Gaming (Console, PC,...)

I'm playing Warcraft 3 and QuakeWorld at the moment. Bit of nostalgia, the second one, I used to play a lot when I was maybe 12 or 13. I used to play WoW but I ended getting quite busy with band stuff and could no longer justify paying each month to play WoW, so that's when I got WC3. I missed that one entirely when it came out, so it's nice going back. Excellent game, I really like it. I almost want to start playing WoW again but I don't think I should... maybe if they lowered the subscription rate or something.

I'm playing Warcraft 3 and QuakeWorld at the moment. Bit of nostalgia, the second one, I used to play a lot when I was maybe 12 or 13. I used to play WoW but I ended getting quite busy with band stuff and could no longer justify paying each month to play WoW, so that's when I got WC3. I missed that one entirely when it came out, so it's nice going back. Excellent game, I really like it. I almost want to start playing WoW again but I don't think I should... maybe if they lowered the subscription rate or something.

WoW is like... the opposite of WC3, so don't expect the joy that comes from smashing faces in WC3 and DotA in WoW. Real time and turn based strategies are my favorite type of games, and I beta tested WoW, and I have to say I have difficulty stomaching MMOs in general. Maybe if in WoW they let me just raid with 40 bots or whatever and let me control and program them, but I'd rather manage my army in WC3 than have some humorless GM bark orders at me or get wiped by mildly retarded person drawing aggro because they have no awareness of anything that isn't in front of them.

RTS also take up... so... much... less... time than damn MMOs. In 2 hours you can barely do newbie raids unless you've spent months getting burly in WoW, so that maybe 1 or 2 people in your group can get some marginal upgrade to their weapons and armor. In 1 hour of WC3 I can get like 3 games in sometimes, or 1 completely epic game that has me satisfied for a week.

Just bought three new games for my PS2. Actually they're pretty old, but I got them really cheap, about 6 euros each.
Warhammer 40,000 : Fire warrior; I'm not a big fan of FPS games, but the Warhammer part intrigued me...
Ratchet & Clank 3; Cheaper collected price if I bought many...
Gran Turismo 3 : A-Spec; Only had one driving game before, and have heard a lot of good stuff about the GT series...
Hope they're worth playing, if not... At least they were cheap...

Ratchet and Clank and GT3 are all great, good buying :) .

My dad comes from the US tomorrow, and he'll be bringing me some much-needed games for my DS (and maybe some for PS2 too) which makes me really happy :kickass: :headbang: :) .

Should have told you dad to stay in the U.S. another month! The DS has Dragon Quest IV coming out on Sept 16th, and the new Castlevania on Oct 21. =)

^ I knoooooooooooow dammit!

It's not like I can't buy it anyhow, I'll just order them through amazon :) .

Anyhow, I asked him to buy some games so I didn't have to pay the taxes to Costa Rica.

It's amazing how expensive cds, but mainly games are here. For example, whereas a God of War (Greatest Hits) would cost $20 in the US, in here it'd cost about 40K colones, about $72!!!

A DS game costs in average $35 (19.5K colones), but in here it'd cost $54!!!

That's why I haven't bought a PS3, I saw the Metal Gear Edition the other day, and guess how much it cost?

$400?

$600?

Nope.

$720.

I couldn't help but laughing when the guys told me the price :lol: .

Bah,i can understand if you think it's expensive if you're still in school but otherwise if you have a job it's not that bad i think.
The force unleashed is released on friday!!

Bah,i can understand if you think it's expensive if you're still in school but otherwise if you have a job it's not that bad i think.

I have a hard job that pays poorly. But I live in the U.S., so even though I might starve from food prices at least my DS games are still kinda cheap. ^_^ oooo and tomorrow I get DQIV =))))

It's expensive even with a job :rolleyes: .

Here's a review for The Force Unleashed (so much for all the excitement hehe):

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3169931

And for ドラゴん*クエスト(Doragon Kuesuto):

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3169858&p=39

Revisited very old games this month out of boredom...System Shock 2 on PC, Rogue Spear, hell even Crash Bandicoot 3 on PS (10 yr anniversary). Good fun... Old-school gameplay beats new-school graphics big-time.

Hear hear! :headbang:

Actually, I also revisited an old game yesterday, Circuit Breakers. Old school racing game from the PS time. I need a new PS2 though, the old one is on it's last breath I'm afraid. It can't play DVD's or CD's anymore, and there are several games it can't start up either...

You could always get a PS2 emulator for PC...I have epsxe on my PC to play PS1 games, I know there's emulators for PS2 as well :)

@Defiance: Crash Bandicoot 3 was also my first PS game, I remember that time in 1998 so well! Procrastination rules man, when I should have been studying for my taxation exam 2 weeks ago, I was determined to get all 28 Platinum relics for Crash Bandicoot 3...and I did.

Yeah, I could. But then I would have to sette for a small screen and lousy speakers instead of a big-screen tv and a surround sound with great quality. And yes, I know the computer could get plugged into all of this machinery, but would take some serious rethinking of my living-room setup, and I can't be bothered with that right now, so... Plus, I think it's more entertaining to a console, simple as that.
Otherwise, a good suggestion.:)

It's expensive even with a job :rolleyes: .

Here's a review for The Force Unleashed (so much for all the excitement hehe):

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3169931

And for ドラゴん*クエスト(Doragon Kuesuto):

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3169858&p=39

Well i always like the worst rated games the best and the best rated games like GTAIV or Ninja Gaiden the worst so that makes me even more excited:headbang:

World of Warcraft destroys lives. I've watched it happen. Worse than crack rocks. Steer clear of online games.
I enjoy a game of risk after a couple of good beers. God help you if you get addicted to THAT game.