Gaming Thread

In what ways have they improved the game besides graphics? Can you do more things in it besides build up your forces and swarm the other person? Did they add RPG elements to it or something? What are these "game mechanics that vastly improve it"?

yeah see I agree that it's the same but I think it's still pretty fun anyway. I obviously don't know all the stuff they added but the campaign seems more thought out, they have new units, graphics are better, the new physics stuff is cool, the whole thing where (SPOILER MAYBE?) you're on the main battle cruiser and can buy new units, upgrades and all that stuff depending on the money you make on jobs is pretty cool and just in general its taking a good thing and making it better. I wouldn't say its the greatest game ever but having my force of like 50 marines swarm and dominate a zerg base in 3d graphics and hearing the squirts and screams is pretty intense haha

Chris

Now units can do base damage along with bonus damages against difference units. Zerg can not only borrow but move underground as well and you also have Xel'Naga towers. You have an upgrades protoss air offense (which is great because in the 1st starcraft, protoss lacked just about everything air). You can even hold more units then you could before (up to 200 I believe).

This is just really the tip of the iceberg when it comes to differentials between Starcraft & Starcraft II.

Campaign wise however has changed. It's more "interactive" I should say compared to the 1st game. I won't go into details about SC I because you should already know. But on SC II however you can upgrade your base prior to combat as well as units, and interact in places (hell they even have an arcade that is fun to play). you can talk to other AI have conversations, visit the lab for upgrades on artifacts (also lots of side stuff in campaign as well).

Really there is a difference between both games. It's not SC with upgrades visuals.

To sum it up, the campaign mode as I said is more interactive, other then the standard "this is the mission, press start".

Yep, it's pretty damn good. I like the different previously mentioned game mechanics in it. It's not light years ahead of the original in concept, but it's more immersive...at least the campaign. Now I'm just waiting to figure out how to crack the single player skirmishes.

well i got enough in next weeks pay to buy it so ill be on, console fanboy friends are telling me to get it so it must be pretty good... :p

i just find it funny how they are all on the bandwagon since it has been hyped up so much but i'm probably the only one out of them to have played the original when it first came out.

Buy your games and you won't have to waste time trying to get them to work ;)

I'm not paying 60 euros for a game I'm not even sure is entertaining enough to keep around after the campaign. I don't like online RTS matches and I don't know anyone within a 500 km radius who likes Starcraft. In a word, no.

I'm not paying 60 euros for a game I'm not even sure is entertaining enough to keep around after the campaign. I don't like online RTS matches and I don't know anyone within a 500 km radius who likes Starcraft. In a word, no.
Possible solutions:

- Download the demo if there is one

- Play a cracked game to try it out, and buy it if you like it

Just sayin'.

Oh yeah, I'm playing the cracked game right now. It's great and I love the features, but I just don't feel it has the staying power to keep me interested. I've only got the campaign, as the skirmish mode doesn't work with the crack, but that's ok. Although I'd prefer skirmish against AI, at least the campaign lets me do some cool stuff and try out the game.