Gaming console saved my day..

blackcom

Oct 5, 2003
I had one of those troubled days in my studio. We where going to set up the drums and so when i started getting problems... My DAW woulden't work properly and some other equipment was acting dead. This was one of those situation that really stresses me because the band thats paying you will get pretty frustrated and irritated when they come into a studio that has lots of technical problems and things not working. This 'could' have created a lot of tension between me,and the band beacause my studio os pretty small so I don't have any kind of restroom or anything like that for them in the meantime.

However, I popped up a GameCube with multiplayer games like F-Zero and Timesplitters... The band where actually having a jolly good time waiting for me to fix stuff... they more or less went nuts with the games...forgetting about me and any problems..

Some while later I managed to fix everything and everyone was happy.

So my little tip here to small studios is to have a gaming console lying around because it can save your ass if you get into trouble with your setup during recording...

Sounds wierd, I know, but think about it :eek:)

:) yeah, alcohol would work great for a distraction. The only problem, once you're ready to go they're drunk. Of course it means they have to do more takes which costs them more time and money. And if you're lucky they don't notice the fact that they are playing like shit cuz they're drunk, so maybe getting em drunk wouldn't be a bad idea. :)