Gaming Thread

I have an eeepc which is fucking awesome. But the reason I want a gaming laptop us to be able to play games on airplanes. i fly a lot. i want to have oblivion with me at all times, and all the new games like codmf2 and shit.

So very disappointed in SC2... campaign was really boring and the multiplayer, well, it hasn't changed much since I started playing the beta a few months ago.

Officially worried about diablo 3.

So very disappointed in SC2... campaign was really boring and the multiplayer, well, it hasn't changed much since I started playing the beta a few months ago.

Officially worried about diablo 3.

On the contrary, I'm enjoying it pretty much. But I kinda guess that anyone who played the beta first and has gotten a grand presentation of the entire game before the campaign won't really think it's that thrilling because of that. But because I haven't, I'm having alot of fun :)

My big thing against RTS sequels like SC 2 is that they're the same as the first, just with better graphics. There's nowhere they can go. I still haven't tried it, but I really didn't care about SC in the beginning and I don't see the sequel changing my mind.

Regardless, I'll give it a try. I might love it. I tried the old one and I still have it lying around somewhere. I got bored fast.

I think my preferences for RTS are things like Medieval: Total War and the like. I did like Homeworld, however.

I have never played Starcraft, but it looks so very confusing. Is the learning curve like 1 or 2 weeks?

Maybe a week at best. If you play the first one there will be all sorts of tutorials during the campaign.

As for SCII being the same just prettier is a crock. They managed to get the feel of the first one while introducing new mechanics to the game that vastly improve it.

Maybe a week at best. If you play the first one there will be all sorts of tutorials during the campaign.

As for SCII being the same just prettier is a crock. They managed to get the feel of the first one while introducing new mechanics to the game that vastly improve it.

In what ways have they improved the game besides graphics? Can you do more things in it besides build up your forces and swarm the other person? Did they add RPG elements to it or something? What are these "game mechanics that vastly improve it"?