Gaming Thread

Oh btw Stormo, I restarted Planescape to get Annah (also because I wanted to do my stats differently), turns out I did kill her. She is standing in The Hive at the beginning and mouths off to you (which is why I killed her).

I've read that Ignus can betray you depending on dialogue options, is there anything I can do to make sure this won't happen? Also, I was thinking my team would be Morte, Annah, Fall From Grace, Ignus, and the television set. Is that viable, or missing any dialogue?

Ah, yeah you can kill Annah in the Hive... looks like that's a bad move.

And I'd kick Ignus out of the party. All he does is burn stuff. And he betrays you in the end no matter what. Kick Nordom out too. Ranged fighter who doesn't do much damage and is generally boring, well, apart from his dialogue. A better party would be Nameless, Morte, Vhailor, Dak'kon, Annah and Fall-from-Grace.

aaaaaaand human revolution has gone gold. now i froth at the mouth, dying of anticipation for the release yet at the same time dread school starting and my schedule getting ridiculously hectic on the exact same day. fuck.

also finished alpha protocol, somehow i got the absolutely WORST ending haha, just like when i first did ME2, except i'm not going to go back and re-do it as it'd just be too tedious. now onto invisible war and finishing shivering isles; can't wait to throw shit at people with the ridiculous physics and watch as their plastic bodies do nothing or spout out stupid dialogue. oh awful sequel, how i can't wait to wash away the memory of you with HR.

Grazie - grah ZEE eh

:)
that eyetalian was definitely the most pleasant sounding language in europa

their english was perhaps the worst, but they enjoyed practicing it with us the most. maybe cause they needed the practice, maybe cause they're less snooty jerks. id go back again. FOR MOAR GELLATO!!

yeah that's about right, that was the first time out of english speaking europe not counting a day trip to paris and I was surprised at how many people spoke english.

f404yp.jpg

Italians? Not snooty about their language? :lol:

Define snooty. If you mean they correct your Italian pronunciation, then that's not being snooty; that's called helping you out so you don't go around making an ass out of yourself.

If you mean that they don't speak any other language than Italian, then you're talking about ignorance, not snootiness, and primarily ignorance from the south. If an Italian travels to a country that's not bordering Italy, they're not going to try to speak Italian unless they're fucking morons. Italians will be the first ones to tell you that although they have a rich and beautiful language, it's completely useless outside of Italy. They take pride in their language, art, culture, and history...as they should because they certainly can't do anything else right. Take away art, culture, and food and there's nothing left, so they treat those things with the utmost respect.

Italians are very embarrassed about their level of English when they really don't have to be, at least in the north. They're shy and are afraid of speaking even when they can speak it decently.

Aside from the northern European countries, I'd say more Italians speak English than places like Spain, Portugal, FRANCE, Austria, etc. Maybe it's just because I live in the north and don't see the south very much, but that whole non-English speaking people thing is just a stereotype. I don't know one single person under the age of 25 in Italy who can't speak English; maybe it's broken and not perfect but they can get their point across. But again, maybe I'm just spoiled in the north.

that eyetalian was definitely the most pleasant sounding language in europa

their english was perhaps the worst, but they enjoyed practicing it with us the most. maybe cause they needed the practice, maybe cause they're less snooty jerks. id go back again. FOR MOAR GELLATO!!

Yeah, you got it. They just like practicing it because they never get the chance to improve it. There aren't that many native tongues living in Italy. That's how I totally rape them in English courses...they pay me shit tons of money just to sit there and talk to them for 2 hours...and that's what they want.

Ironically, they know our grammar much, much better than we do. Their problem is they never get the chance to practice it.

And yes, they really are less snooty jerks. They're very curious people and treat every person differently...they don't typically stereotype people here, and I think that's why I like them. I'm American and Americans aren't exactly liked the world over, but nowhere else have I found people more willing to give me a chance than here. Every person they meet, they treat it as a clean slate and I think that's a wonderful trait. There are, of course, prejudices against immigrants but that's usually towards the gypsies living in caravans and such.

The worst people I've ever come across? The English...namely, Londoners. I've never met a more bitter, hateful group of people in my life. I guess they just want their empire back...never have I seen a group of people who hold on to more grudges than the English. We're not talking dry, subtle, humorous jabs, either. They'd sooner piss in your face than shake your hand...even more so than the French, believe it or not. You can say that it's due to the recent anti-Americanism but that's all bullshit; they've never liked us and have always resented us, only now it's actually ok to do so overtly.

Define snooty. If you mean they correct your Italian pronunciation, then that's not being snooty; that's called helping you out so you don't go around making an ass out of yourself.
No, that's not what I'm talking about.

If you mean that they don't speak any other language than Italian, then you're talking about ignorance, not snootiness
That's what I'm talking about but it would be ignorance and not snootiness if they didn't expect everyone to speak their damn language. I've lost count of the number of times some Ity walked up to me and asked, "Parlo (or parla, whatever) Italiano?", and that my "no" was met with an eye roll and a sigh which simply said, "Stupid foreigners not knowing Italian."

It might be only people from the South who do that, but it sure is annoying (and snooty).