Gamers Thread

i was expecting that to be really cringy but it's actually great, those guys should do commentary on all the games. his response to the jumping jacks is perfect.

i only really watched the metroid race this time out and god the commentary was fucking abysmal aside from that funny calling-everyone-cancer-and-encouraging-suicide moment.

All-time favorite GDQ moment:

Context: The runner slept with the donator's wife.

I love games in general and GDQ (though I haven't seen much of this year's event) but god gamer culture creeps me out sometimes. Went to this local arcade the other day and had a generally great time playing rhythm games but the entry room was full of anime pin-ups, erotic miniatures and hentai DVDs. Not surprised there weren't a lot of women there.

i was expecting that to be really cringy but it's actually great, those guys should do commentary on all the games. his response to the jumping jacks is perfect.

I thought they knew each other the first time I watched it but once you realize they've never met before the green jacket guy seems pretty obnoxious. Usually the couch is reserved for people who know the game or for friends of the speedrunner.

Dear lord...if you ever remember a cringy memory from your past, just watch one of those videos and feel good about yourself again.

EDIT: Great, now youtube's algorithm is recommending me shit like this. What in the actual fuck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegard Pompey
I played a bit of the original Nier and it was pretty neat. I hate to say this because it's so cliche nowadays but the graphics were really fuckin cool, very horror-oriented and monochromatic. Stinted combat style only added to the disturbance.

i only really watched the metroid race this time out and god the commentary was fucking abysmal aside from that funny calling-everyone-cancer-and-encouraging-suicide moment.

Strae is a great player but yeah, not a great commentator. Really good knowledge, boring delivery.

Speed run broadcasting in the YouTube age is one of the most normie corruptions of gaming I'm aware of.

probably

that zoast dude who was world record holder at super metroid til recently is actually p chill, blasts king crimson and the like on his streams.

Ultima_VII_Black_Gate_box.jpg

I've been replaying this game as of late. It's a childhood favorite and an awesome RPG.

One of my favorite games to play were the old Dynasty Warriors games (4 and 5, specifically) but this line in 3 makes me crack up every time. It's like Trey Parker did some anonymous dubbing for Koei. :rofl:

EDIT: Forgot to put this one too. :tickled:

Reactions: CiG