Gaming (Console, PC,...)

World of Warcraft destroys lives. I've watched it happen. Worse than crack rocks. Steer clear of online games.
I enjoy a game of risk after a couple of good beers. God help you if you get addicted to THAT game.

[ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=cW_Lv0r-l4c]Talking about WoW addiction...[/ame] Corpsegrinder talks about his love of the game, it's HIGHlarious!:D

I know full well how addictive WoW can be, how addictive all mmorpgs can be... but I personally don't have a problem with this. I've played several and at first I'm into them BIG TIME, but sooner or later that wears off and it's a pain to even get me to log in.:) I haven't played WoW since sunday.:S I did try Spore tho! Big let down.

@Defiance: Crash Bandicoot 3 was also my first PS game, I remember that time in 1998 so well! Procrastination rules man, when I should have been studying for my taxation exam 2 weeks ago, I was determined to get all 28 Platinum relics for Crash Bandicoot 3...and I did.

Yay for procrastination! :p

CB3 brings so many memories... ahh my first PS1, being a kid and my only concern was getting 110% in CB3 and school, good olde simple days :Smug: .

Well i always like the worst rated games the best and the best rated games like GTAIV or Ninja Gaiden the worst so that makes me even more excited:headbang:

Haha ok, as long as you stay away from games like Bratz or something (don't know if there's even a game like that, but you get my point).

World of Warcraft destroys lives. I've watched it happen. Worse than crack rocks. Steer clear of online games.
I enjoy a game of risk after a couple of good beers. God help you if you get addicted to THAT game.

Yeah I've seen it too, I really can't afford to become addicted to more things right now :p .

@ Vampyrian: That video is just brilliant! :p

^ I've played but have not completed them and yes, they're awesome and very underrated.

I believe Ico sold 3 copies.

Then again, it sold more than Rez, the most awesome game no one has ever played. This one, not joking, sold less than 2K copies in the US. No comments about that :rolleyes:, but it really is an amazing game!

And yesterday I finally finished Phantom Hourglass. It's very difficult when you can only play one day a week :erk: (time lads, time). It's simply excellent, it has to be the game that uses the most the design of the DS (touch screen, mic, etc.). But I hate that damn "Temple of the Ocean King" dungeon, and the final boss was way too easy, so I give it a 9/10.

I'll check it out now or tomorrow.:) Seriously want to play something and WoW doesn't seem to be that interesting anymore + Football Manager 2009 doesn't come out for another month!:( Anybody got any good recommendations? I'm looking for PC games that came out more than a year ago (so they'll still work on my computer). Genre doesn't really matter as long as they manage to suck me in and keep me entertained for a couple of days.

Ever play Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East? Heroes III is one of the best PC games ever, and part V is basically the successor to part III (part IV is the worst of the series and on its own a bad game). If you haven't played Heroes III, I would recommend it in the same way I would recommend, say, Fallout 2 or Sam and Max to another gamer. Heroes V is a lot of fun... it's a bit harder than Heroes III, the combat is better but world map travel is trickier and takes longer. It's a turn based strategy game. Highly recommend it.

If you like oldies, Xcom and Xcom 2 are also legendary games. If you pick up Xcom 2, make sure you read online FAQs about researching technology, it's a buggy game and you can ruin it if you do things out of order.

Oh yeah, I played Heroes 3!:D A LOT!:D Played it with a couple of friends regularly even (I always had the dungeon). Even made my own campaigns 'n shit.:) All gone sadly.:/ I don't think I played number 5 tho... I'll check it out. I remember trying 4 but yeah it wasn't good.:/ I also played Xcom a lot back in the day.:) Good games, but I'm looking for something a bit newer still.:S Heroes 5 sounds good.

Heroes V came out in 2006, and the expansion came out last year, so it's fairly new! The graphics are very good and so is the music. Heroes IV is basically ignored by the people who created Heroes V; the storyline, the way combat and building works, is all related to Heroes III, not IV. Heroes are not one man armies like in Heroes IV; they intervene in combat in the same way they do in III (except they can attack once in a while). A lot of the map doodads, buildings, special items, etc are all drawn from Heroes III. So if you played a ton of Heroes III, this is your reward! =)