Gaming Thread

Spoilers barely for Dragon Age.
I hated the cheap slideshow ending. It's like so much work went into this game, but when it came time for the ending they just said fuck it and did it Fallout 3 style.

In Mass Effect do I really need to have at least one person with the engineering (I think?) skill? It's preventing me from using the party I want.

You mean electronics? That means you want to use a party of Wrex and Ashely... which is GAY.

It's a quite useful talent tree to have, just give yourself some points in it if you're worried (which you should be, since as I said, it's a very useful talent tree). Otherwise, be a real man and use Tali.

Fuck now that I've got a month roughly off school I should start playing some video games (fuck productivity haha! beer and videogames!). I only have an Xbox360, what's some new games that will blow me the fuck away? I have the grand theft auto episodes and they were fun but I lost interest, I have fallout, mass effect all those games (loved mass effect) so the game would have to be really recent (maybe the past 2 months or something). Anything with a great story or amazing gameplay would be awesome.
edit: fuck I just saw mass effect 2 is coming out soon.... the day after i start school! damn you horrible timing.

lol-4.jpg

Okay, I have to admit, regardless of having to deal with annoying teenage Americans... Modern Warfare 2 is an absolute blast online. NEED MOAR GUN ATTACHMENTS.

got bioshock yesterday before that steam deal closed, should be good i played it before but my comp sucked so i couldn't really play it at its best settings, I had kinda given up on games liek this a while ago but it was supposed to be amazing so ill give it a chance.

i also played Mario Kart on N64 for the first time in 8 years yesterday and provided a few hours of fun with my friend and his little brother, i miss the 64...

i also played Mario Kart on N64 for the first time in 8 years yesterday and provided a few hours of fun with my friend and his little brother, i miss the 64...

I've been playing Majora's Mask on the Wii's Virtual Console.... I remember playing the game, but I never did beat it... so I've gone back and am determined to beat the damn game.

Maaaaaan, my file on Mass Effect got messed up and whenever I loaded I died on the spot. I lost like 5 hours of side missions. I was just knocking out side missions one by one.

I don't know if I should replay and do them all again, just cut to the main quest of the game and breeze through it, or not play Mass Effect again at all and look at the ending on youtube.

I hope not - she's cooler without one. If they reveal her face it'll probably be a total anticlimax.

One of my Steam friends bought me Left4Dead 2 for my New Year's, which makes her quite awesome, and us looking for partners. Anyone who's up for it, add me on steam (ElStormo)!

I would, but... one time I tried to play the first one with a Mr. Karmic and the lag between US and Europe on that game (I didn't have a terrible ping, it was just the way the game handled the delays) was pretty harsh, so we just fucked around with exploit spots.

Maybe I'll test how it works later and see if it were to be possible.

to those who know about overclocking:

So I got a nice q9550 quad core, stock 2.83 ghz. When I overclock to 3.1 or so and higher, games will act weird and suddenly freeze or crash frequently (minimizing the game by hitting ctrl alt del and then re-maximizing it seems to sometimes unfreeze it). Besides games, everything else seems to be working fine. However, when I overclock just .05 lower, to 3.05, I don't seem to have any problems with games.

Anyone know why this may be, and what I could do to rectify this tremendous problem?

to those who know about overclocking:

So I got a nice q9550 quad core, stock 2.83 ghz. When I overclock to 3.1 or so and higher, games will act weird and suddenly freeze or crash frequently. Besides games, everything else seems to be working fine. However, when I overclock just .05 lower, to 3.05, I don't seem to have any problems with games.

Anyone know why this may be, and what I could do to rectify this tremendous problem?

overclocking is extremely twitchy and no two chips/motherboards will perform the same. Just because someone else got a stable overclock higher than yours with the same parts, there is no guarantee you can replicate that. Usually everything will work perfectly up to a point, and that extra .05 is the straw that broke the camel's back.

That being said, are you running the CPU on stock voltage or have you increased that? Often a voltage increase is required to get a stable OC past a certain point.