GClip on Mac? YES!

Yeah, I know it's "listen with your ears" and whatever but sometimes it's unbelievably useful to have a graphic display of what exactly you're doing to the waveform. It's especially useful with clipping because you can screw up so easily by neutering the transient. Just a very intuitive and useful version of a clipper plugin.

One might use a limiter as a guide for the settings on a clipper as sort of a work around?

I mean like:
Insert limiter so you can see where the peaks are at, adjust the slider so you see what seems to be a good amount for the treshold.
-> bypass the limiter
->insert a clipper and use the threshold from the limiter as a guide.

Haven't tested, but might do the job.

I have experimented using Ozone tonight, and as far as I get it, you can use the limiter as a GClip like inside ozone. If for example you wanna chop everything above -3dbfs, you need to use the maximizer, set in III in Clipping mode, and set both sliders at -3dB, the left one being the threshold (when the limiter starts working) and the right one being the limited peak; If I got it correctly with ozone you need to set those sliders together at whatever level you want clipping to happen. And if this is correct, you can simply insert an instance of the maximizer before another, the first one being a clipper, the second one being the maximizer limiter.

It does not look like an actual soft clipper as some audio goes through (inter samples ?) because the algorithm is not a pure clipper, but it's more or less there. I am not sure how coloration is affected though, I just spent a few minutes trying to figure it out. Looks like safer to use a dedicated clipper if needed.