Gaming Thread

Oh yeah, I'm playing the cracked game right now. It's great and I love the features, but I just don't feel it has the staying power to keep me interested. I've only got the campaign, as the skirmish mode doesn't work with the crack, but that's ok. Although I'd prefer skirmish against AI, at least the campaign lets me do some cool stuff and try out the game.
I guess I see what you mean. Still, this sense of entitlement everyone has is killing the industry, and that goes for music too.

So I'm definitely going to pick up a legit copy of SC2 after work today. I am not on call this weekend. So I expect to battle all y'alls. Steven, Justin, lets do it up this weekend.
No. Zerg. Rushes.

I guess I see what you mean. Still, this sense of entitlement everyone has is killing the industry, and that goes for music too.

I agree, but I'm probably an exception. If I were an avid SC gamer, I would've bought it on the first day. I'm more of a, "Hmmm...lemme see what all the fuss is about, and if I like it, I'll buy it so I can play online" player. Regardless, I can't play online and I can't even play the skirmish mode, so it's no big deal.

I don't blame Blizzard for not including LAN play in order to combat piracy.

I agree, but I'm probably an exception. If I were an avid SC gamer, I would've bought it on the first day. I'm more of a, "Hmmm...lemme see what all the fuss is about, and if I like it, I'll buy it so I can play online" player. Regardless, I can't play online and I can't even play the skirmish mode, so it's no big deal.

I don't blame Blizzard for not including LAN play in order to combat piracy.

I think most people who DL things say the whole "I'm going to Download this and then decide whether or not I like it enough to buy it" Then never buy it. Perhaps you're one of the few rare ones that actually does that.

As for the lack of LAN in SC I think it had more to do with the Korean market than the American. Holding tournaments with Pirated Copies and such.

i'll probably pick it up friday when i get paid, which is unfortunate because i just got back into Company of Heroes which is set up to not really allow rushing so it's going to be a jump to go into a game where rushing is huge. And i hate RTS games like that because it really doesn't involve thought it's just build a bunch of shit and blow up their base. i'm hoping by playing with you guys and my friends I will avoid that though.

I think most people who DL things say the whole "I'm going to Download this and then decide whether or not I like it enough to buy it" Then never buy it. Perhaps you're one of the few rare ones that actually does that.

As for the lack of LAN in SC I think it had more to do with the Korean market than the American. Holding tournaments with Pirated Copies and such.

Exactly. This is why I don't blame Blizz one bit for making it nearly impossible to play skirmish and not supporting LAN play altogether. I would never complain about getting anything for free, even if I'm able to play only half of it.

I'm mainly a "main story" gamer...all the DLC stuff and online stuff doesn't really interest me. Plus, Steam is a fantastic way to get good games cheap.