Gaming (Console, PC,...)

Vampyrian

Vault Dweller
Nov 20, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
Seems quite a few people in this forum like to play video games. So instead of messing up other topics, I thought it'd be a good idea to start a brand new topic. So what's everybody playing? I just started WoW last month (I know.) and it's been keeping me entertained ever since. Taking it easy too, keeping the addiction at bay.:) The last game I remember playing before that was 'Gears Of War' which I thought was excellent.

Seems quite a few people in this forum like to play video games. So instead of messing up other topics, I thought it'd be a good idea to start a brand new topic. So what's everybody playing? I just started WoW last month (I know.) and it's been keeping me entertained ever since. Taking it easy too, keeping the addiction at bay.:) The last game I remember playing before that was 'Gears Of War' which I thought was excellent.

I started WoW a bit late as well - probably half a year ago. Installed the 10-day trial and bougth the game after 3 days. Haven't played for like three weeks now, which is a record for me. But I haven't felt the urge to play lately, although I'm sure it will come soon.

Haven't been playing much games since the good old Nintendo days. Although, when I got a PC for the first time in my life (years ago that is), I was really hooked on adventure games. Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Simon the Sorcerer 1-2, Monkey Island 1-3, Discworld 1, Beneath A Steel Sky, Gabriel Knight 1-2, King's Quest 5-7 are some of the games I've finished (yea, I know I'm bragging right now :p). There probably was some more I played around those years but I can't recall them now.
Perhaps someone could enlighten me of some of the other adventure games that existed back then? "New" games such as Grim Fandango doesen't count, it should be older than that, but not as old as Maniac Mansion.

I was very sceptical about WoW at first, but I too recently started playing. it's pretty cool, but I don't think it's really worth the monthly fee (that's probably because I can only play several hours a day, which is not much for that game...) I've reached level 42 with my Undead Warlock.
Also, I still play the usual popular fps games such as CS:S, DoD:S, CoD4 and UT3 (ok, that one isn't very popular somehow, but belongs to an extremely succesful franchise)
Looking forward to: GTA4, Tomb Raider 9, Half-Life 2 Episode Three, Fallout 3, Borderlands

so yeah, I'm obviously totally into PC gaming instead of console. I've got my driver's license a few months ago and already have been to a fairly big LAN party which was good fun! (I won the UT3 1 on 1 DM competition!!) will definitely try to go more often :)

I started WoW a bit late as well - probably half a year ago. Installed the 10-day trial and bougth the game after 3 days. Haven't played for like three weeks now, which is a record for me. But I haven't felt the urge to play lately, although I'm sure it will come soon.

Haven't been playing much games since the good old Nintendo days. Although, when I got a PC for the first time in my life (years ago that is), I was really hooked on adventure games. Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Simon the Sorcerer 1-2, Monkey Island 1-3, Discworld 1, Beneath A Steel Sky, Gabriel Knight 1-2, King's Quest 5-7 are some of the games I've finished (yea, I know I'm bragging right now :p). There probably was some more I played around those years but I can't recall them now.
Perhaps someone could enlighten me of some of the other adventure games that existed back then? "New" games such as Grim Fandango doesen't count, it should be older than that, but not as old as Maniac Mansion.

My favorite adventure game of that era is probably 'The Legend of Kyrandia Book Three: Malcolm's Revenge'

There's two more games in the series but this one the funniest by far IMO.:)

My favorite adventure game of that era is probably 'The Legend of Kyrandia Book Three: Malcolm's Revenge'

There's two more games in the series but this one the funniest by far IMO.:)

I remember how I always wanted to play that game. Saw it adds and read reviews and thought to myself "I must have this game". Never did happen though... :lol:

Rivfadír;7570710 said:
Oh? Well then, seems I have no idea what I was talking about. All the games I had for my old Xbox work on my new one, so I just assumed.
Sorry if you thought I was trying to mock you.

Rivfadír;7573086 said:
Nah, I meant that just because you get to swing around a piece of plastic like a retard, doesn't mean there's great gameplay present.
You obviously played a lot of Wii games then. You should try playing:

No More Heroes, Tomb Raider, PES, Ressi 4, Excite Trucks, Eledees, SSX Blur, Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Better than the DS verion), Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure, Battalion Wars 2, Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros Brawl.

And there's way more games coming out. Castlevania Judgment :kickass:

I have so many games I have to finish I can't even think. There's a few I need to finish on the PS2, DS, Wii and 360, and I wanna play MG4 on the PS3 so bad. :cry:

You'd think programming games would turn you off playing them. :lol:

No way in hell am I ever gonna be playing anything that makes me jump around like that. I don't want a Fischer Price console. Besides, it kinda feels like the Wii is made more for kids/family than adults.

And it's okay, I didn't think you were mocking me.

The main problem with the Wii is games. There is not enough good Wii Nintendeo games coming out in a consistant manner. Also the system is in early stages once they progress this early technology it will becomse something better. Holographic video game images, as well as virtual reality will be the future.

