Gaming Thread

mario_pipe_graffiti.jpg

I've been playing this Falcon 4.0/Falcon 4 Allied Force for the past ten years or so and even though I go periods without playing it, I always come back to it after a month or so.

It's just so realistic and having actually flown in the jet when I was in Korea makes it that much more interesting because it's so realistically modeled. Of course, the classified stuff isn't in there but it's as close as you can get. Online campaigns and BFM is still awesome, even after ten years and dated graphics. There's much to be said for a dynamic campaign though. I think I enjoy it so much because I'm constantly learning about it. It takes serious studying and practice to be able to use the jet properly...it's a challenge for me and the learning curve is so steep that when you finally get good at the sim, you feel like you've really accomplished something.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77s9CTxNuRU&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing this Falcon 4.0/Falcon 4 Allied Force for the past ten years or so and even though I go periods without playing it, I always come back to it after a month or so.

It's just so realistic and having actually flown in the jet when I was in Korea makes it that much more interesting because it's so realistically modeled. Of course, the classified stuff isn't in there but it's as close as you can get. Online campaigns and BFM is still awesome, even after ten years and dated graphics. There's much to be said for a dynamic campaign though. I think I enjoy it so much because I'm constantly learning about it. It takes serious studying and practice to be able to use the jet properly...it's a challenge for me and the learning curve is so steep that when you finally get good at the sim, you feel like you've really accomplished something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhV4gWT9vJY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77s9CTxNuRU&feature=related

Steve Blankenship produced that game.

My biggest issue is that by the end of the game you were such a combat monster it was always more productive to just ignore stealth and kill everyone with impunity when you got where you were going.

Steve Blankenship produced that game.

Who is Steve Blankenship, and did he produce Falcon 4.0 or Falcon 4 Allied Force? F4 was Hasbro who then sold the rights to Lead Pursuit to make F4AF.

Lead Pursuit is working on the next generation flight sim and it's rumored to use carrier ops, which means the F/A-18. They said the Viper will still be in the new one, which is good because everyone has been studying this sim for like ten years and still don't have it completely mastered.

Personally I'd kill for a Eurofighter Typhoon sim or another F-15E sim like Jane's. Lock On was not much of a sim and really only good for making cool movies.

Interplay will always be the best companies. Mainly because of Baldur's Gate and all it's spin offs, Alone in the Dark, Bard's Tale (love Cary Elwes), Bookerman, Clayfighter, Planescape, Redneck Rampage, Lost Vikins and of course, the Fallout universe. Though BioWare did help on a few of those.

Blizzard comes close too, though. Whether I get really into their games or not, they always seem to get me hooked.

Interplay will always be the best companies.
Well, they've been gone for years, but yeah, Interplay and Black Isle will always remain one of my favourite game companies. It's sad that most gamers today don't even know who Interplay or Black Isle were :(

Bioware is probably my favorite game company nowadays. Both The Old Republic and Mass Effect 2 seem pretty ambitious, if it was any other company I'd have low expectations.
Fuck Bioware for making that a mummorpuger when they should be making another single player KotOR game (or at the very least, fixing the second).

Who is Steve Blankenship, and did he produce Falcon 4.0 or Falcon 4 Allied Force? F4 was Hasbro who then sold the rights to Lead Pursuit to make F4AF.

Lead Pursuit is working on the next generation flight sim and it's rumored to use carrier ops, which means the F/A-18. They said the Viper will still be in the new one, which is good because everyone has been studying this sim for like ten years and still don't have it completely mastered.

Personally I'd kill for a Eurofighter Typhoon sim or another F-15E sim like Jane's. Lock On was not much of a sim and really only good for making cool movies.

Steve Blankenship is my full name. :p He is the guy that produced the game originally before lead pursuit took over. I don't know the guy personally though...not sure if I'm completely related.