Should I get back into console gaming?

Ecstatic Youth

...playing with fire
Yetserday, I picked up an EGM(Electronic Gaming Monthly) magazine and I saw all the glory that I had been missing out on. With games like GTA Vice City coming out soon and countless others in the not-so-distant future, should I get back into it? NOT TO MENTION, HALO 2 is coming out in like year or something.

I find myself very bored very often. With my friends forgetting that I exist, at times becoming unaware that there is this thig called a "telephone", and never being home, I wish that I had something to kill the time....like a PS2 or an X-Box.

Also, with the season being over, I can no longer take my sexy bike out to the good old conservation areas and bike for hous, a console seems like agood idea. And with Christmas coming up it means presents, a bunch of money, and cheap electronics, it all seems logical.

however...................

cd's are good. Metal ones are better. But I can not find any I want cause my shithole city blows nuts for good CD's.

So, what should I do:

Save money and buy cool camping and biking stuff for next season?
OR
Take advantage of Christmas coming and get a system to pass the long boring hours of winter?

I gave up gaming for music.I figure that I can put about 50-100 hours into a game and then be sick of it forever.But with the money I put into a game, I could buy 3 CDs, which will last me years.

Yah but i have no access to good cd's here
its tough and i listen to my cd's about 2 hours everyday outside my house at school and on the bus and a few times a week at work for anywaher from4-7 hours a day.
i thought of that, but realized my cd listening will not deminish and my buying will stay the same at "can't find any". but i mean i'll make exceptions when certain cd's come out that i know i'll find like th new opeth, nevermore...........

I'm with jimbob... I tried to play Halo on a friend's Xbox and that fucking controller is crap... I couldn't aim for shit. Keyboard/mouse combo is a lot better for these kinda games in my opinion, plus if you have a good pc, pc game graphics kick the shit outta console game graphics.

I got X-Box and I like the controller. Although I find that a lot of people don't. Guess it's just because I don't care for PC games that much. The only one I play is Black & White.

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
PC Games are where it's at, IMO. They can't make a good shooter on a console because of the limitations of the controllers. Keyboard/mouse combo allows for so much more.
100% correct. its all about PC games. those little controllers just dont have enough buttons. and mouse aiming is the ONLY way to go. you could upgrade your computer with a new CPU and more memory and a good video card for way less than 1000 bux. at least i could. i dont know if canada has an equivilent to frys.
-neal