[geek]nerd[/geek]

About Oblivion and Morrowind: Oblivion had a more smoothly running gameplay, but Morrowind had a much greater world. The story was better, the NPCs were more believable and the high quality loot was not leveled.

The fantasy world I like most is that of Gothic 1, 2 and 3. Especially that of the first two. I recommend those.

Besides RPGs I am still playing the Total War series with several mods and of course Frets on Fire, which is a freeware version of Guitar Hero with a lot more songs.
http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/
http://www.fretsonfire.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

-Chrono Trigger DS remake in glorious 2D

I really don't know what this is, nor I care :)

Lost FIBA championship in NBA Live 08 last night for Germany - set quarter to 2 minutes to get to the new season of Entourage, and was punished for that: 4 points difference.

Nah, Nintendo DS isn't my thing, looks like a cheap Chinese rip-off (even though it's technically not). If I ever consider a handheld gaming device - I'm going with Sony PSP (3000 is coming out this holiday season), but iPhone is still doing it for me - I commute very rarely, so there's simply no need for portable entertainment.

Nah, Nintendo DS isn't my thing, looks like a cheap Chinese rip-off (even though it's technically not). If I ever consider a handheld gaming device - I'm going with Sony PSP (3000 is coming out this holiday season), but iPhone is still doing it for me - I commute very rarely, so there's simply no need for portable entertainment.

Knowing you're a gadget fan, I'd whole-heartedly endorse the PSP to you. You can do more with it overall (that's taking into account the DS's illegal SD card memory cartridges and PSP's firmware hack) and its overall a pretty decent machine. If you were a die-hard gamer though, I might recommend the DS though. Overall, though not by a huge margin, the DS has better games (IMO) especially for certain genres. Definitely not sports (until Tecmo Bowl comes out :p) or FPS but certainly for RPGS and a few other more creative genres like Strategy. Still, knowing you, definitely get the PSP

Call me old-fashioned but I think that people who need a PSP or something similar so they dont get bored out of their minds on busrides or whatever, have a serious problem.
Only boring people get bored is what I say

i cant read/paly videogames in a car or in a bus or i get terrible headaches.

but if you have to do a long trip by train or a flight, say from europe to the US, i wouldnt mind having a psp (better, a laptop). I dont feel like reading the whole time, and just sitting there on a train alone, it is pretty boring :p

@Taliesin: I think it depends on the length of the bus ride. If it's a 10-min ride, i agree with you. For 1h+ rides, some entertainment might be useful.
My bus trips are rare and they last 3h each way (ie when i travel), so i usually take a book or an mp3 player with me. The book makes me nauseous after a while, so i end up napping. :p

It might look crappy but you'd be out of battery something like 10 hours before I have to recharge :kickass:

It might look crappy but you'd be out of battery something like 10 hours before I have to recharge :kickass:

Additional battery for PSP (not standard) will last 8-10 hours as well.

But as soon as Doom is out on iPhone - who needs those? :D Also I want Heroes and JRPG will work just fine.

Fallout 2, anyone? I mean, iPhone can handle it.

With an additional battery the DS clocks over a full day without stopping, so no cheating. Seriously everybody I know that has one says the same: it drains the battery so fast is hardly worth it.

Yea specially since this one was created before emo was even a relevant insult. Even if context was not an issue thats about the most stupid comparison ive heard.

The fact that the word emo wasn't in use when the game was made, which
was about 3 years before I played it btw, doesn't mean it's not emo.

You know nothing about gaming, you can fuck off now.

I find that funny considering that I've prolly played games before you were
speaking proper and definetly way before you stopped pooing your diapers.
So, I think I got you beat on the experience part.

The fact that the word emo wasn't in use when the game was made, which
was about 3 years before I played it btw, doesn't mean it's not emo.

I don't give a fuck about when you played it, the game was out in 1995 thats when people who like it played it. Back then "Emo" was unknown even to everyone except a few hardcore kids and it had nothing to do with the modern connotation.

Im positive you never even played Chrono Trigger since prior to the playstation all JRPGs were insanely different and really had little or nothing to do with "emo" and whatever other negative connotation you want to use.

And I dare you to define "Emo" and not directly attack Dark Tranquillity as an emo band as well.

I find that funny considering that I've prolly played games before you were
speaking proper and definetly way before you stopped pooing your diapers.
So, I think I got you beat on the experience part.

The only thing out before all that was the atari 2600 and that barely qualifies as a video game so its quite irrelevant.

Regardless of when "Emo" was created or became popular, as long as both Emo and Chrono Trigger have existed together for any length of time it's perfectly possible for the latter to appeal to Emo kids. In other words: what the heck are you talking about? You can't say something has nothing to do with something else based on the frame of time unless the two don't share any.

However, on one thing I agree with you: worshipping Chrono Trigger is the epitome of nerd, at least where I come from (on the Internet).

Regardless of when "Emo" was created or became popular, as long as both Emo and Chrono Trigger have existed together for any length of time it's perfectly possible for the latter to appeal to Emo kids. In other words: what the heck are you talking about? You can't say something has nothing to do with something else based on the frame of time unless the two don't share any.

You are all acting dumb as if you wouldn't understand that he basically compared Chrono Trigger to the modern Final Fantasy games like Final Fantasy VIII or X which ARE very "emo"-like in nature.

Its just simply a stupid analogy since Chrono Trigger has little to nothing in common with modern JRPGS. Its a bullshit irrelevant misdirection tactic, like talking to a person who claims "all metal its the same its just noise".

Its just simply a stupid analogy since Chrono Trigger has little to nothing in common with modern JRPGS. Its a bullshit irrelevant misdirection tactic, like talking to a person who claims "all metal its the same its just noise".

If all your posts were like this, everyone would like you more. Its fine to disagree and though I'll assume there is a bit of venom behind the above statement, at least it was civil. Just thought I'd point that out. That, and I'm probably going to pick up the game. I need new DS fodder, and I have no want for emulation so I'll be my first time playing. It'll be good.

If all your posts were like this, everyone would like you more. Its fine to disagree and though I'll assume there is a bit of venom behind the above statement, at least it was civil. Just thought I'd point that out. That, and I'm probably going to pick up the game. I need new DS fodder, and I have no want for emulation so I'll be my first time playing. It'll be good.

If I wanted everybody to like me more I'd listen to you and thank you for the advise. Really I know you mean well and that is great for you. However I get exasperated when I feel like I need to explain the painfully obvious, perhaps my opinion of the veterans and this board in general is too high and I get easily frustrated.

In the end though I don't really care if that is the case cause I honestly don't think everybody is that much of an idiot and its just an attempt to troll me, that is something I do not tolerate.

I'm not trying to troll you, Mis, I just don't think CT and FF 1 to 4 are that different in terms of intended target. Like I said, I don't agree with Salmy's opinion that they mostly cater to emo kids, but the point you were trying to make ("emo wasn't even in the picture when the games were made") doesn't make much sense 'cause emo is popular now and those games are still popular as well.