gettin there.

I really think it's the mood yes. Not all of us can stand music like this. As you can see with our fellow forumpeople, almost all of us have been through rough times so we can empathise with Katatonia's music, but not everyone's been there, or doesn't accept it or something.

Nevertheless, it's of course not the mood of katatonia that does it for me. It's just downright the brilliant music. The vocals, instruments, rhythm, melodies, songwriting skills, etc.... Katatonia masters it all

The more musical people among my friends who do not like katatonia say things like "yeah they are good but there are so sad. it's no fun." or something. It is the mood, methinks.

But I got my girlfriend into Katatonia so fuck the rest of them ^^

katatonia s0ld out when tehy started singing!

My fav argument. Among calling Jonas' voice emo.

Comparing Katatonia to The Beatles isn't very wise.

Btw, Katatonia aren't bigger because they are pretty depressing i think...it turns some people off. But everytime that i play Katatonia for a friend, the response is incredibly positive, and i can say that i turned a fair amount of people into Katatonia fans.

Comparing Katatonia to The Beatles isn't very wise.

Btw, Katatonia aren't bigger because they are pretty depressing i think...it turns some people off. But everytime that i play Katatonia for a friend, the response is incredibly positive, and i can say that i turned a fair amount of people into Katatonia fans.

yea me and my friend discussed this, thats the only conclusion we came to, was that they are to depressive for mainstream appeal.

but fuck the mainstream they got us!!:kickass: