Gaming Thread

I haven't played a video game in a long time... i might go pick a new one up for the hell of it. I'm pretty much just waiting for Arkham Asylum and The Old Republic.

Does it have to be real-time? Because both Civ IV and GalCiv2 are very good.

i've never played galactic Civilization but civ 4 is good, although im MUCH better at Colonization than the original.

if you want to try sins out me and my friend will probably start a game on Hamachi at like 10:00 EST tonight.

im going to try to get my friend to dig out Civ 4 and we'll probably play some games of that as well, Anno 1404 is a potential canidate for tonight as well.

PM me if anyone wants to play.

well i just upgraded my computer for the first time, and i seemed to do it without burning my apartment building down or even static shocking the RAM... lets see how it handles some Mass Effect!

The decade old survival horror game? I assume you are talking about something else.

That nocturne was awesome though.

That nocturne was also good... but there was another Nocturne (Shin Megami Tensei III - Nocturne) for the PS2, which was a fuck awesome J-RPG.

Tell me more about these Nocturne and Persona games.

J-RPG's played by fat neckbeards and little asian girls that consist of a lot of grind, (in the case of persona) teenage DRAMAMAAMHURRRR, and more grind. The stories are really uninteresting to most, but Atlus fans (like myself) tend to lick the cocks of the creators who made them. The Persona series of games is more of a spin off to the main "Shin Megami Tensei" series, and it focuses more on the social linking aspect of things in the game world, and then you go through the most uninspired dungeons ever (or in the case of 3... the most uninpired DUNGEON, because it's one dungeon with fuck knows who many floors) that are randomly generated. The goal is essentially to grind and gain abilities so you can grind some more.

Nocturne takes a different route, where the sole focus is GRINDING, followed by more GRINDING, until about 70 hours later you've grinded the shit out of everything you can grind, and realize you still haven't grinded enough so you grind for another 70 hours.

There are other great spin offs to the series such as Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, where the goal is to Grind for as long as you can without saving because dungeons are 15 hours long typically with maybe 1 save point at the beginning. MAYBE 1 save point. Typically you'll die during the boss since you didn't grind enough.

There are also a few portable games that have come out as of recent in the series, such as Devil Summoner. This game consists of grinding, except its done with a hybrid Strategy RPG/Turn Based RPG battle engine, so grinding takes even more time to do than before. I'd consider this the greatest achievement in grinding history, however, NIS did this first with the wonderful game Disgaea. NIS games/fans are quite similar in nature to Atlus fans.

Typical (f)atlus/NIS fan daily activity can be summed up in the following oversized images images:

fatlusfeelsjapanese.png

2qkqszn.jpg

33zbwb9.jpg

124014947698.jpg

124014958694.png

124014962557.png

124014971578.png

124014993196.jpg

124014995988.gif

124015006657.png