Gateway bands

AC/DC, Slipknot, Pantera, Lamb of God (even though I like them), Gwar, In Flames, Rammstein, Korn, Shadows Fall, Unearth, and Avenged Sevenfold.

I would rather listen to ICP than Limp Bizkit, and you all know my feelings on ICP.
:lol: I don't see how the ICP even got a great cult following anyways, I don't think they're terrible, they're ok/alright/tolerable I guess, nothing special or spectacular, seems more a "for laughs" type group.
Emperor got me into black metal, and I guess Satyricon did too since "The Pentagram Burns" was the first form of black metal I had heard if you don't count the odd Dimmu song I heard on TV once. Weird thing is, I didn't even start listening to Dimmu Borgir until I had already gotten into Emperor and Satyricon.
I seen the end of the "Progenies of The Great Apocalypse" vidoe and thought it was awesome, but I sampled Death Cult Armageddon on Amazon and didn't think much of it, this was at the time I had gotten into Lamb of God in 2005, now I realized I should've sampled Stormblasst MMV or one of the older Dimmu CD's and my black metal experience could've started earlier.