Gamers Thread

This is my favorite FF and one of my favorite games and I don't even remember this ending. I guess I need to replay this one again

Last edited by a moderator:
in regards to people saying that self built pcs don't have warranties, sometimes the individual warranties on the parts are years longer than the singular warranty you'd get for a whole new pc.

not to take anything away from the game itself, but that means nothing seeing as the PS4 really has nothing of worth besides bloodborne

That's fair, although a lot of the indie titles are excellent. I guess they're not really pushing the hardware though. Looking forward to playing Axiom Verge once I'm done with my first Bloodborne playthrough.

Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age 3 and Guilty Gear Xrd keep me busy enough on my PS4. Picking up Bloodborne this weekend. Also on list are Witcher 3, KH3, FFXV and Tekken 7. The console is fine.

LOL_zps22ee292c.gif

xbone sucks

Just so we're clear I own both consoles

PS4's library of "quality AAA exclusives" which is actually pretty small is incredibly sad. So far I count 5 major AAA titles and 2 of them are complete shit (The Order: 1886 and Driveclub)

Xbox One's exclusives are far better and offer a way better multiplayer experience.

Forza Motorsport 5
Forza Horizon 2
Halo MCC (Now that it's mostly working)
Killer Instinct
Sunset OverDrive
Dead Rising 3
*Titanfall
*Ryse: Son of Rome
*Dead Rising 3

*I'm aware all three of these are on PC, but these 3 games are on the xbox one only and no other console.

So whatever floats your boat. I think Microsoft has Sony one upped in terms of what's available.

The Xbone has a better library right now but that's not really saying much. I don't see a single damn thing that makes me feel the need to own a console. Bloodborne is probably the single most enticing exclusive, but fuck if I'm paying $400+ to play it.

I don't have a PS4, but can you still buy old PS1/PS2 games and play them on there? Heard some talk that you couldn't do that anymore..

... nope, no backwards compatibility. One of the main reasons i didn't and wont be buying a PS4. Also, nothing i've seen or played yet has made me think that the system is worth buying or even that much of an upgrade from last gen.

I forgot to say the online ones. Are you talking about the hardcopy versions?

If you like old school stealth like early Thief and early Splinter Cell you need to check out Styx. I love that you can't "choose how you play" in this one unlike in other modern games. In this game you are pretty much dead if you try to go up against more than one guy at a time, which makes successful sneaking all the more satisfying.

Anyone played Pillars of Eternity yet? I'm only about 4 hours deep, but it's exactly what it promised to be: the real successor to the Baldur's Gate style of games. It's pretty damn hard too. I'm getting wrecked on normal difficulty.