Gaming Thread

There's always to hoping that Devil's Third isn't a letdown.

Yeah, I'm just going through Ninja Gaiden Sigma again, except playing Plus on the Vita. Really good translation. Some people are complaining and saying that it's 30 fps but i don't see or feel it. It's the same game I remember and feels just as good/ridiculous as ever.

On that note, any Wipeout players here? I know Steve played around with it, not for sure about anyone else, though. I know a lot of euros love that shit. In playing 2048 I'm really digging it so far. The track layouts seem a bit different but still flow well when at a higher speed class (what was Phantom class is now referred to as A+ but if you haven't played it, don't plan on getting up there without a lot of dedication to the game.) I'm really looking forward to DLC for it and hoping that they'll bring in some tracks from Pure and maybe even a few from Pulse (the couple that weren't total crap.) With their lead track developer gone, HD and 2048 were a surprising success and I'm really happy with what they've done on the vita. Luckily, like most other games so far, you can forgo the motion and tilt gimmicks and stick with good old classic Wipeout controls (LB RB = Air brake, X = thrust, etc.) All in all, definitely a step in the right direction for an already stellar series. I'm happy that at least one developer, Studio Liverpool, hasn't sucked lately. Oh, Oh, Oh, and the cross-platform thing that allows me to jump in on a race with someone playing online or on lan with a ps3? Works perfect. Absolutely seamless.

*edit* MARTIN, GET IN HERE. I know you dig on Wipeout, son.

Anyone else buy the vita yet? Anyone plan to or going to when the price drops? I was a huge psp guy and iirc a lot of you guys don't dig handhelds.

I am. I preordered it ages ago (I literally mean years ago), so I'm gonna play it yeah. I assume it'll use battle.net as platform?

Also, persona 4, was I supposed to be surprised Naoto was a girl? I mean, were the female portrait and female voice not supposed to give it away? Watching all the other characters go :O and fall over backwards made it even lamer.

Picked up a few items today:

Triton AX 720 7.1 surround headset for 360 and ps3. I'll have a review up later. Purchased them because I live with my grandparents and I like blasting games, so this was the obvious choice. I'm also curious as to how the surround holds up, as I'm used to a 2.1 desktop setup. I'll be testing them on Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 2 (two solid games with impressive soundscapes.)

Bought a few Vita games blindly. Picked up Army Corps of Hell, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Sumioni: Demon arts. So, time to see how a good portion of the launch titles stack up. So far, reviews are pretty promising for all of these, but you know how that goes. I will say that the Vita has had far and away a better launch title lineup than the PSP did.

Picked up a few items today:

Triton AX 720 7.1 surround headset for 360 and ps3. I'll have a review up later. Purchased them because I live with my grandparents and I like blasting games, so this was the obvious choice. I'm also curious as to how the surround holds up, as I'm used to a 2.1 desktop setup. I'll be testing them on Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 2 (two solid games with impressive soundscapes.)

I owned the Triton 360 AX Pro and my god did it suck so much ass. I actually originally bought the 720, but the short amount of time I had spent with it just wasn't doing anything for me, and I mistakenly thought that two speakers couldn't emulate surround better than having five actual discrete speakers. The AX pro had some very "epic" bass that was actually good for a lot of genres, but it drowned out the clarity of the other frequencies, and the "center channel" always sounded more like additional left and right speakers that were hovering above your head than actually coming from the center.

I later then learned all about Dolby Headphone, which is what the 720 is supposed to use, and it's what my Pioneer unit does, as well as my sound card. It's definitely NOT going to trick you into thinking it's as good as a true 5.1 or 7.1 setup, but it's much better for immersion than just two channel stereo headphones for sure. Thing is, you still lose some of the fidelity when you have it on DH mode over just stereo, but for the most part almost everything is better with it on rather than off for movies and games. If I'm not mistaken, you can also use your own headphones with the 720 DAC, unlike with the AX Pro.

You should watch The Matrix with them on.

gamingthennowgraphics.jpg

gamingthennowmultiplaye.jpg

gamingthennowcontroller.jpg

gamingthennowdifficulty.jpg

gamingthennowpasswords.jpg

gamingthennowmemes.jpg

The multiplayer one, hell, who likes being harassed by 13 year olds on Xbox live or Steam? I had to retire TF2 a couple months after after it went free to play.

The multiplayer one, hell, who likes being harassed by 13 year olds on Xbox live or Steam? I had to retire TF2 a couple months after after it went free to play.

I see where on FPS it's irritating, but with games like Street Fighter, it's hilarious.

So, the AX 720 7.1 are amazing. I'm really shocked at the quality of audio I'm getting out of $120 cans. Going from 2.1 to this has improved my gaming experience 100 fold. They're super comfortable for extended periods of time and the clarity is through the roof. The bass isn't through the roof but it's nice and thick. My biggest complaint is that they want you to buy an adapter for using it with PC and other things, but I said to hell with that.

13zwrbr.jpg

So, the AX 720 7.1 are amazing. I'm really shocked at the quality of audio I'm getting out of $120 cans. Going from 2.1 to this has improved my gaming experience 100 fold.

Just about anything is better than stereo (gaming/movies). :loco:
The only real downside for me when I was using either set was the cables. It's not hard to setup or anything, but it just gets annoying having the long ass cable and the volume control dangling to your side.

This is what I bought last year: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SE-DIR800C-Headphones-Headphone-Technology/dp/B0007XL43M[/ame]

You can actually use the infrared headphones as well as any other random pair at the same time if you ever needed it for more than just yourself. Some people question the durability of the headphones, but as long as you aren't constantly dropping them on the floor, or don't have an XXXXL sized head, there's no issue at all. They are actually quite comfortable and have a suprisingly super balanced sound (doesn't sound lacking in any department). These also decode DTS, which I don't believe the Tritton's do. Not a big deal if all you're using it for is gaming though.