genres you listen to regularly besides metal

What other genres of music do you listen to?

• Total voters
Hip Hop and Hardcore/metalcore (clearly not on the list).

I have a lot of classical, but I don't listen to it all that much anymore.

I only listen to metal. \m/ I am a narrow minded metalhead, and never claimed to be anything else. I used to like some hardcore and punk (though very little punk), but I hardly listen to it at all anymore. There are lots of genres I don't mind at all, like classical and electronica without vocals.

I just listen to whatever I feel like whether it be metal or not.
At the current moment, I've actually been listening to more non-metal than metal. So aside from metal, I listen to electronic, industrial, death rock, hard rock, ambient, and a lot of gothic music and basically any combination of those. I wouldn't say I actively follow any particular genres, but just whichever bands appeal to me.

Wheres the fucking alternative? :p

I kinda wrote that off as "punk/grunge", since I figured that's the primary influence for most of what's known as "alternative rock".

To be honest, I could have used about 10-15 extra options, so that I could have broken up genres like punk/grunge, folk, and industrial, and then added extra stuff like funk, R&B, '60s pop rock, salsa, etc. Oh, and also a "metal is all I listen to" option for people like Life Sucks. :p

I just listen to whatever I feel like whether it be metal or not.
At the current moment, I've actually been listening to more non-metal than metal. So aside from metal, I listen to electronic, industrial, death rock, hard rock, ambient, and a lot of gothic music and basically any combination of those. I wouldn't say I actively follow any particular genres, but just whichever bands appeal to me.
What is death rock? I used to listen to mainstream Metal and Nu Metal and Rap before I got into extreme metal. I'm not into the kind of rap people on this forum like Dave and Mort seem to be into I like Southern Rap with a dance club vibe to it like 36 Mafia and a few others, you know, the kind people bounce aorund to and act knda stupid to. :lol: But I also liked Eminem and NWA. I haven't listened to a rap CD in forever though, all I listen to now is death and black metal since I was about 17. And about Nu Metal, it doesn't have the same affect on me as it used to, I like the riffs and drums in Slipnot and Korn but the vocals arent what the ytused to be to me. Korn's only good vocals are the aggressive ones, te rest can fuck off as theyre those whiny nu metal vocals, same with Slipknot to an extent though Slipknot>Korn, so basically the only Nu Metal I can listen to is early Mudvayne and Slipknot, the rest is ok stuff. I used to really be into Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock,POD, Godsmack, Disturbed, and Papa Roach when I was lke 13, but by the time I was 15-16 all Nu Metal had got weeded out except Mudvayne and Slipknot. And now I've turned into an only Death/Black Metal person, it's funny how musical tastes evolve. :)

I also liked Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, and Rammstein, but I still think Rammstein is good, just haven't listened to it in a while, not into MM and NIN as much though, that's decrease tastes there too.