Gaming Thread

Not to mention you can pick factions in this one to join, for added re playability.

I wish I could find a working Planescape:Torment download. I would buy it online, but I doubt it'd run with Vista.

Not to mention you can pick factions in this one to join, for added re playability.

I wish I could find a working Planescape:Torment download. I would buy it online, but I doubt it'd run with Vista.
Why wouldn't it run with Vista? Tell you what, I'll install my copy on my Vista x64 system and let you know if it runs :)

I can't stop playing Alien Swarm. It's just so awesome.
Yeah it is. Requires a lot of tactics and coordination though.

Yeah I'd definitely get a super duper desktop for 1000 bucks and then buy another laptop for other stuff. You can at least upgrade a desktop.

I got this laptop this year, and I couldn't fathom going back to a desktop. So uncomfortable, fuck that. Laying in bed and using the internet, as I'm doing now, is a wonderful thing.

Spending a lot of money on all the Dragon Age DLCs and expansion. I know the quality will be on par, I just hope I clock in a good amount of hours for the money I'm about to blow.

I was going to do a second ME2 run, but it seems with one exception, all the DLC is just weapons and shit?

anyone excited for starcraft 2? it's been so long in the making i can't help but get drawn into the buzz (even though I don't play online). I'll probably just borrow it from someone and play the single player to at least have done it.

Im really not all that excited about starcraft 2, im tired of matchmaking. And apparently battle.net 2.0 is pretty bad all around, plus no LAN.

oh an i was rubbish at multiplayer so the only thing I would end up playing is the Campaign or against bots.

im more excited for Mafia II, I bought a second video card partially just for that game. I also realized that Medal of Honor and a few of my games I have now (BFBC2 etc.) aren't quite up to snuff in the FPS department. only problem is I have two cards but the fucking XFX guys decided to decrease the budget and stopped adding a crossfire bridge so now I have no way of using both of them till they send me one...

Here is Blizzard's Official Response to the Fan Outcry: LAN

Bob Colayco- "We don't currently plan to support LAN play with StarCraft II, as we are building Battle.net to be the ideal destination for multiplayer gaming with StarCraft II and future Blizzard Entertainment games. While this was a difficult decision for us, we felt that moving away from LAN play and directing players to our upgraded Battle.net service was the best option to ensure a quality multiplayer experience with StarCraft II and safeguard against piracy.

Several Battle.net features like advanced communication options, achievements, stat-tracking, and more, require players to be connected to the service, so we're encouraging everyone to use Battle.net as much as possible to get the most out of StarCraft II. We're looking forward to sharing more details about Battle.net and online functionality for StarCraft II in the near future." said Bob Colayco at Blizzard PR

The new blizzard system is cool no doubt, but an added LAN play would of bee great. 2.0 will sharpen in the future.

So we will see I guess, 12 hours left.