Should i get the 360 or PS3?

That graphics argument is old as fuck. Developers have gotten PS3 coding down to a science now and there's rarely a difference at all between ports.

The Bluray argument is a strong one... it gives longevity due to the fact they can stick so much more data on those discs for future proofing the games a few years down the road a bit.

XBL? Big deal. PSN is free and their support is just fine... and they use real monetary values for downloads, not some fucking cryptic credit system.

The power is going to beginning swaying to the PS3 side quite heavily and soon at that. The new price drop and fact devs and games have caught up with exclusivity and quality is basically right there now.

As far as controls and interface... that's just personal sort of shit... cant really delve into that.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO, PS3.

Eventually you'll pay waaaay more for a Xbox due to it's NON free online gaming..which sucks!
I've actually had 2 friends, die hard xbox-ers, buying a ps3 after a gaming marathon at my place on a ps3..

I personally think the graphics are better, and the controls are smoother on PS3.

Downloading MAG beta now. Will share initial thoughts when able. Hope I dont get my ass banhammered for violating the user agreement, lolz

Don't knock it until you've played it :)

I'm sure it's all cool and stuff, I mean it looks plenty polished but what happened to originality?
I mean it's not hard to fart out an interesting game idea

You're a dentist who is slowly and steadily going insane. The game is a platformer with levels getting ever more trippy and weird as his psyche collapses in on itself.

A survival sim based around staying a live as a mutant bunny rabbit after a nuclear explosion.

A wise-cracking young man with a bullwhip goes adventuring in the jungle in search of lost treasure and there be double crosses along the way! oh wait...

This is quite apt.

If you want games, buy a 360.

If you want to be smug, chances are you already own a mac so there's no sense in buying another fashion statement that doesn't do anything. :p

haha burnnnn

someone always has to bring macs vs pc's into it, dont they? ¬_¬

I have a 360 - its awesome. My brother has a PS3 - its awesome. They both have their strong points. Most people I know prefer the 360 pads because they're chunkier and everything feels more deliberate. £40 a year for online gaming is hardly a kick in the teeth either, especially as there are usually so many more people online for 360 and it has more good games. You really won't be disappointed either way.

Also, I own a mac...

Yeah seriously, I have so many friends with either or both of these and the XBox wins hands down. Live alone, as Jeff said, is enough of a selling point for me to get an Xbox over a PS3. The only game that has been cool on PS3 for me was Infamous, I wish it weren't exclusive to the PS3 so I could play it on a real console :p

All of that with the fact that I don't own a console myself, I'm not really a gamer either. I play Counter-Strike from time to time, and use to play it "professionally" ages and ages ago. It takes a lot for any console game/console to make me want to play it. If I had a PS3 I would probably only have Infamous and a bunch of Blu-Ray movies... If I had an XBox I would probably have a shit-ton of games. My 2c...

A wise-cracking young man with a bullwhip goes adventuring in the jungle in search of lost treasure and there be double crosses along the way! oh wait...

Nathan Drake definitely does not have a bullwhip, Naughty Dog wouldn't go that far :lol: But frankly, whether or not the premise is original really doesn't matter to me, because the first Uncharted was a really enjoyable game with tight controls and some of the best writing and voice acting I've honestly ever seen in a game - and apparently the second pretty much fixes everything that was wrong with the first!

Right now im leaning towards the xbox.. i dont trust that the PS3 will live that long, i mean, come on.. Activision officially stated that they will stop releasing games to the PSP and the PS3 unless Sony lower the licensing fee's(Which they havent.).. Gabe Newell hates it and claims that it is the worst platform to work on as an developer, which is basically the same as what John Carmack said(Who is a programming genius.).
I am getting the feeling that the developers will completely abandon the PS3 very soon, thus making the hardware advantages less important.

I dont really care about the media capabilities in the consoles.. i listen to music in my computer, i dont have HDTV so i really dont care about Bluray or HDMI, multiplayer gaming will mostly happen on my PC(As i am in one of the worlds best Insurgency Clans.).
Thats the reason im leaning towards the xbox.. the only reason i have to think about getting a PS3 is that it has more capable hardware, but does that really matter when developers hate it so much that they probably will leave it behind very soon?

