[geek]nerd[/geek]

Any chance we geek can make an effort and make INUA a new meme/catchphrase on the Internet? It stands for "I never use acronyms".

Example of usage:

"IDK, I think since MGS Konami IMHO went AWOL and I'm LMAO knowing this next WII product is just going to be another SNAFU with TL;DR dialog they're gonna want to change ASAP".

"Wait, what? Sorry, INUA."

So WAR is PvP oriented not PvE? That has also been done in the past...many times.

Feel free to enlighten me.

I fucking know it was done before, but I didn't see anything like this on such scale so far.

RvR servers are quite a few though, you get your Core and Role-Play servers. And RvR/RP.

Feel free to enlighten me.

Dark Age of Camelot maybe? More player does not equals more original or groundbreaking. Honestly you raved about it in several post and nothing was particularly new and in fact Im pretty sure ive found most of those new "features" in games as old as Ultima Online on free shards.

Dark Age of Camelot maybe? More player does not equals more original or groundbreaking. Honestly you raved about it in several post and nothing was particularly new and in fact Im pretty sure ive found most of those new "features" in games as old as Ultima Online on free shards.

Well, DAoC - it's still MYTHIC Entertainment, innit?

And - do you see me playing Ultima, huh? I mean - I'm not going to the 90's for ALL THAT, finally there's a modern MMORPG that delivers.

Started a melee/mutation Chaos class, it's fun.

Speaking of Mis, I think this is a good description of him:
http://xkcd.com/50/

I laughed, though I don't like Randall or XKCD, but that's a nerdly community thing I won't dredge up.

Its cool though, I just found out that they added a new ending to the Chrono Trigger port/re-make on DS. Guess he has to buy it now, anyway. I think I will.

Also, for the so-inclined, I found a website you can get old, good, DRM-free games for less than $10 american. Problem is the catalog isn't the best right now because its still in public beta. But if it takes off, it could be good in a few months. You might want to check it out if you are as inclined to older PC games as I am.

And no, I didn't get paid for that advertisement. But I'm hoping more people get into it and feed them money so they get more games.

I've got a 360 with Gears 2. It's awesome.

Vibration is so cool, I don't understand why they got rid of it in default gamepads for PS3. Having no wireless is a downer, but I figured that my router isn't that far away.

Another thing - they didn't put in an HDMI cable, there was an extra audio adaptor. WTF?

Just finished playing Fable 2 last week and now playing it a second time.
Gotta get that 1000/1000 achievements, since I got like 750 without looking
at any guides and found out that you could cheat the ending to get all 3
achievements, oh well. Anyway, I have to say that even with Fallout 3, it's
(Fable 2) looking like a game of the year, from what I hear they improved it
a lot since Fable, which I never played, so if you like Fable, you should get
Fable 2.

Also been playing Fallout 3, which, while I like it, doesn't really feel much
like Fallout, maybe cos of the FPS nature is making it seem a lot darker
than it needs to be, a lot of the humor is lost due to it IMO. I'm so over the
whole FPS genre tho, so that might also be it.

Far Cry 2, while good, was a disappointment, I have a real powerful computer
and I can run it on high graphics, so it does look amazing, but you can really
see it's consolified and for some reason the movement feels like running in hot
lava, nothing like Call Of Duty 4 or even Fallout 3. Another annoying thing is
that all the guns that enemies drop are rusted and thus jam on you every 2nd
shot... of course the enemies using them don't suffer from the same thing, so
it's a good thing you're still a super-human that can take full burst from any
weapon, even a car mounted machinegun.

God damn, I hope Operation Flashpoint 2 comes out soon, we need a realistic
shooter where people actually die from A bullet.

Still waiting to get Left 4 Dead and Gears Of War 2, mainly cos I think I will
mostly play them in co-op and my buddies haven't gotten them yet.

On a totally different note, I upgraded my hometheater (I didn't have one)
and got me a new LCD TV, I can safely say I live in a totally different place
now entertainement wise and it's sweet, oh so sweet. For those interested:

Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606
Front speakers: Wharfedale 9.5 Diamond
DVD player: Philips DVP5990 (regionfree)
TV: Samsung LE40A656

Also have an Xbox 360 Elite and got me a Logitech Harmony 555 to control
all of that with one remote :) Also have a broadband digital TV box from Telia.
My desktop PC is connected to the TV via DVI-HDMI cable, so I can finally
get some use of those 720p shows Miro always downloads :D

The only thing really left to do is converting my CDs to FLAC, so I can get
the nice music experience, but since I have hundreds of CDs I'm not really
looking forward to that and I've been listening to my MP3s so far.

And yes, only front speakers for a few reasons, their output is very nice,
even on bass, so no subwoofer is needed and anything more than front
speakers would be too big for my apartment anyway, I can always expand
this system later if/when I move, this is why I got a fairly oversized receiver
for the current system.

Just finished playing Fable 2 last week and now playing it a second time.
Gotta get that 1000/1000 achievements, since I got like 750 without looking
at any guides and found out that you could cheat the ending to get all 3
achievements, oh well. Anyway, I have to say that even with Fallout 3, it's
(Fable 2) looking like a game of the year, from what I hear they improved it
a lot since Fable, which I never played, so if you like Fable, you should get
Fable 2.

Also been playing Fallout 3, which, while I like it, doesn't really feel much
like Fallout, maybe cos of the FPS nature is making it seem a lot darker
than it needs to be, a lot of the humor is lost due to it IMO. I'm so over the
whole FPS genre tho, so that might also be it.

