Gaming Thread

Was it only questionable in the sense of missing series staples? Anything else bad?

Well, the problems with the demo in my mind were (and I'm going to keep in mind that this was only a small demo)

NPC's don't take any damage (seriously my biggest qualm)
Some NPC's didn't have dialog
No trainers
You can walk right into any house and take all the shit and nobody seems to notice (second biggest problem)
Skill tree was very basic, and fuck skill trees in gothic anyway
Dodging is way too quick and doesn't seem to effect stamina in any manner, making sword fighting very basic dodge dodge slash
Dodging is entirely rolling to the side and shit too
The bow is waaaaaay too accurate despite not seeming to have any archery skill
Health was regening way too quickly despite being at such a low level (hope that's a demo only thing), not that it mattered anyway since with the combination of houses being able to be robbed no problem, you were completely full of potions and apples and shit
The world in the demo was fairly closed, granted, I think this was a demo/starting village only thing
fires and anvils and shit did nothing, but I'm guessing blacksmithing and cooking just wasn't in the demo and will be in the full game considering drops lead you to believe that you could cook and blacksmith and shit
Crafting seemed sketchy, granted, you couldn't do much in the demo with limited drops
Couldn't sleep in a bed, which was really weird. Since the game is supposed to have this awesome night-day cycle system, I'm guessing they opted to lock sleeping out so you couldn't go to night-time. Weird.
Voice acting was horrible. Really... really... really horrible. Especially the witch.

All of this shit could be demo only shit though, so who knows.

Units can be stacked on hexes too, you know ;)

Well, I think the reasoning in Firaxis mind for stacking on squares but not hex's now is due to there being more angles and generally more tiles per area. But hey, whatever.

I still need to do multiplayer, but I think I should wait till I buy it myself over the weekend and not clog up my friends steam account for 40 hours.

yeah i don't mind it, only peve is I played a LOT of Colonization and this just doesn't seem to have the indepth-ness too it that colonization did, or civ 4 for that matter (i only played it like twice though tbh.

we should get a game going.

so heres my question for you guys since you know your shit:
I have an amd 3.4 ghz good processor
4 gb ram
512 (i think) ati hd 4350

my problem is i can't play all the games i want maxed out settings wise (fallout 3, mass effect 2 etc).

I was considering just buying a 2 gb ati video card if that would make me be able to play those games but i'm going to totally overhaul my system for deus ex 3 this summer.

so i guess the question is should i wait and play those games on lower settings (or not play them) and then this summer get a new machine pimped out like fuck to the max? or should i buy the new video card now and then upgrade my system again, is it easy to upgrade a system? i figure if i upgraded now it'd cost me a tonnn more money than if i waited until deus ex came out and i could get all the stuff i want now for way cheaper but i'd have to wait and buy a new machine.

i want to fucking play those games with max settings but my computer retardation is really fucking me over; i could have my brother rebuild my comp but i'm thinking just starting from scratch with a new system (my job pays me far too well) might be easier and most optimized.

now by good does that mean 3.4 single, dual or quad? cause if its a single thats whats fuckin up your system. i have a low end quad and crossfire 5770 and can barely play these games maxed out.

now by good does that mean 3.4 single, dual or quad? cause if its a single thats whats fuckin up your system. i have a low end quad and crossfire 5770 and can barely play these games maxed out.

quad; so with the 4 gb ram and the quad core if i just got a 2 gb ati card i could basically play whatever i want with max settings up until deus ex 3?

You wouldn't need to buy a 2GBDDR5 card. I have a 1GBDDR5 ATi card and i can max out just about everything. Save you some money ;)

this ^

if you cant max out now then something is bogging down your system, whether it be a virus or too many processes running or a fucked up driver, cause that computer should be pwning your games.

EDIT: and yeah I was playing that damn game till 4 A.M, it's pretty awesome, I cranked up the game speed to quick and found it more interesting for me. How do I make trade routes? cause one of my settlements wants some resource and it's telling me to connect it, but im not sure how.

Hey Stormo, are you gonna be playing the World of Darkness MMO? I know you hate MMOs but this is done by CCP, hopefully it will be a sandbox like they did with Eve. Could be interesting.

All Malkavians will die by my hand.

Well, you also aren't one to shun something without trying it, which is why I asked. I'm curious how it's gonna be done...it could be really good.

So i played through the Circle of Magi section with THREE mages and a rogue. Granted, my mage was an arcane warrior, but it was pretty awesome. With two healers, didn't need a warrior. I wont be able to do it again because i killed Wynne at the end and i think im gonna not do the dark ritual this time and have alistair take the fall, which will mean doing the final battle with no healer. Oh boy.

Right thread this time!