Getting baked before work

For fuck's sake, psychological addiction happens with *anything* - using it to slam marijuana use is the last resort of a failed argument.

The position of the line between habit and psychological addiction depends on how much of a blathering, whiny vagina the subject is - some people have the balls to make decisions rationally, and others have no willpower and are thus slaves to everything they'll ever do. Again, this has nothing to do with marijuana.

Can this bullshit just die, already?

Jeff

For fuck's sake, psychological addiction happens with *anything* - using it to slam marijuana use is the last resort of a failed argument.

The position of the line between habit and psychological addiction depends on how much of a blathering, whiny vagina the subject is - some people have the balls to make decisions rationally, and others have no willpower and are thus slaves to everything they'll ever do. Again, this has nothing to do with marijuana.

Jeff

heeyyy wasn't trying to slam anything. Just tbh i don't see the difference between the two. I agree that calling it a psychological addiction is for a lot of people just an excuse not to bite the bullet, what they have is a habit.

On the other hand, if the brain is just a load of chemicals and electricity then a psychological addiction is just as real as any other sort of addiction.

And yes i believe ALL this bullshit can die, and almost certainly should. Now.

Not against it here... Although, not before work... I make sure the session is flowing then we'll take a break and get into it. Playing drums to some r&b or new age drum and bass, bring it on baby!

Jeff

Finally someone says something smart

To get back to the topic, I only smoke before any work that doesn't involved interaction with another human being/client (because I hate being stoned when the other person isn't) and for work that's not really 'hand's on' like drum editing which takes quite a while and gets tedious. Smoking has turned long 4-7 hour editing sessions into sessions that feel like 1 hour lol.
But it's when I'm required to hold a mic to a cab or show someone how to hold their pick properly or how to actually play drums...there's no question that you just appear "stupid".

see i still don't understand what's going on to where your thought processes are so much different when you're stoned that you would mix a track completely differently than you would otherwise...

Some times (most times for me) that actually works in my favour. You really do hear things differently and there have been cases where the mixes were bad but most often I hear things I just would sober and mixes sound better.
Now I know you must be thinking "then you really must be a shit mix engineer when you're sober". No, what I mean is that the different state of mind becomes another opinion on your mix and allows you to see things differently, sometimes for better, some times for worse. I guess I'm just lucky.

I've played a show semi-stoned, and even though I warmed up I could not even hit the speeds I normally do for every other show. I now do not smoke or drink before a show.

But the part that I can actually tell you truthfully is that my language skills have suffered really badly...I mean I really struggle to put two sentences together when I speak. And I often use a big word that doesn't mean
Truthfully, the downside is I smoke almost everyday. I'm planning on quitting after I've finished the last (or doing that "moderation" thing people keep telling me about). I still get my work done on time I still get payed. I still get more bands. I still get laid. I still enjoy life.

I like to get stoned at work and download albums illegally on their wireless network, whilst being generally sexist to any female customers that come in.

Occassionally I'll shoot dope as well but thats only on the 'off' days.

Marijuana strongly modifies your perception on frequencies, especially Highs (ironically).

I know it can modify our perception on whatever we think about when we're high, but in what way does this affect our perception on highs as you've mentioned?:p I've honestly never come across a situation like that. OR maybe I just didn't notice :lol: