Gamers Thread

from the previews ive seen, DA3 is looking very promising, like a mix between DA1 and Skyrim. hopeful it will make up for the atrocity that was DA2. i have fond memories of 1 but none of 2.

my 1st character is always a greatsword-wielding warrior type

Fall 2014 according to the web? I had no idea! I have downloaded every possible piece of DLC I can on those games, glad to hear my fix will continue to be satisfied haha. What's your usual character and party focus?

I usually pick Warrior, but I've done a playthrough of each player type in Dragon Age: Origins, and I usually run with a Mage and Rogue/Thief, so it gives a pretty decent balance of everything.

Always go with mage, in pretty much every game, until I've defeated it on every difficulty. Then I start having fun with other stuff. That's the cool thing about a party-based game like the DA series, you can get a taste of each class even without playing it. :kickass:

Last play-through I used Sten, Zevran, and Dog, which was was actually a really nicely balanced party, I had like 15 different auras going (including cleansing aura) and hardly ever had to click anything. Sten and Dog together did some serious work, I just set them to attack the same enemy while Zev ran around incapacitating everyone. I've said once, I'll say it again, one of the only video games where you get a dog who's both lovable and combat-efficient, and damn what the forums say.

This time through I'm running with Wynne, Leliana, and Sten so far. Kinda not goin so great, I am playing on hard though. Leliana's pretty terrible if main char is a ranged caster like me. I'm hellbent on getting all the treasure though and she's the only pre-set with any sort of skills in lockpicking so far, don't remember if anyone else comes with them.

In other video game news... the man and I just started Hell mode on Diablo 3. I think I'm gonna try to craft the staff of herding without him just so I can see the shocked look on his face when we enter Whimsyshire :lol:

The gameplay in DA2 is superior to DAO in my opinion. The story in Origins is fucking amazing though.

I played a two bladed fighter in DAO and had Morrigan, Alistair and Morrigan for a while. Only when I realized Wynne was the healer did I throw her in in place of Alistair.

I am playing a mage in DA2 and it's pretty fucking awesome.

In Awakening, I have Nathaniel, Anders and Justice

I've been playing League of Legends quite a bit lately. Been rocking it as support Zyra and having a lot of fun. Especially if its laning with Varus, Ashe, or Sivir. Sets up some mean combos, especially after level 6... But the people that play this game... they make Mos Eisley spaceport look like a fine cross section of humanity. Either coming off at the mouth like you set off a Tourettes fit or they refuse to communicate in any fashion whatsoever.

I honestly never understood why people feel the need to act like such shits just because they're anonymous.

^cool, i play jungle vi almost exclusively these days lol

i hope you're a good support that pre-positions and gets ready to cc the enemy when the jungler pings they're coming to gank

not the kind that stands there like a dumbass doing nothing and leaves me hanging. then calls me a noob when the gank fails / i die.

I go with Ohgren, Anders, and Howe in Awakening. Only played once, pretty sure I'm gonna want Ohgren in the party again though when I go through because that drunk little bastard is just so fucking lovable.

Did anyone else have issues with Alistair being a whiny bitch about pretty much anything you say to him and eventually disliking you? Not that it matters much but I just can't make that dude happy. He always starts off so cool, too.

^cool, i play jungle vi almost exclusively these days lol

i hope you're a good support that pre-positions and gets ready to cc the enemy when the jungler pings they're coming to gank

not the kind that stands there like a dumbass doing nothing and leaves me hanging. then calls me a noob when the gank fails / i die.

I poke a lot with w + q + e combo. That's why I love laning with Varus in particular. One minor slip up even behind the minion wave and we can get a good poke for ~1/2 their carry's hp. After that one good combo we can bully the lane and deny them gold pretty easily. If they push the issue on last hits you can get some easy kills even at their tower.

If its a passive laner that just farms with no poke (vayne, trist, etc.) I normally just go Nautilus. In that case I pretty much do just stand there because he's weak early game but beast mode after around level 9. Farm up, don't feed, then destroy them when laning is over.

im a greedy jungler in that i build damage and take all the kills lol. easy as vi with her multiple gap closers, even if the enemy adc blows flash, every escape skill and their support tries ccing me, there is no escape (unless 3-4 people peel for them:p)

Anyone do tabletops? I'm a 40k-er and was just made aware they dropped the new Tyranid codex, including some new models like this bad motherfucker:

m3700387a_99120106026_TyranidHaruspex360_352x253.jpg

Reading reviews, however... I'm fucked and should just sell them all off to play chaos marines. I seriously sometimes wonder if they intentionally bring this army further and further down the tubes to counteract how fucking awesome they look. So lame.

D&D 4e
Pathfinder
Dragon Age tabletop

...seriously, you play 4th? Everyone I know including myself prefers 3.5, granted I only played anything else ever like once and can't make comparisons but my understanding was that 4th isn't very popular.

Also I'm pretty sure I've dabbled in almost every tabletop game.

Heroquest
Mageknight
Dnd (3.5)
Warhammer 40k
Pathfinder
Wrath of Ashardalon
Star Wars Tabletop
World of Darkness
Shadowrun
Deathwatch

Fuckin miniatures :kickass:

...seriously, you play 4th? Everyone I know including myself prefers 3.5, granted I only played anything else ever like once and can't make comparisons but my understanding was that 4th isn't very popular.

Also I'm pretty sure I've dabbled in almost every tabletop game.

Heroquest
Mageknight
Dnd (3.5)
Warhammer 40k
Pathfinder
Wrath of Ashardalon
Star Wars Tabletop
World of Darkness
Shadowrun
Deathwatch

Fuckin miniatures :kickass:

I started on 4e. I probably won't do any other D&D like system other than Pathfinder because everyone who has played 3.5 and Pathfinder has said that Pathfinder is the superior game because it's just an improved 3.5.

Being a fighter in Pathfinder is awesome, especially with two weapon abilities.

Tabletop gaming comes with its fair shares of lulz... one of my best stories, convinced a dwarf that honorable elven burial rites require only the deceased's head and shoes be buried, so its okay if I loot the rest of the body.

Same dwarf later died, which was very sad because my DM was excellent at RPing. Luckily a mysterious paladin brought my dimwitted dwarven friend back to life, disappearing shortly afterwards. So I rolled an amazing bluff, convinced her my very low levelled sorceror did it, and now she worships me as a deity :lol: