Gamers Thread

Anyone played Pillars of Eternity yet? I'm only about 4 hours deep, but it's exactly what it promised to be: the real successor to the Baldur's Gate style of games. It's pretty damn hard too. I'm getting wrecked on normal difficulty.

I started it. I find myself kinda bouncing off it because of the combat. Not really loving it, but it's clearly a real labour of love.

really only play Souls, probably around 700hrs combined with all titles, mainly on Dark1 and 2, just beat Bloodborne so I'm gonna get back to Demon's now that I finally have access to it (never had a PS3, partner does and they are letting me use it)

also Binding Of Issac on my Vita, replaced facebook as the thing to do on the toilet

rime, bloodborne, everybodys gone to the rapture and until dawn* are all ps4 exclusives and im hard pressed to find another system with games that are out/have impending release dates

*please feel free to make fun of me for wanting to play a stupid teenage horror b movie in video game form

also gta V is a creative and enjoyable game in my opinion, the first in the series that i've actually genuinely really liked

Reactions: CiG
started playing Penumbra: Necrologue. it's a fan made mod that uses the Amnesia: The Dark Descent engine as a sequel to the Penumbra games. i've only played about an hour but it does capture the atmosphere of Overture. it's poorly optimized and the voice acting is pretty horrible but it has potential.

Goat Simulator is finally coming to 360. I can't wait to immerse myself in a rich landscape of mammalian, shrieking fantasy. I feel like the ads for this came out like... a year ago, kinda forgot about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone play Mortal Kombat X? Don't go online unless you have mastered combo chaining, I learned that the hard way last night. I played two guys and I won 2 out of 12 games before I decided that I need more practice. It feels like the game will be great once I get the hang of it though, working to perfect my Liu Kang.

finished Penumbra: Necrologue and really got into it. you have to look EVERYWHERE for items/switches. there were a few times i had to look at a video playthrough just to find out what to do. the level design is pretty clever as you revisit many areas from the previous three games but in a fresh perspective.

so uh Witcher 3 is fucking amazing. the massive world of DA3 meets the combat of Bloodborne

:lol: don't compare a good franchise to one as bad as DA

lol how is DA bad? 1 is an all time classic and 3 is arguably better

this is my first Witcher game tho i read it has the best combat, previous ones were said to be clunky