Gaming Thread

I just un-installed Borderlands after beating it. What a gigantic waste of time that game was. Sure it had it's moments but for the most part, if I can reference El Stormo's quote, it was mainly "BLAM BLAM YOU FALL DOWN DERRR DERRRR!!!!" Nearly ZERO story...just "let's keep leveling up and try to get better guns to kill the same shit over and over and over again, only a little faster this time".

And the vehicles...wow, what an epic part of gameplay that was. You get a choice between two vehicles that are exactly alike and either a machine gun or rocket launcher, both of which are completely useless.

Am I missing something? How can anyone think this was better than Fallout 3? I didn't play online with anyone but I can't imagine that making the game either. You just completely overpower what little challenge there was in the first place.

The enemies get exponentially harder when you add more human players. The one time I played with Eric, Stormo, and Shadowswithin I was dying every like every 5 minutes. Then again, I suck at shooters.

So online it just becomes an incredibly frustrating frag-fest with no story. Glad I didn't buy that game.

It had it's moments though. When you got a great weapon and just start owning people left and right was always fun. That is until you level up and your weapon becomes pretty much useless, hence the never-ending search for weapons.

Yeah, I started playing both of them at the same time. The sheer awesomeness of DA probably diminished somewhat the effect of Borderlands.

I liked it. I'm all up for questing and loot. I really do wish playthrough 2 would have added a lot more. The level cap is 50 and you hit that soon into playthrough 2 so there's not a lot of incentive to keep going. I liked the dlc too.

Beat DA this morning. Epic game. I'll be starting another char this week to try to get the other half of the achievements plus I missed the boat on giving Zeveran a good buggering.

I got all the new unlocks in like, 10 minutes, because when the update rolled out the random item giver was broken and gave items every time you died! Shit was so cash.

Haven't played since, since... all I do is get items and then say "ok, well thats cool" and then forget about the game till the next update.

The Eyelander is bizarre, the fucking thing whispers shit at you when its active...

At least one of your first two should be a mage. You guys have no idea what you're missing out on. To completely control most battles with awesome AOE after AOE that look great. Your Morrigan never used any AOE's unless you made her.

But never get Shape Shifting it's the worst spec in the game.

Actually that swarm form with the 4th tier specialization ruins casters, but overall I'd agree. I used Morrigan's AOE's quite well my first playthrough. Blizzard with Death Cloud stacked on top is the only way to survive some of the battles once you get into the 20s as archers become godlike, invincible opponents that they throw at you a dozen at a time.

I did a mage but I went down the shapeshifting thing. I didn't really like it, even maxed out. I should have concentrated more on glyphs. I didn't even use Blood Mage stuff much. I preferred Arcane Warrior. The more you know!

What seems to be the best rogue spec for creeping and stealthing and traps and stuff?

Yeah, I played Assassin/Ranger and maxed out traps/lockpick and stealth among other things. You can build up to some absolutely brutal backstab potential with a couple Tier 7 Crow Daggers with grandmaster runes, mark of death, high cunning, and maxed rogue/assassin lines.