Far Cry 2, while good, was a disappointment, I have a real powerful computer
and I can run it on high graphics, so it does look amazing, but you can really
see it's consolified and for some reason the movement feels like running in hot
lava, nothing like Call Of Duty 4 or even Fallout 3. Another annoying thing is
that all the guns that enemies drop are rusted and thus jam on you every 2nd
shot... of course the enemies using them don't suffer from the same thing, so
it's a good thing you're still a super-human that can take full burst from any
weapon, even a car mounted machinegun.

God damn, I hope Operation Flashpoint 2 comes out soon, we need a realistic
shooter where people actually die from A bullet.

Still waiting to get Left 4 Dead and Gears Of War 2, mainly cos I think I will
mostly play them in co-op and my buddies haven't gotten them yet.

Agreed on all, besides Fable II - didn't get it yet, because local FYI keeps running out of stuff very quickly, and I didn't feel like walking 5 more blocks to the EB Games... was late anyway.

Left 4 Dead looks like HL2's bastard or something some people say, but I'd try a demo first to make my own opinion; still it doesn't look like much yet. It's Valve, OK, but I'm still on a fence about it (I didn't play HL2 episodes, btw, so don't know if it's still a "trademark everything", but TF2 SUCKED BALLS compared to CoD4 and on it's own as well to think about it).

CoD5 is out today, but I'm fucking tired of WWII setting, but might as well pick it up on 360 just to play online with some people I know (fucking CoD4 fiends :D)

CoD5 is out today, but I'm fucking tired of WWII setting, but might as well pick it up on 360 just to play online with some people I know (fucking CoD4 fiends :D)

COD5 isn't as good, as to be expected with Treyarch. It will still probably sell pretty well, but the thing is that Infinity Ward is a better developer and the games won't be as good. That being said World at War good decent reviews and should be a good game in the short term though IMO won't have the longevity of COD4.*

*I haven't played the multiplayer yet, so I'm not 100% positive on that.

Left 4 Dead looks like it could be pretty damn good. I am a Valve fanboy and I did like the HL2 episodes (they're fine if you don't mind playing a few hours and don't expect like 20 hours gameplay, or probably even half that, though the cheap price is perhaps justification), and I really liked TF2 because I am not good at CS:S, tactical shooters and the like. I was all right at COD4 but I dig TF2 because its more about the team, and I enjoy it. It certainly isn't for everyone.

The demo was just release for Left 4 Dead, FWIW.

The demo was just release for Left 4 Dead, FWIW.

Yeah, I'll look it up, thanks - kinda swamped at the moment, working weird hours (very intense schedule this week due to work), but hoping to pick up some goodies tomorrow... Wrath is available for pick-up tomorrow, so I know what I'll be doing this weekend... may be :p

Got an Airport Extreme Station for my babies... Mac is fucking awesome, I'm totally becoming a fan-boy. I've been a PC all my life (well, last 13 years or so), but Mac is absolutely amazing. Give me a PC made of 2004 components that will run like Mac of the same age :p

What was really cool - I plugged in AExtreme into PC (well, that's where my cable modem is), set it up, stuff like that, trying to find a software update - can't put my fucking finger on it.

Then I turn on Mac, launch AE utility (came with it), it recognizes - wirelessly - AE Station, prompts for update, downloads update, updates it, restarts it - bam!

Photoshop CS4 works faster than CS3 on a year old PC with faster processor (3 GHz) and faster RAM (3 GBs on both). Video-editing will suck, most likely, and I still need to get the fastest 8x AGP card for it, but - Mac is awesome.

Poked at new MacBooks last weekend... lightning fast :) Getting me one very soon :p

Mine are these big:

mytwins.jpg

Geekier than thou though :heh:

p.s. Second G5 was free. Like, absolutely.

Any of you might be a little bit more awesome ( if you are awesome ) or a little bit less worthless ( if you are worthless, you will know this cause I already told you ) if you can give me a decent place for PS2 Isos that has a good selection, a good speed and reasonable Ratio requests ( anything from 100% leecher to 1/1 ratio or 2 or 3 games for share is reasonable, anything else is unreasonable )

I can find popular shite like emo era JRPGs but some of the more oscure titles are proving hard to find seeded appropiately ( read: at least 4-5 seeds ).

Thanks in Advance and Regards

Returning-asshole.

You still are, its just a good ol' PC with OS-X on top. You are at least using a BSD like system so good for you, one day you might graduate to Linux or BSD.

I really don't see anyone using Mac OS X graduating to Linux or BSD, even
if Mac OS X is based on BSD, it's still too "stupid moron" friendly system,
you never even see a command prompt unless you specifically request for
it and if you do, you already know what to do with it, Mac does not teach
you anything about it.

You still are, its just a good ol' PC with OS-X on top. You are at least using a BSD like system so good for you, one day you might graduate to Linux or BSD.

I find my way around some Red Hat on the company's dedicated server, want to get it on one of the laptops that are just lying around to fuck with it, but I resort to partying every time. Well, I do enough work to work on my spare time :Smug:

Found it more practical to invest into a Mac Pro - instead of dumping a thousand dollars on average every year for upgrades or complete workstation change, I'd rather dump it all at once on this monster for next 4-5 years (like 16 Gbs of RAM, 6 TB of storage and like a ton of videocards).

Simple math: that G5 which is 4+ years old STILL works fucking awesome.

Hooking up a new 600 Watt PSU and my old 7950GT into my office PC today, hello CoD4! :D