Gamers Thread

Meh, I figure a good player should be able to win regardless of the army, unless it is broken. I did just read Astra got a new Codex, so I figure any model buying shouldn't be a waste due to a nearterm nerfbat.

The IG are less "fantastical", so it might be an aesthetic issue. Marines of any variant are simply too common even if I did like them.

Picked up the latest Humble Bundle and it contained Deus Ex: The Fall, which I'd been wanting to play. Loaded it up and...sweet jesus. Absolutely worthless port. Looks terrible, the controls are awkward and can't be rebound, and it's pretty much just Deus Ex on rails. I strongly encourage fans of the series not to play it, but at least Invisible War is no longer the black sheep of the family.

I am playing a ton Titanfall lately. Also fitting in some Battle for Wesnoth in as well. If you are on Live, I go by NahhhBad.

TitanFall is awesome. Gen 8 right now. Although, it's annoying because one of the challenges is winning a 100 matches and it's the only one I need to get to Gen 9 and then I should breeze through it to Gen 10. I just keep getting stuck with dumbass noobs on my team.

Ended up with this beaut of a Triple Pilot Kill one night. Keep an eye out though it happens really fast

http://www.twitch.tv/sweptbackflame/c/3979135

Can't wait for the next few months worth of games

Disgaea 4 for Vita in August, September brings Danganronpa 2, Hyrule Warriors and Final Fantasy Theathrhythm: Curtain Call, October is Smash Bros 3DS, November is Persona Q, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby and Smash Bros Wii U

I'm 10 hours into Splinter Cell Blacklist. This game is really fun, it makes you feel like a badass action hero while still maintaining the stealth aspect of the old SC games (unlike Conviction which you could play without even thinking).

I fucking loved Blacklist. A lot of people hated on it, but I think it's the best one since Chaos Theory. It's obviously more action-oriented than the first 3 games, but doing a ghost playthrough is a stiff but rewarding challenge. The only thing I really didn't like is the guy they got to replace Michael Ironside. The series lost a lot of its grim humor and snappy dialogue.

I fucking loved Blacklist. A lot of people hated on it, but I think it's the best one since Chaos Theory. It's obviously more action-oriented than the first 3 games, but doing a ghost playthrough is a stiff but rewarding challenge. The only thing I really didn't like is the guy they got to replace Michael Ironside. The series lost a lot of its grim humor and snappy dialogue.

I completely agree with you on almost everything you said. As much as I fucking miss Ironside helming the voice of Sam Fisher, the new guy actually did a really good job. May take time to grow on you, but this story was awesome the way they handled his dialogue. Especially that like first cut scene when he finds out Andry Kobin is the guy he's got to break out, like in the first mission of the game. Such a good tie in to the Conviction story.

Also, just started playing Zelda: Skyward Sword, have had it since launch but never really played through the first dungeon until now. And so far I am disappointed in myself for not playing it all those years ago.

Skyward Sword has my favorite art direction of the series outside of Wind Waker, but it is a very flawed game unfortunately. The flying element is underused, the world mostly seems dead, and the dungeons were a bit on the "too easy" side, but other than that it was quite enjoyable.

Has easily the best overall design for Zelda's character

I fucking loved Blacklist. A lot of people hated on it, but I think it's the best one since Chaos Theory. It's obviously more action-oriented than the first 3 games, but doing a ghost playthrough is a stiff but rewarding challenge.

For stealth even the first game has better controls than Conviction and Blacklist, the main difference being that the early games really had analog movement while the newer games feel stiff and binary. In SC 1-3 the guy probably has 5 different speeds depending on the thumb pressure, while in Conviction and Blacklist it's like 3.

crouch-walk, crouch-jog, crouch-spring, walk, jog, sprint. You've got six options, by my count.

Conviction and Blacklist are much faster paced and the controls were changed to reflect that. Both systems work for their respective games.

crouch-walk, crouch-jog, crouch-spring, walk, jog, sprint. You've got six options, by my count.

Conviction and Blacklist are much faster paced and the controls were changed to reflect that. Both systems work for their respective games.

I meant per stance.

The thing is that they're very different games. Stealth in SC 1-3 is about managing your noise levels and exposure to light. Stealth in the newer games is almost entirely about line-of-sight.

I like both systems, but the older games definitely allowed for a greater degree of ambiguity about whether you'd be seen or heard doing something, which really increased the tension. As pure stealth games they were definitely better, with Chaos Theory being the best.

Still, the newer games definitely have their appeal. It feels like playing as Jason Bourne, or Liam Neeson in Taken. I think the Mark and Execute ability is overpowered and unnecessary, though - I've beaten both games on the hardest difficulty without using it.

This and this.

YI2H1F0XIM7D1399678797878.jpg

dragon-age-inquisition-forest-screenshot.jpg

No clue how anyone can trust EA-Bioware anymore to even put out something remotely resembling a good game

Especially since The Witcher 3 is going to be out in February and will be 10x the game that DA3 will be