Gamers Thread

oh right forgot to put an alert sorry lol

the main story is kinda meh tho. typical stop the bad guy from taking over the world fare. the joy of the game is exploration and ass kicking combat

i made my elf seduce iron bull like a cock hungry slut and the sex scene was funny but far inferior to the da1 and mass effect 2 ones

i made my elf seduce iron bull like a cock hungry slut and the sex scene was funny but far inferior to the da1 and mass effect 2 ones

better than this? lol Seriously this is hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a question on Inquisition, have they fixed the revive gambit on party healers yet? The first two you'd have to take manual control, multiple forum searching never yielded a coding that would make them do it on their own.

Revive? Are you like, trying to sound manly and saying you don't use it or am I missing something?

My PC gaming homies should check out this bundle.

$5 gets you Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, Demonicon: The Dark Eye, and Alone in the Dark, plus a bunch of random indie games.

Demonicon is a pretty solid Witcher-style action RPG, the story's a bit stupid but the combat is solid and the leveling system is pretty sweet. Shadow of Chernobyl (the first STALKER game) is the best of the bunch and one of my favorite games ever. Open-world survival shooter that will scare your tits off.

A party healer. I've had to be revived multiple times. Are you playing the PC version?

No 360. Also talking about earlier games, da2 I'm hazy on as its been awhile but pretty sure there was a healer and Wynne could def learn revival in origins. Thing is, there hasn't been a tactical option that works to auto revive. Even tried ally any, nothing. Just gotta switch control. I'm hoping once I get Inquisition this annoying bug doesn't exist anymore.

I'm getting pretty bummed with the direction of MMOs. Been playing ESO and while it's a good enough game with a great class system I'm really looking for something that actually has a "living world" rather than going from stagnant quest to quest. Some games advertise a "living world" and completely fail to deliver (IE GW2) - We're not even talking hardcore AI, but just a sandbox-ish game with a certain amount of procedurally generated content and letting players have some actual impact on the world. And other little things, like when it rains you have a chance to slip in the mud and fall on your ass. Realism of mechanics/world - I'd deal with minecraft level graphics if they could only get the systems right. If they put half the effort they do into graphics as they did working towards AI/simulation level mechanics we'd be in a good spot.

EQ Next is hyping up this type of content, but A) it probably wont be out until 2016 and B) is probably mostly marketing hype.

EQ Next is hyping up this type of content, but A) it probably wont be out until 2016 and B) is probably mostly marketing hype.

Having spent many years playing EQ1 your skepticism is perfectly reasonable. That said, if I had time for an MMO again I would probably just go right back to my accounts in EQ1. The foundation of the game isn't a Sony product, and that is what saves it. It isn't "user created" or influenced, but the feelz of it is simply unmatched imo. Skyrim was the first non-MMO rpg that gave me something close to similar feelz.

Draele if you want something actually player-driven try EVE. It's the only successful non-theme-park MMO I know of.

So I just read a "Games you would not recommend" thread on a gaming forum, and someone posted Monopoly, for being "tedious and boring". Are you fucking kidding me? Modern gamers can be literally the most impatient, ADD-ridden, spoiled assholes on the planet. Monopoly rules... heaven forbid you have to spend more than a couple hours on a game.

So everybody who finds Monopoly tedious is an impatient, ADD-ridden, spoiled asshole? You should keep an eye on that blood pressure.

These people are the epitome of what I described. As I said, heaven forbid they play a game that lasts longer than an hour. These kind of "gamers" are the reason I for the most part, stopped playing games, of any medium. I play the occasional Magic game, I rock Diablo II every now and then (oh no, another "tedious", "grindy" game), I'm thinking about starting Skyrim, but that's about it.

The modern video game generation is spoiled, and lacks a frame of reference for what truly constitutes good gaming. Games that challenge the mind, are labelled "tedious", and games that take time are labelled "boring". It saddens me immensely.

The people on this other board are the same people that defend modern Magic, because the game has, in the past four years, been sped up due to rampant power creep. Hence the "lack of frame of reference".

Bottom line, Monopoly is a drawn-out game, yes, but not tedious. If you think Monopoly is "tedious", you've probably been playing it wrong.

Monopoly is boring as fuck. I don't say that because I am one of the ADD gamers you reference, I just don't think it's fun. I actually agree that a lot of gamers have a small attention span but I don't think that is anything new. Even back in the earlier days you had hardcore RPG gamers that expected to invest at least 30 hours into one playthrough and people that just wanted to play a couple levels of Donkey Kong. And of course your Zork players that devoted weeks to finding the way out of a forest. :lol: Speaking of long drawn out games...

Has anyone here ever played Mount and Blade: Warband?

It might be a long shot since it's an independent game with a smaller fanbase but it's a pretty awesome medieval sandbox, strategy, combat simulator. You create a character and you can do pretty much whatever you want. It's essentially an open-world strategy game with a bird's eye view world map, but you are given the option to approach the world any way you see fit. There are 6 factions that may be at war or peace at any given time and you can either join a faction and get cozy with the lords and move up in their ranks, or you can become a merchant and rack up gold while making allies, or if you want you can go from town to town recruiting novice soldiers and level them up through combat and training until you have a vast and powerful army of your own. At that point you can opt to start your own kingdom and take over the entire map if you're good enough.

It's also worth mentioning that although the world map is a bird's eye view where your army is just a little horse running across the landscape, once you get into battle it switches to an over the shoulder view (or first person if you want) of the battlefield and you command your troops while personally being involved in the fighting yourself. Your presence and ability to play kind of like an action game while also commanding armies in the hundreds makes for a pretty fun experience. It is a time consuming game though and it does take time to level up and become stronger and afford high-end gear. Even your weapon proficiencies are pathetic in the beginning, and the only way to become good with a weapon is to use it repeatedly until you are stronger, faster and more accurate with whatever weapon you choose. You won't be taking on faction Lords or well armed troops for quite a while, so it's easier to start by aligning yourself with a faction and helping them while you gain more renown and troops.

It is an independent title and the graphics are pretty limited but I don't think that it really hurts the game much. It was released a few years ago and looks like it was released in 2002 but the depth of the game makes up for it. It was a bit of a surprise game for me and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.

Shadow of Chernobyl (the first STALKER game) is the best of the bunch and one of my favorite games ever. Open-world survival shooter that will scare your tits off.

I hate that this game doesn't get more love. Shadows of Chernobyl and Call Of Pripyat (Clear Sky was... meh) are some of the greatest open world/horror games ever created. I have never been more freaked out by a game than those times when it's dark as fuck, my gun is damaged and barely works and all I can hear is Bloodsuckers circling around in the tall grass with nothing but those glowing eyes staring me down. Knowing that they are both faster and stronger than I am.

I try to tell people how awesome it is but sometimes they can't get past the sort primitive and directionless style of the game and the occasional glitches. I try to sell it as a game that is best after mods.

There have been other great horror FPS games like Amnesia but STALKER was the one that was the most intense when you got trapped in a dark bunker with a nasty Mutant.

Have you checked out Last Alpha? It's a fan-made remake of SoC that restores a lot of cut content like cars and a lot of missions. It's buggy, as everything STALKER-related is, but it's generally pretty impressive.