Gamers Thread

Yeah you're definitely right about them being pieces of shit. I got my 360 slim maybe three years ago tops, and it's already being kind of an asshole. Meanwhile, my Sega Genesis, N64, PS2, Gameboy, and Gamegear, all from my own childhood like 15 years ago or more, work fine. They just don't make 'em like they used to.

I gotta disagree on disappearance of local multiplayer though, there's plenty of newer gen console games that utilize it. Speaking of Diablo 3 for instance.

There are plenty, but it used to be an almost universal feature. Nintendo seem to be the only ones who get that local multiplayer is the single best thing about consoles.

Yeah you're definitely right about them being pieces of shit. I got my 360 slim maybe three years ago tops, and it's already being kind of an asshole. Meanwhile, my Sega Genesis, N64, PS2, Gameboy, and Gamegear, all from my own childhood like 15 years ago or more, work fine. They just don't make 'em like they used to.

Who do I feel like I'm the only one who's never had a problem with any of my 360's? To tell you the truth the only things I've had problems with are faulty discs. So besides that never really had any problems.

Anyways, So pumped for the Master Chief Collection, can't wait to play Halo 2 Multiplayer again!!!

It is kind of sad that there are so few games out for the new consoles worth playing that people are excited about old games being rereleased.

So, the Halo Master Chief Collection is awesome as fuck, the only problem is matchmaking and partying friends to play with is absolutely shitting the bed, this is almost as bad as the release of Battlefield 4 with the constant bugs, server issues.

Hopefully the server side update they are rolling out at 10 am PST will relegate the problems.

Went to go pay off my preorders for Persona Q and Smash Bros Wii U, and happened to find a copy of Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume for $5!

Same, I stopped playing once the Inquisition was in it's infant stages. Did a few side quests. Going back at it later.

Same. I still need to find a mount. The initial spot is so massive in itself I have like 8 side quests already haha.

What build did you do? I did a dwarf rogue this time since I did a City Elf warrior in DAO and a Human Mage in DA2.

I picked up the deluxe edition so I got a bunch of extra shit including the soundtrack but there's a problem and I can't download it right now damnit.

I also want to get Shadow of Mordor but I could only choose one and I've been looking forward to this game since I first picked up DAO/DA2

Same. I still need to find a mount. The initial spot is so massive in itself I have like 8 side quests already haha.

What build did you do? I did a dwarf rogue this time since I did a City Elf warrior in DAO and a Human Mage in DA2.

I picked up the deluxe edition so I got a bunch of extra shit including the soundtrack but there's a problem and I can't download it right now damnit.

I also want to get Shadow of Mordor but I could only choose one and I've been looking forward to this game since I first picked up DAO/DA2

Human Warrior. I can't remember which type though. Pretty sure it was Two-Handed. And yeah the world is massive, and the fact that I tried to close some of the rifts before leveling up. I got fucking mauled by that Demon lol

So are we allowed to talk about emulation here? We talk about downloading music so I guess it's okay, so long as we don't post links?

I'm using an outdated version of iOS purposely so I can use a GBA emulator. Aside from the obvious Nintendo titles, is there anyone oddballs I shouldn't miss out on? Been revisiting Mario vs donkey kong and have a final fantasy title or two, but haven't tried them yet.

So are we allowed to talk about emulation here? We talk about downloading music so I guess it's okay, so long as we don't post links?

I'm using an outdated version of iOS purposely so I can use a GBA emulator. Aside from the obvious Nintendo titles, is there anyone oddballs I shouldn't miss out on? Been revisiting Mario vs donkey kong and have a final fantasy title or two, but haven't tried them yet.

If you like JRPGs you will want to check out Golden Sun on the GBA, it's up there with Final Fantasy. Breath of Fire I and II are some other good GBA JRPGs.

When I finally get Inquisition, gonna run an elven mage as always, greasefire and sap the fuck out of everyone.

Krow check out the Dragon Quest series for awesome RPG times. And I'm not sure if the Monsters offshoot extended to GBA, I played GBC, but if you dig breeding monsters, it is fantastic.