Gamers Thread

The first RD is alot different than Redemption, you can really tell Rockstar were testing out the game dynamics of a western style free roam but if u like western style games like that, Gun was pretty good, played it on the Gamecube so were talking a few years back.
i decided tonight that Bioshock 2 is the best one, cant beat being a Big Daddy lol

i walked past the Rockstar Leeds building today. Been here for 2 months and thats the first time i have :/

For the pokemon fans out there.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oumonotype-83909685

This is one of the better battles I've ever had. Playing mono type poison, and beating a steel team. For those not initiated, steel is totally unaffected by all poison type attacks, making it an extremely hard battle to win.

Just finished playing Pokemon X, was awesome coz i love my pokemon games anyway. Just tryin to get all the Mega Evolutions now lol
congrats on that battle, thats like taking on a pure ghost team with only pure normal types!

Just finished playing Pokemon X, was awesome coz i love my pokemon games anyway. Just tryin to get all the Mega Evolutions now lol
congrats on that battle, thats like taking on a pure ghost team with only pure normal types!

Hey, you ever play pokemon showdown? Fun and fairly challenging and let's you be as creative as you want without breeding.

Here's another battle just for the hell of it. I got my ass kicked the entire match then suddenly destroyed this poor guy.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-85069420

Oh and for anyone that doesn't think pokemon is tough, log on to pokemon showdown and get your ass handed to you.

Have you ever battled competitively? A ten year old kid on showdown will be harder than any in game battle you've ever had.

Had a few in game wi-if battles in the past, but not many. Are there restrictions on showdown like there are on the actual games? Like no hold items, no legendaries or level 50 restrictions, that kinda thing?

For all the League players.

efd56f21957f3ffcbd6904a93df3fef0.jpg

Had a few in game wi-if battles in the past, but not many. Are there restrictions on showdown like there are on the actual games? Like no hold items, no legendaries or level 50 restrictions, that kinda thing?

Battle tiers exist on showdown.
Ubers - all pokemon are fair game, including the big time legendaries like Mewtwo

OU - this is the most commonly played tier. Some legendaries are allowed, depends on the pokemon. (Weaker legends like zapdos and cobalion on are allowed, monstrous legends like Lugia and Groudon are banned) Mega gengar and mega kangaskhan (and blaziken) are banned for being too good. This is where most people battle.

UU - lesser used pokemon that aren't quite as strong are used here.

There's more, but it's a bit to explain. If your team isn't eligible for a certain tier, showdown will let you know what you need to change.

Some standard rules for all battles are
Attacks like minimize and double team are banned
OHKO attacks are banned
You can't have more than one of the same pokemon on a team
You can only put one pokemon on your opponents team asleep at a time
There's more, but that's off the top of my head.

There's a lot of thought put into the tiers and rules, so there's a bit of balance and strategies that rely on luck don't work so well.

Edit: so we don't junk up the thread, you could send me a pm if you want to know more.

Back on Dragon Age: Origins. I'm having some trouble setting Wynne to auto-revive fallen party members though, and even the internet can't help for what tactical command path to set. I could have sworn last time I played I didn't have a problem, forgot what the hell I said though.

Playing Bravely Default and holy shit this is the best thing I've played in some time

This is the first real "Final Fantasy" since FF9

Except FF9 sucked monkey-tailed dick. FF10 was arguably the last real FF.

Final Fantasy is a cool concept and I know the games are amazing... but I just can't get over the fuckin animation/ graphic preference. Not an anime fan. If they'd re-do them with a few dwarves or something, instead of adorable asian folk everywhere, I'd be inclined to try again.

The early games are pretty damn Western fantasy based, it wasn't until really 7 that they did an "anime"-esque thing, and really wasn't until 10 that it went full on with that aesthetic.

I'll have to give the earlier ones a try sometime. I only played the one where your character is a blonde dude who plays some sort of sport, and one of the gameboy ones.

Back on Dragon Age: Origins. I'm having some trouble setting Wynne to auto-revive fallen party members though, and even the internet can't help for what tactical command path to set. I could have sworn last time I played I didn't have a problem, forgot what the hell I said though.

Love the first Dragon Age it's so epic. And I can't wait for the 3rd, the return of Morrigan!

Love the first Dragon Age it's so epic. And I can't wait for the 3rd, the return of Morrigan!

Fall 2014 according to the web? I had no idea! I have downloaded every possible piece of DLC I can on those games, glad to hear my fix will continue to be satisfied haha. What's your usual character and party focus?