Gamers Thread

Has anyone played the new Zelda game? The reviews for it are ridiculous, claiming it's possibly the best in the series.

I can't justify investing in a Wii U/Switch just for one game, though.

and you don't need to (for the wii u anyways)

has plenty of good stuff available

I'd get the switch if it wasn't sold out everywhere. Maybe this summer, I don't want to bother hunting for it.

Also kind of hesitant about this zelda. My favorite zeldas were the cartoony 2d ones:

Link to the Past
Link Between Worlds
Minish Cap
Link's Awakening

This looks like the polar opposite. They basically took Fallout 4 and made a Zelda mod. I'm not sure it will be my favorite ever.

This opinion will change once you buy it and play it, trust me. It doesn't look realistic in the Skyrim/Fallout sense, it still looks cartoonish, it's very aesthetically Nintendo.

Honestly the game is fucking fantastic.

I don't get why every single Tolkien game either has to be some kind of LotR prequel or be directly based on LotR. There's so much Tolkien lore that they shouldn't have to make things up with new games.

Does it really matter though? I mean most LOTR fans wouldn't really care what it's based off of to be honest, as long as it's a good game, which I thought the first game was pretty great.

Does it really matter though? I mean most LOTR fans wouldn't really care what it's based off of to be honest, as long as it's a good game, which I thought the first game was pretty great.

I would love some stuff based on the first or second age. There's plenty of unique locations like Angband, Gondolin and Menegroth, and it would be nice to involve characters like Feanor, Turin or Beren/Luthien. The ring story is getting a bit watered down in pop culture.

I would love some stuff based on the first or second age. There's plenty of unique locations like Angband, Gondolin and Menegroth, and it would be nice to involve characters like Feanor, Turin or Beren/Luthien. The ring story is getting a bit watered down in pop culture.
A game set in Numenor or during one of the ancient battles like the Nirnaeth Arnoediad or the Dagor Bragollach would be pretty cool.

Reactions: CiG
tumblr_ohl5rqfodC1qj73soo1_250.gif

UnitedLameElver-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_olycxgTChG1qzm8mpo1_540.gif

U6qGkiX.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Games I've played recently:
  • Diablo 3: Finished Act V, and played a bunch of adventure mode until I got bored. I've only done single so far, and some friends asked me to do multi with them, so I might hop on that soon.
  • SimCity 1: I was really put off by the complexity of the newer games, so I've learned to appreciate the simplicity of this one. Ready to move on to replaying SimCity 2000 now, but too lazy to buy it so far.
  • Don't Starve: Finally finished a game (don't ask) and got new characters. Doesn't add much replayability imo. I can always come back to this game just for the satisfaction of building a base and keeping out the creepies, but that's about it.
  • Thief (i.e. the Thief game named simply "Thief"): just started it, but like it so far. I kinda got my stealth fix a few months ago by replaying Vampire: Bloodlines, but I can only replay my favorite games so often. This one satisfies my love for the gameplay style, and I'm very impressed by the graphics/artwork too.

Reactions: CiG
This is from the same developer responsible for Baldur's Gate I & II, Mass Effect I & II, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age: Origins, Neverwinter Nights, and Jade Empire. How the mighty have fallen.

The thing is it really isn't. Most of who made Bioware who they were left long ago.

So much of the game was outsourced to other development and animation studios. This is EA not the team that made all those games.

Reactions: CiG and Baroque
On Andromeda, they have acknowledged that the animations are fucked up. They are working on something to address that among other things, this comes straight from one of the higher ups from Bioware.