Gamers Thread

You'll have to let me know what the game's like CIG. I'm a huge fan of the series but my interest has died out lately. 13 was such a monumental disappointment and 15 has been in production for so fucking long that that it's been hard to keep interest.

Will do, I'll be playing it tonight.

I totally understand by the way, that's basically me also. But my brother is more psyched to play it than me so he's kinda fueled my interest along the way. XIII just made me actually despise the company, then the constant date changing of XV's release pissed me off too.

But after watching some trailers with gameplay, seeing the movie and watching the anime short series, I see that they're really trying to make up with the fans, or at least that's what it feels like to me.

watched some of ffxv on twitch, looks weak. non-turn based rpgs just aren't my thing anyways
maxresdefault.jpg

Even this isn't?

No, it came out back in 2012. The Dark Arisen expansion came out for it in 2013. It's pretty good though. Also, the combat for it kicks FFXV's ass by a country mile.

I've heard that the combat in Dragon's Dogma is good. I've never played it.

I'm also quite worried about how well Square Enix will pull off the whole open world concept with none turn based battle. It's a more common thing in Western RPGs.

The combat isn't even good by real time standards. Square Enix can't match what they were putting out in the 90s anymore and they're simply failing at westernized gaming. That combined with them losing Nobuo Uematsu as a composer and most of their writers only contributes to why FF is a completely uninteresting franchise anymore.

Played a bit of FFXV last night and again this morning.

The world is fucking huge, the combat is Kingdom Hearts meets FFXII, the enemies are pretty tough, riding Chocobos is fun, leveling up system is somewhat similar to FFX, you don't level up in real time but rather all the accumulated XP is used whenever you set up a camp, haven't dealt with any summons yet though.

I'm ambivalent so far as to whether I like it or not. I'll give it some time.

I love XII, far more than X, but it might not meet your expectations as a Final Fantasy game. It's got a weak story, doesn't have a Uematsu soundtrack etc. but what it does have is a huge, open, gorgeous world and a very liberating, solo-MMO kind of feel to it. It's a very relaxing experience, as the gambit system allows you to set up your party to deal with random encounters autonomously.

I have some kind of seasons when playing. Sometimes I don't play much and sometimes I play all the time. I mostly play these:
Dawn of War
Dawn of war: winter assault, dark crusade, soulstorm
Dawn of War 2
Dawn of War 2: chaos rising, retribution.
Mark of Chaos
Amnesia Dark descent
or then some online games in internet.

Reactions: CiG