, too fucking many of them. kudos for choosing an unorthodox character. El Fuerte can be pretty dangerous/annoying tbh. i play Juri.

Are you talking about the old one that's sort of an RPG? I was playing that one too...it doesn't run well at all on newer OSs, though. Fun game.

Yeah I was talking about the old one from the mid '90s that's like 3rd edition or whatever. Didn't know they made a new one with the same name. Guess that answers my question, haha.

k.satan.600x770.jpg

typical Activision meeting.

Gunslinger Engineer is pure badassery.
I'm kinda meh about it right now. I mean, yeah sure it's quick to build the mini sentry, but it's pretty weak, and it takes just a little longer for a level 3 sentry to be rebuilt after moving it.

Frontier Justice on the other hand if pure awesomeness.
Where's the penis?
This is a work safe board sir.

Plus Kotick doesn't have a penis. Duh.

I'm kinda meh about it right now. I mean, yeah sure it's quick to build the mini sentry, but it's pretty weak, and it takes just a little longer for a level 3 sentry to be rebuilt after moving it.

Well, the biggest downside of playing an engineer is having a soldier/spy/demo wreck an operation in a few seconds that you've put several minutes into building. It's just annoying and has made me just quit the game on more than one occasion.

With the mini sentry you don't feel like you're babysitting the thing. You work together to kill targets, often enough with one being a distraction while the other gets the kills. If it dies, no biggie. If a spy saps it who cares. I try to keep a max dispenser nearby for sure, both for my benefit of filling up on metal and for team support. Running with the mini also lets you focus on teleporters and dispensers in the prep stage.

Frontier Justice on the other hand if pure awesomeness.

The jury is still out on this one. The crits are nice, but I feel like I waste a lot of the charges on less than optimal situations. Also, lucking out with the mini getting the kill or having it die is a little too conditional for my liking. I think I prefer the larger clips of the normal shotty just for more firepower when needed.

Gunslinger has absolutely revitalized the class for me. I haven't touched sniper in a week and he's normally my main.

Well, the biggest downside of playing an engineer is having a soldier/spy/demo wreck an operation in a few seconds that you've put several minutes into building. It's just annoying and has made me just quit the game on more than one occasion.

With the mini sentry you don't feel like you're babysitting the thing. You work together to kill targets, often enough with one being a distraction while the other gets the kills. If it dies, no biggie. If a spy saps it who cares. I try to keep a max dispenser nearby for sure, both for my benefit of filling up on metal and for team support. Running with the mini also lets you focus on teleporters and dispensers in the prep stage.

The jury is still out on this one. The crits are nice, but I feel like I waste a lot of the charges on less than optimal situations. Also, lucking out with the mini getting the kill or having it die is a little too conditional for my liking. I think I prefer the larger clips of the normal shotty just for more firepower when needed.

Gunslinger has absolutely revitalized the class for me. I haven't touched sniper in a week and he's normally my main.
I do agree, the mini sentry buffed offensive engie. However, when playing defense(like say badwater) a level 3 sentry(or a few) are still essential to defense(the roof for example).

As for the Frontier jusice, you just don't like the smaller clip size? I think I can deal with that, especially when my sentry killed quite a few people. One thing though that makes me rage is when I'm about to respawn and then in the final second, someone kills my sentry.

Waaaaaaaaaaaah! God forbid you have to actually work instead of sitting on your ass letting something else get a ton of kills for you.

Waaaaaaaaaaaah! God forbid you have to actually work instead of sitting on your ass letting something else get a ton of kills for you.

And the playstyle of the gunslinger is more enjoyable anyway. It's not "not my free easy kills!" so much as someone essentially wasting all the time you put into building up the gun. I hope you see the distinction. You trade a high maintenance killing machine for a low maintenance killing trainee.