The main problem I have with WoW is that it's completely fucked up my 'rhythm'.:S Since me and my friend usually don't have much time during the day to play, we do so at night, which means that I've been going to bed at 4 am for almost a month now.:D And I get up around 1 pm. Last night I took it a step further and couldn't fall asleep after we stopped playing, I was awake 'till 8 am. Doing basically nothing.:D This has to change.:/ College in October.

Rivfadír;7576093 said:
Besides, it kinda feels like the Wii is made more for kids/family than adults.

It's true I suppose, but I think games like Resident Evil 4 Wii edition and Madworld will help change that. Not that I've ever been much of a RE fan, but I have also only tried the Code Veronica game, and stopped after about five minutes because I couldn't stand the lousy controls and annoying camera angles. I've always been more of a Silent Hill fan, and even though there are some stupid camera angles in that series as well, it's always made me feel scared (especially the first one) while playing, and for that I love it!
Project Zero (a.k.a. Fatal Frame) is also a nice series, although I haven't really had the time to emerge myself in it yet.
Apart from them I spend most of my time with the Final Fantasy series (those availiable on ps2), the Onimusha series (fast-paced no.brainer samurai action) and of course the almighty Guitar Hero (yes, apparently I do love to swing pieces of plastic around like a retard :lol:).

If ever I go to the PC, it would probably be for Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment or Fallout.

Best game ever made. If you haven't played it yet, you should be ashamed of yourself. Too bad Fallout 3 will stink.:/ Bethesda ass-raped the franchise and made 'Oblivion with guns' while pissing in the faces of all the Fallout fans.:(

Oh trust me, I have played it, a lot. What I meant was to replay it again (and again, and again.... :))
As for nr. 3, I say we'll have to wait and see. Anyways, it doesn't seem like it's coming to any of the machines I use for gaming so it doesn't really matter to me. Have you played Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel? Haven't tried it myself, wonder if it's any good.

Draugen: An older game from around the time you mentioned I used to play was Loom. Same style as Monkey Island, but more fantasy/magic and less humour. Still an ok game though.

Oh trust me, I have played it, a lot. What I meant was to replay it again (and again, and again.... :))
As for nr. 3, I say we'll have to wait and see. Anyways, it doesn't seem like it's coming to any of the machines I use for gaming so it doesn't really matter to me. Have you played Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel? Haven't tried it myself, wonder if it's any good..

The console one? Haven't played it, but it's shite!:D Every fallout fan who's ever played it despises it.:) i did play 'Fallout Tactics', which while it wasn't a FRP, was still quite good and fun. a big problem I have with Fallout 3 is the fact that they even call it a sequel since it has shit to do with the first two, similar setting and items and so forth sure, but all in all it's like i said, oblivion with guns and has way more in common with this mediocre game. If only they called it 'Fallout Begins' or whatever!:D Anything but a sequel.:( And I would be able to stomach it maybe... And 'wait and see', I've been following the development since they bought the franchise!:D I've seen every screenshot, gameplay video or piece of info they let out. I think I'm able to guess quite well how the game looks and feels. It's an insult to everyone who's ever played and loved the first two Fallout games.

Too bad we never got to play... [ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1uuDKrY7eW0]this[/ame].=(

hehe Vampyrian, I think I prove your point exactly, I've never played the first two Fallout games, but I'm looking forward to F3 eagerly! I think it's gonna be a great game, but I won't play the prequels, because it's just too old for me.

but remember though, when they were gonna release GTA3, die-hard fans of the previous GTA games thought it was gonna suck but it turned out to be a major success!
The same thing is happening right now with Fallout, so let's see how it'll turn out..

hehe Vampyrian, I think I prove your point exactly, I've never played the first two Fallout games, but I'm looking forward to F3 eagerly! I think it's gonna be a great game, but I won't play the prequels, because it's just too old for me.

but remember though, when they were gonna release GTA3, die-hard fans of the previous GTA games thought it was gonna suck but it turned out to be a major success!
The same thing is happening right now with Fallout, so let's see how it'll turn out..

I know fanboy rage is a big roadblock for a lot of people who hear about Fallout 1&2, but you should really, really play Fallout 2. It really is one of the best games ever made. Pure fun. You will like it. Fallout 1 is fun but it's buggy and kind of short. But keep in mind the change in FO3 from FO2 is not marginal like in GTA2 vs GTA3. You're talking about going from a turn based game to basically a real time third person game. There's a big risk they can lose the game in translation; this is another reason you should play FO2.

I'm looking forward for Fallout 3 and hope it will be a great game. No mercy if they fuck it up, though. The company that is making it IS a good company that makes good games, so I'm not going to trash it for tinkering with the game formula in FO3.

As for Brotherhood of Steel, it is indeed an Ikari Warriors-style piece of shit. I played through the whole thing. It's fun if you're drunk playing in two player mode, but it's retardedly easy and the gameplay is repetitive.