[geek]nerd[/geek]

The new Desktop Trackpad is excellent, though. I'll read some reviews, and probably buy it when I go to Colorado in October.

You're wrong, it's fucking pointless. It does nothing that a good mouse
won't do and it does all it does worse than the crappiest mouse. And
don't even think about game.... oh, it's Mac only so forget games...
(Yes, yes, you have Steam now, big whoop).

A waste of $70.
But I guess anyone drinking the Apple jizz might as well get it anyway.

You're wrong, it's fucking pointless. It does nothing that a good mouse
won't do and it does all it does worse than the crappiest mouse. And
don't even think about game.... oh, it's Mac only so forget games...
(Yes, yes, you have Steam now, big whoop).

A waste of $70.
But I guess anyone drinking the Apple jizz might as well get it anyway.

I think you want to be a Mac user but can't ;) .

Just kidding, but I did say I was probably going to buy it, never said definitely. It might be interesting, but it's certainly not a priority for me right now.

About games, I've got a bunch of consoles, so no point for me in playing on my computer; I've never been a fan of that.

I guess I got what you mean by "jizz", you were trying to say that all Mac users are nincompoops that'll buy anything the company release. Or am I wrong?

I think you want to be a Mac user but can't ;) .

Actually a few years ago I might have wanted, but now I'm happy I'm not.
They treat their customers like crap and lie right to their faces, see iPhone 4.
It's funny when Apple is the big brother they were fighting in 1984.
I mean, what the fuck happened, they and Google are making Microsoft look
good in comparison.

Oh btw, my laptop is more expensive than most Macs, so it's not like I can't
afford a Mac :p

About games, I've got a bunch of consoles, so no point for me in playing on my computer; I've never been a fan of that.

I have me an Xbox 360 and had a PS3 when I was in Ireland.
Have had a bunch of consoles actually, but the best games are still on the
PC. (Which is why my laptop costs more than most Macs)

I guess I got what you mean by "jizz", you were trying to say that all Mac users are nincompoops that'll buy anything the company release. Or am I wrong?

Well, it's a reference to the Apple juice that people seem to drink, tho since
I don't think it's healthy I prefer to call it jizz or Kool-aid (as in the Guyana
Kool-aid).

It is very strange looking at the Apple fans when a new product comes out,
even with all their faults these sheep buy them just cos they have the Apple
logo on them. Now I'm not a Google fan by any means and wouldn't buy an
Android phone to save my life, but I found this to be a pretty accurate Apple
buyer mentality:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually a few years ago I might have wanted, but now I'm happy I'm not.
They treat their customers like crap and lie right to their faces, see iPhone 4.
It's funny when Apple is the big brother they were fighting in 1984.
I mean, what the fuck happened, they and Google are making Microsoft look
good in comparison.

Oh btw, my laptop is more expensive than most Macs, so it's not like I can't
afford a Mac :p

I have me an Xbox 360 and had a PS3 when I was in Ireland.
Have had a bunch of consoles actually, but the best games are still on the
PC. (Which is why my laptop costs more than most Macs)

Well, it's a reference to the Apple juice that people seem to drink, tho since
I don't think it's healthy I prefer to call it jizz or Kool-aid (as in the Guyana
Kool-aid).

It is very strange looking at the Apple fans when a new product comes out,
even with all their faults these sheep buy them just cos they have the Apple
logo on them. Now I'm not a Google fan by any means and wouldn't buy an
Android phone to save my life, but I found this to be a pretty accurate Apple
buyer mentality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

If you didn't notice before, I completely agree with you. I've been a Mac user for years (I remember the Mac Classic I and II we had at home), but Mac is becoming more like Microsoft every day; just a greedy company wanting to make more money. It's all thanks to the iPod (which is a great machine, mind you) and the iPhone. I'm not like most stupid gringos that would buy anything released by Apple.

For me it's an insult to release a new mobile every year without substantial differences, first iPhone 3G, then 3Gs, now, ta-dah, 4! Fuck that. I'm not even going to carry one of those here because I'll get killed for it (seriously), I just have my old, dated but sturdy and reliable Nokia mobile. Incidentally, my sister was robbed the other day, with a gun :( . They took her iPod Nano, and the guy saw the mobile but said" "Keep it" :p . It's really ironic that thieves have becomes so elitist on what they want to rob.

Aaaanyhow, I actually hate the bloody ads that they have: They are so cool and sophisticated, but they make you feel bloody stupid. I, at least, feel somewhat insulted when watching the ads.

And what about the environment? Apple preaches so much about how they're "environmentally conscious", but they're still incredibly polluting (though less than most companies). However, what happens with all the mobiles that they release every year? What is the environmental cost to produce that? What will people do with their old models? The way gringos are, they'll just probably throw them away into the rubbish, instead of recycling or giving them away.