Right now im leaning towards the xbox.. i dont trust that the PS3 will live that long, i mean, come on.. Activision officially stated that they will stop releasing games to the PSP and the PS3 unless Sony lower the licensing fee's(Which they havent.).. Gabe Newell hates it and claims that it is the worst platform to work on as an developer, which is basically the same as what John Carmack said(Who is a programming genius.).
I am getting the feeling that the developers will completely abandon the PS3 very soon, thus making the hardware advantages less important.

I dont really care about the media capabilities in the consoles.. i listen to music in my computer, i dont have HDTV so i really dont care about Bluray or HDMI, multiplayer gaming will mostly happen on my PC(As i am in one of the worlds best Insurgency Clans.).
Thats the reason im leaning towards the xbox.. the only reason i have to think about getting a PS3 is that it has more capable hardware, but does that really matter when developers hate it so much that they probably will leave it behind very soon?

Well since you've already got your mind made up based on speculation and ridiculous arguments, guess there's no point to this thread is there?

The activision argument is lame. That guy's a notorious blowhard that was saying they needed to drop the price to sell more units of hardware so the developers could sell the same amount of games per machine since the 360 had a fucking year's head start on the install base.

NAMCO on the other hand supports the SHIT out of the PS3, so say what you will. If you really think SONY's gonna let their console die after just reworking the entirety of the machine for the slim AND dropping the price, you're just off of it.

At this point? Buy the 360 and leave the PS3 to us who dont need convincing and believing BS rumors on the web.

I have a 360 and my mate has a PS3 that I play quite a lot when I'm not arsing off playing guitar at his house.

Funnily enough, they both do the same thing.

Well since you've already got your mind made up based on speculation and ridiculous arguments, guess there's no point to this thread is there?

Ridiculous arguments such as that some of the largest game developers in the world seems to agree that the PS3 is to expensive to make games to due to expensive licensing and development times?
Are you saying that you have more experience and understanding of the procedure of creating games then Gabe Newell and John Carmack?

The activision argument is lame. That guy's a notorious blowhard that was saying they needed to drop the price to sell more units of hardware so the developers could sell the same amount of games per machine since the 360 had a fucking year's head start on the install base.

The reason this "blowhard" is talking about excluding the PS3 is due to that fact that they do not profit from making games to it, due to several reasons:

1. Expensive licensing.
2. Long development times due to it being hard to program, and constant crashes during development.
3. Not as many people use the PS3 as the xbox 360(Lame reason, but in the end it makes the sales drop.).

This means in the end that developers dont gain nearly as much profit from developing games to the PS3 as they do to the 360 and PC.

NAMCO on the other hand supports the SHIT out of the PS3, so say what you will. If you really think SONY's gonna let their console die after just reworking the entirety of the machine for the slim AND dropping the price, you're just off of it.

NAMCO has been with Sony since the PSOne.. so thats a pretty bad example in my eyes, and the only NAMCO game im the least bit interested in is Tekken(Which is available for the 360 as well.).
Im not arguing that the PS3 is the better machine here, i think you've misunderstood me there.
But the leading developers AND publishers _HATE_ the PS3, which makes me doubt how long it will live due to the fact that both developers and publisher probably will drop it.
Unless Sony does something drastic, i think that they will be in deep shit.

At this point? Buy the 360 and leave the PS3 to us who dont need convincing and believing BS rumors on the web.

Seriously, grow up.. if you are so fucking offended by my research about this console, there must be something wrong with it.

The only advantage the PS3 has is its hardware advantage, which the developers dont seem to be able to utilize:

graphics_compare.jpg

resident-evil-5-head-to-head-20090306105957776-000.jpg

69692vk0.jpg

360ps31tm0pd4.jpg

Oh yeah, the PS3 absolutely smokes the 360 with its powwahfull hardware!
.. oh, wait a minute!?

:rolleyes::lol:

Seriously, those pictures pretty much sums it up.
There is a reason why those games look worse on the PS3, and its sure as hell not the hardware.. but i guess im just buying the BS that you can find online regarding the developers having to cut corners for their PS3 ports...