Gaming Thread

I can tell already I'm going to have to go through this game again. I'm not dying or anything, but my chars lack the refinement that could make this feel much deeper. Right now I'm running with my mage (who heals for bigger fights), Morrigan, Alstair, and that assassin rogue I spared. Ten levels in and I feel like I still have a LOT to learn.

Whew, little over half done with Dragon Age. Then I'll play all the DLC I missed for Fallout 3.

Do you guys think I'd like Mass Effect? Hate shooters but love Fallout 3. Are the RPG elements good?

I have no idea how far I am but I've joined the armies and am about to have a chat with Loghain so I assume the end is nigh. I played it fairly shallow this time but next time through I would like to try a stealth rogue specializing in traps and poisons and see how that goes. Amazing how deep the game actually goes. If I actually read everything, I'd still be on my origin story.

I don't like the side quest system much. Compared to a ton of other games, this one seems harder to track so I end up skipping half of them. I also wish it was more open world since I enjoy a bit of grinding but these are trivial because this game is epic as hell.

You'll probably like ME, yeah. It's more action oriented, and there's less intra-party chatter, but it's definitely worth buying, especially with ME2 on the horizon. Did you go through Orzammar yet? That part put me off so badly, I stopped playing for a while. What a fucking tedious dungeon-crawl grind!

I had Mass Effect but couldn't get into it. Sadly, I got rid of it but it's back on my Xmas list this year. At least it'll only cost $20 to replace. It seems similar to this so I'm going to do it again. If no one replaces it as a gift, I'll just get it myself.

Yeah, I did Orzammar. I think the politics put me off more on that one but I thought the Sloth Demon episode seemed like it took forever. Maybe I was just slow to figure it out.

Borderlands was fun. Beat it and the dlc + all achievements. I had someone I was playing with but he kept going afk for almost an hour at a time and would open a menu so I couldn't travel so I'm done with that.

Sloth Demon is all about AoE. Use your fire, frost, and electricity AoE spells all at the same time and that fat bitch is toast. Just have your tanks play whack-a-mole with the tentacles to protect your casters.

I haven't killed a dragon yet, not even Morrigan's mom. I always got my ass handed to me. I'm actually at the end but since Morrigan left me, my powerful spells are all gone except for a few from Wynn. She's the healer but it's not enough sometimes. Now I have that annoying fucking dwarf in Morrigan's place. I'm taking a break from it because there are lots of things I wanted to do before the end but I guess I'm trapped now.

I used Shale with flawless fire crystal and Alistair with the Yusaris 2hs and a lot of fire resist gear to tank Flemeth while my rouge shot arrows into her and Wynne healed as needed and contributed minor dps

I had the dwarf, Alistair tanking, and that rogue you get at the beginning. Wynn had to be put down for her opinion after the tower. I miss her healing, though. Anyway, me and the rogue at distance where she couldn't pull us in, dwarf went down fast, and just hung in healing Alister and chugging mana pots while we whittled her down. If she missed Alistair or he resisted, I'd toss a couple of spells in to get her down faster. She did own my face the first time.

I LOVE being an Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage. I'm so OP on normal mode it's ridiculous. When I started, normal mode was too hard.

System requirements lab says this laptop can run Oblivion if I upgrade the graphics card. If it works and I can mod the game, I'll piss myself with glee.

I LOVE being an Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage. I'm so OP on normal mode it's ridiculous. When I started, normal mode was too hard.

System requirements lab says this laptop can run Oblivion if I upgrade the graphics card. If it works and I can mod the game, I'll piss myself with glee.

yeah tons of amazing mods, quite a few that make the game look 10x better than vanilla too.