Getting ready for PP?

I have been working out more than I have ever since high school but that is getting ready for the police acadamey and not progpower. ProgPower is my only vacation every year so I try to do as little as i can, but i would love one day to have enough money to do the tourist thing and still go crazy in the merch room.

Hey there! Another cop in the fold! I'm glad I'm no longer solo. In regards to shaping up for PP, I workout four days a week so there's no problem there. I do buy gel inserts for my shoes to help with the standing process.

The only request I have is to wear antiperspirant/deodorant, perfume, cologne or any other item that can take the smell away. It gets pretty bad once the third set comes around.

Also in regards to shampoo, please have pleasant smelling shampoo. When you headbang, the scent travels like a mosquito truck. I remember during the Firewind set a few years back, there was a guy in front of me who headbanged continuously and had some GOD AWFUL medicated shampoo he was apparently using and it was absolutely horrible. I tried to scoot a little left or right, but it wasn't happening. I had to withstand the smell because there was no way in hell I was sitting.

Don't even get me started on those who fart in the crowd....

I'm on muscle relaxants and pain medication for my back that decided it hated me on Sunday night and didn't want to work. It shouldn't be anything that interferes with PP (although it might mean more sitting than usual) but it sucks not being able to go to the gym at all because pretty much any off balance movement causes pain to shoot through my lower back.

I also have a bad lower back (compressed disc) that's been good for quite a few months. Sitting is probably one of the worst positions to be in for an extended period of time. I always felt less pain while standing up. Hopefully yours gets better in the next few weeks!!

I also have a bad lower back (compressed disc) that's been good for quite a few months. Sitting is probably one of the worst positions to be in for an extended period of time. I always felt less pain while standing up. Hopefully yours gets better in the next few weeks!!

Yeah, sitting/lying for too long makes it really stiff so it just hurts more when I need to move. I try to keep stretching every so often (I sit at a PC at work most of the day). I'd just worry about something on the floor happening that'd make it worse. While PP doesn't allow roughhousing, it doesn't always prevent it from getting started during certain bands even if it gets stopped quickly. I just know that with my luck I'd end up being the first person who gets crashed into 5 seconds into Sabaton's set as that seems the status quo when I go to concerts with an injury. The one I went to with a sprained ankle I ended up with a stupid hardcore karate dancer twirling right into me despite him having a radius like 20 ft wide. The time I was recovering from surgery (a few days after loosing the stitches at least) was the guy who decided he just HAD to be upfront and ran his way through about 6 rows right into my back and ended up knocking me forward a few rows.

However, I'm hoping its totally gone within a week. I get occasional lower back soreness/pain for 2-3 days at a time but this was the worst it'd ever been.

Is that why I'm not a Sabaton fan :lol:

My last flare up wound up lasting 5 months. Hopefully you won't have to suffer through that, it's not much fun!

I've been diagnosed with gout since the last PP, so that's another potential issue I'll have to address. I don't usually sit down too often at PP -- and no, it's not because the seats aren't wide enough, I was kiddin' :) -- but this year I might have to remind myself to take it a bit easy.

Being that my second job has me on my feet for 4-6 hours shifts at a time and in constant motion - I consider that a good workout for PP.

I'll do my usual of "upping my vitamins", packing the Airborne, making sure every pair of shoes I plan on wearing has some sort of Dr. Scholl's poofy-thingie in them.

I'M READY!!!!!!

I do nothing.. I don't drink that often so that way after a beer or two I feel great and save $$$ !!!! Of course with my drinking of the Gouden Carolus may make that two beers into four for any affect at all...

After belligerently headbanging at the Judas Priest show, I had a very sore neck all the next day. I guess I should do some neck-rolls, haha

Well, looks like my back pains may have been caused by a kidney/bladder infection. Odd because I have no other symptoms of a urinary tract infection but that's what my tests came back positive for. Taking antibiotics this weekend. Pains went away after a week so I'm all good for spending most of the fest on the floor and not in the seats.

I had hoped to be back to my “fighting weight” by ProgPower…but the way the last couple of weeks have gone, I have lowered my standards and settled for just trying to curb my stress eating and not gain any *more* weight. :lol: I picked up an AM/PM Beginner Yoga DVD, and for the last week, I’ve been doing a short routine in the morning and a longer routine at night. I actually am seeing an improvement in my level of stress…as well as some improved flexibility, which is an added bonus!

On the musical side, I have been trying to do my “homework” and listen to the CDs of bands I’m not too familiar with. Some of the CDs were ones I picked up in the vendor room of LAST year’s ProgPower…so this was some serious procrastination. Gaaaa! I hate when I do that! :mad:

Well, looks like my back pains may have been caused by a kidney/bladder infection. Odd because I have no other symptoms of a urinary tract infection but that's what my tests came back positive for.

I had a kidney infection 2 years ago with absolutely no other symptoms, and one 2 months ago where I experienced only a tiny amount of discomfort, then bam! my back was killing me, and I was in the ER that night. Some people just don't seem to get all the symptoms. *shrug* Glad it is all okay now though!

Back to the topic... I now have my corset night outfit picked out and a good idea of what I'll probably be wearing the other nights... nothing extravagant, so not much planning required. I've now lost the full 15 or so pounds I put on after PP last year, so no one will be able to tell I got fat in the interim. lol

Hmm, this thread brings to mind another related topic: Things To Bring that people might overlook.

• power-splitter or an extension cord. Hotels never have enough outlets nowadays, what with laptops, phone chargers, etc. needing to be plugged in!

Anyone else have some?