Because *shrug*, I can't have last year's model! It's an antique! Just look at the new one, you can cover the antenna's reception signal with your own fingers due to the horrible design! That didn't happen with last year's model!

I do think Mac computers (desktops and laptops) are much nicer and superior than PCs, I just think that the company is mocking their costumers with the iPhones and iPods. And I'm actually sure that most people that have the latter items don't have a Mac computer, as only 5% of computers in the world are Macs.

And here's a video for you:

ON the previous video, that was just bloody hilarious! :lol: AND true! But the best part, which you may not have noticed since you don't have a Mac? The voices of the guys are from Mac's "voice software", i.e. you can choose the computer to talk to you, and the voices are like that! Hahahahaha!

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst thing is, this may actually put the concept in Apple's head. We don't need any more bad ideas going into their heads.

Naah quite unlikely. I don't think they've bad ideas, they simply don't have as much great ideas as before.

I think Apple is great for accessories (iPod, iPhone and such), but as far as computers go I have never been a fan. Though, weren't those iMacs or whatever supposed to be fantastic for video and sound editing?

I think Apple is great for accessories (iPod, iPhone and such), but as far as computers go I have never been a fan. Though, weren't those iMacs or whatever supposed to be fantastic for video and sound editing?

And movie watching, word processing, graphic design, photography….

The iMac's screen is simply amazing for watching movies, they look better than in most 1080p TVs. The thing is that the greedy guys at Apple have a patent on their calibration/contrast/resolution/etc. of their screens, hence that's why Apple screens always look better.

And movie watching, word processing, graphic design, photography….

The iMac's screen is simply amazing for watching movies, they look better than in most 1080p TVs. The thing is that the greedy guys at Apple have a patent on their calibration/contrast/resolution/etc. of their screens, hence that's why Apple screens always look better.

I sort of which I could get one cheap for that purpose. Though, the GUI and basic navigational differences would fuck with me.

I do want an iPhone though, god damnit. Every time I mess with my in-laws I get all green with envy. All I have is a second hand Razr.

I sort of which I could get one cheap for that purpose. Though, the GUI and basic navigational differences would fuck with me.

I do want an iPhone though, god damnit. Every time I mess with my in-laws I get all green with envy. All I have is a second hand Razr.

I got a Nokia that can't connect to the Internet (for free at least); it's a mobile in which you actually press the buttons (not the screen) to send an SMS and has a VGA camera (translation: Less than 1MP :p ).

So don't complain too much hehe.

I got a Nokia that can't connect to the Internet (for free at least); it's a mobile in which you actually press the buttons (not the screen) to send an SMS and has a VGA camera (translation: Less than 1MP :p ).

So don't complain too much hehe.

Ouch. On that note, I won't complain. I'm still technologically (when it comes to cells) behind, because predictive text still screws with my head.

Ouch. On that note, I won't complain. I'm still technologically (when it comes to cells) behind, because predictive text still screws with my head.

Hehe tell me about it, so don't complain too much.

But what's predictive text?

I could actually have a fancy mobiles like the ones used in 1st world countries, but not point in getting killed for a "communication" (and what not nowadays) device.

Hehe tell me about it, so don't complain too much.

But what's predictive text?

I could actually have a fancy mobiles like the ones used in 1st world countries, but not point in getting killed for a "communication" (and what not nowadays) device.

Instead of hitting the button three times to get a C and what not, it predicts what words you're going to use by the keystrokes. Unfortunately since the same number combination can equal different words, it becomes a pain sometimes.

Instead of hitting the button three times to get a C and what not, it predicts what words you're going to use by the keystrokes. Unfortunately since the same number combination can equal different words, it becomes a pain sometimes.

OK thanks ;) .

2010-08-11.gif

Oh man, I finally got Firefox up and running on my lab PC.

I can't believe the pain you go thru with just running IE and 7 at that.
That fucking thing has problems with displaying almost every page and the ads,
don't even get me started on those fucking things and how slow they make IE.
Trying to read Engadget or Gizmodo is a right pain in the ass.

Instead of hitting the button three times to get a C and what not, it predicts what words you're going to use by the keystrokes. Unfortunately since the same number combination can equal different words, it becomes a pain always.

There, I fixed it for you :D

That picture is EPIC. Period.

Yeah, Sinfest is a very smart comic strip.

Oh man, I finally got Firefox up and running on my lab PC.

I can't believe the pain you go thru with just running IE and 7 at that.
That fucking thing has problems with displaying almost every page and the ads,
don't even get me started on those fucking things and how slow they make IE.
Trying to read Engadget or Gizmodo is a right pain in the ass.

So you're saying Mac's better? :D