Gamers Thread

Seriously! Have you seen the concept art released for it? It looks beautiful.

I think Liara T'Soni would be cool to have in it. Asari can live for over a thousand years, so even if the game takes place a few hundred years after Mass Effect 3, she could still be in it.

Thoughts?

Oh and have you heard of Advent Future?

It's an upcoming game from the same people who made the BioShock games. It looks like it could be BioShock 4. Advent, which is the new setting, and everything about it seems like it's the successor to both Rapture and Columbia.

...you should probably google that title or something because everything you just said is incredibly wrong

EDIT: Advent Future is not the title of a game, it was a website created to hype up an upcoming game announcement which turned out to be XCOM 2 (which I'm super excited for and will probably build a PC for). So, it's got absolutely nothing to do with BioShock.

...you should probably google that title or something because everything you just said is incredibly wrong

EDIT: Advent Future is not the title of a game, it was a website created to hype up an upcoming game announcement which turned out to be XCOM 2 (which I'm super excited for and will probably build a PC for). So, it's got absolutely nothing to do with BioShock.

What did I say that was wrong? Are you talking about Mass Effect: Andromeda?

OK Advent Future isn't a game. My bad.

Been playing d&d with a new group for the past month or two and it is going fuxking swimmingly. Last session ended with one of our Char's sister coming up on our ship and turns out she's a big ho. So she's flirting with the dudes of the party and my fuckin geriatric sun elf female rolls a 30 for disguise as a man. She believes it.

Attempt to seduce... Roll a one. DM determines I threw up on myself. I run a very strict chaotic regimen so I cast spider crawl, still puking, and attempt another throw to see if she feels bad enough for me to give me a present. Roll another one. She fuckin runs away. But someone else hits on me in her place so I cast true strike on my hand and fist his asshole.

Don't get me wrong we do cool stuff combat wise and quest wise too, but we were fucking dying near the end of that night. I think this group has awesome potential, everyone is committed and the DM is a dude I never realized was that awesome.

Other tabletoppers know that feel when you have a good group. Happy camper Carpe.

Sounds fun! It's been probly 5-6 years since I last had a chance to play. I've got a hankerin' to play a tactical dwarf warrior doing flanking and shield slams n shit.

You guys playing 3 or 3.5? I briefly looked into 4.0 but it seemed less interesting...

Yeah that sounds like a lot of fun. Never played live D&D but I played quite a few games of live MtG and D&D computer games. I'd try it out sometime for sure.

Always 3.5, I like that it's simple enough for our most inexperienced players to get the hang of but complicated enough in later levels that you can have a lot of fun. I played 4 once but it was just alien to me. I know a lot of people nerd rage hard over it.

Seriously! Have you seen the concept art released for it? It looks beautiful.

I think Liara T'Soni would be cool to have in it. Asari can live for over a thousand years, so even if the game takes place a few hundred years after Mass Effect 3, she could still be in it.

Thoughts?

Maybe, I don't think we'll see many characters from the first trilogy. I am holding out at some point that we get to see Shepherd alive at least once someday, considering that end scene made him look like he survived.

I could see Legion show up though. That would be fucking badass lol

I am very psyched for an all new Mass Effect series. I was hoping they would make the next main character an Alien race but alas they are not going that route. It would be cool to follow a Turian or Asari storyline.

I am curious about which ending they will treat as canon. I highly doubt they can go through another Mass Effect story and never mention Shepard and how he/she handled the greatest threat in galactic history.

Also what about the Genophage?? Realistically, if the genophage is cured the Krogan will be the most populous species in the Galaxy by the time of Andromeda. Even if it does take place in a new Galaxy (I am assuming this from the title) it stands to reason there would be a LOT of Krogan soldiers/explorers looking for new places to colonize. If the Krogan took a wrong direction and Wrex failed they would be a big problem.

I always chose the cure the genophage because I like the Krogan party members so much, but I also knew it was the last game and I never had to truly consider the consequences of a Krogan future. In real life I would likely not allow a complete cure....

I am very psyched for an all new Mass Effect series. I was hoping they would make the next main character an Alien race but alas they are not going that route. It would be cool to follow a Turian or Asari storyline.

I am curious about which ending they will treat as canon. I highly doubt they can go through another Mass Effect story and never mention Shepard and how he/she handled the greatest threat in galactic history.

Also what about the Genophage?? Realistically, if the genophage is cured the Krogan will be the most populous species in the Galaxy by the time of Andromeda. Even if it does take place in a new Galaxy (I am assuming this from the title) it stands to reason there would be a LOT of Krogan soldiers/explorers looking for new places to colonize. If the Krogan took a wrong direction and Wrex failed they would be a big problem.

I always chose the cure the genophage because I like the Krogan party members so much, but I also knew it was the last game and I never had to truly consider the consequences of a Krogan future. In real life I would likely not allow a complete cure....

I could of swore I saw somewhere they said you're decisions will carry over?

I am so psyched for this final story DLC, the epilogue to the game. It's going to be fucking awesome. I can't wait to see what happens.

The previous DLC aswell was fucking awesome. The Descent, going into the Deep Roads battling Darkspawn and enemies never before seen. It was epic!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wamted to love Dragon Age Inquisition but something about how it plays really bothered me. Which is weird because I liked the first DA and I seem to remember it played almost the same... I will have to give it another chance.

I'm thinking about picking it or the new Witcher up. Do either have the replay value anywhere close to Skyrim? Or should I just wait for Fallout?

Don't bother with DA, get The Witcher. You're looking at 150+ hours to do everything the game has to offer at this moment. There is a new game+ mode too.

Don't bother with DA, get The Witcher. You're looking at 150+ hours to do everything the game has to offer at this moment. There is a new game+ mode too.

Dragon Age has well over 150 hours of gameplay if you do everything. I'm on my second playthrough. And I've done everything in every single area of the game, and I'm not even done all main missions, and prob haven't even done all side quests. I think I have 3 more to do and that's prob a couple more hours. And add all the DLC and it's even more.