So for those of you not on Facebook, I'm doing P90X

Managed to start back with yoga today. Now to grab the balance ball and do stuff with that, main problem is lack of cardio, will be assisting that once I can find a decent pair of roller blades.

Damn - I wish I had been able to con my parents into this concept in the summers of '83 or '84. Those were 1200 mile summers each for me. (Cross Country training - 100+ mile weeks in the Georgia heat)

My brother knows that feeling :p I on the other hand, am simply a walker.

I mean we also have a bench press but its stuck in the attic as i don't have room for in my room along with the treadmill, the nice big leather chair, coffee table, tv, and bookshelves. etc

Day 7:

Exercise: Today was supposed to be X-Stretch. Since I took Kempo X off, I went to see my trainer. I finally feel like I'm back to where I was when I was going to him 6 times a week in fitness, after only a week of P90X. I pushed harder than I have in months, and felt great. I wanted to keep going. It was pretty awesome.

Eating: I don't really remember how it went. I do know that I'm starting to be a little lax with things. And I know that shit needs to stop. Trigger foods are definitely bread, peanut butter and honey. I need to get them out of the house and make them generally unavailable.

Day 8. This is when I weighed in at 190.2 pounds. Still find it intense that I've dropped 6.4 pounds in one week.

Exercise: Today is starting another round of everything I did the first week. At least now I know what I'm in for. Chest and Back today. Still don't have a pull up bar. Oops. :err: ... Rocking out the pushups, rocking out the modified pullups with the bands. I'm not pushing through on the first round because I know round two is coming, but I WAIL on round two. As I'm doing my close grip pullup modification, my band snaps, and both sides ricochet towards my face like a 1" thick rubber band. They miss. I guess I'm done with pull-ups for the day. Tony confirms it, it was the last set. A few more exercises and we're through. Cool down is done, and Ab Ripper X starts. I do as much as I can. I still feel like a baby. Feels good to be done.

Eating: Still trying to stop falling off the wagon here. It's not bad, but it's not what I need to be doing. Starting to annoy myself. I need to find a way to stop immediately going for carbs when hungry. I will lock this down again.

Day 9:

Exercise: Another round of Plyometrics await. Last week I did it in the morning and I almost didn't complete the workout because I could barely move. None of that shit this week. I'll do it after work. BUT WAIT, A WILD HAPPY HOUR APPEARS. IT USES BEER. ITS VERY EFFECTIVE...

Eating: So I go. Because it's my buddy's leaving the state. Of course, it's at a mexican restaurant. Where they have unlimited chips. And 2 dollar beer. So I end up having 2 beers and some chips. Probably 200 calories of them. Not terrible. Then they bring out cake. I DENY YOU, CAKE! It's weird. People were actually visibly upset with me for not having cake. I'd spent the past 30 minutes telling these same people I'm doing P90X and I'm already off the wagon with the beer, but they're literally trying to shove this cake down my throat. Jesus people, I just don't want the fucking cake, get over it. They can't get the concept that "just one slice" is one slice of calories I'll need to burn off, and eating it just creates more work for me than I feel like putting myself through! By this time, I resent the cake, and any feelings I once harbored about wanting to even try the cake has turned into a bitter hatred for this mind controlling cake that turns people into raving lunatics. Also I had a high calorie meal to try and curb my cravings. I think my body just wanted it, and I chalked today up to my first cheat day of the program.

Exericse: Again: So I get home at 8pm, and I have a choice. Pussy out or do Plyo. I rocked that motherfucker. And it SUUUCKED. But I did it. And now I am 10% of the way done with the program.

I've decided to at least keep track of snacks cals. Got some 100 cal snacks and some stuff with some fiber, the lack of which is killing me. I don't want to keep track lunch and dinner especially when there is little variation on those meals. If i want to have a pizza I'll enjoy it properly... its not like I have em all the time. Yesterday had a ~250cal breakfast (knew that only cause it was right on the box, yes box :\), 3x100 cal snacks which put me at 500 total for the day. Then went out walking for a mile with the dogs in 95 degree heat. Had a thing of soup for lunch at 7pm ish. Had a very small frozen cheese pizza for dinner for a change of pace. Did two more miles on the treadmill at 1-2am ish, at ~300 burned total (500-300=200 total for snacks). Had some fiber snacks. I want to feel full when I eat, if fiber does that, fiber is what I'll go for. Thats 8 miles in 3 days. Next football game isn't until tuesday so I got today and sunday to possibly walk 15 miles in a week at 2.5 mph.

First of all, I'm thrilled to see everyone taking to a healthy road. It makes me feel good to know I'm not alone in trying to be healthy (Obviously Su is right with me too, but still...)

Alright, I know I harp on it, but guys, I haven't run in 2 weeks, and even then I could barely eek out 1.5 miles. I just ran a 5K in 32 minutes EASILY*, and I'm more flexible than I've felt in a long time. I could've kept going. P90X really truely works. I feel incredible and I'm only 10% through the program.

*I've been doing 5K races for 3 years now every October, but I only "train" for it in September, so I'm used to running them, but I haven't done so in a long, long time. It felt good to do it again and barely be winded. The last one I did, I was sucking air at the end.

After week two, I was down to 188.6 That means I dropped exactly 8 pounds in 2 weeks on P90X. As a note, I'm probably closer to averaging 2100 calories per day than 1800 in week two, as I'm adding a few extra carb and fat calories to the diet. If I can nail down my eating again, I should see even better results. I'm back on track today. For those keeping track, I lost 6.4 pounds week 1, and 1.6 pounds week 2. I'm not overly shocked, as I know I dropped a HUGE amount of weight in week 1. I'm hoping for 3 pounds this "final" week before recovery. Subsequently, I scheduled to have my wisdom teeth removed my final day of this weeks exercise, so I'm going to either delay the program for a few days, or skip some of the recovery weeks workouts.

I started week 3 yesterday, and skipped Ab Ripper X in leiu of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup. Today, I blew off my trainer to complete Plyometrics. And since I don't want to half ass this program, I did ab ripper X afterwards. Now I know why they don't have it on Plyo days. I was literally moaning in (good) pain during Ab Ripper X. The only reason I look forward to that workout is the intro, where Tony says "Ab Ripper X. I HATE it... but I LOVE it." Ended the day burning 800 calories, which brings me to 2200 for the week so far, including 600 I did for cardio at the gym in place of Kempo X.

On a side note, between 185 and 188 has been my weight loss wall for 2 years now. I am up against it again, but I feel like I can break through this time. On another progress report, I was actually able to get the first knuckles of my fingers on the floor of a hamstring stretch. I have NEVER been able to do that.

Looking forward to phase 2, I was hoping this would be the last time I'd see plyo for a while. Nope, it's back in the next round. FFFUUUUU... oh well.

So if anyone's interested I just completed Day 56, which completes round 2. Did not lose much weight during this phase, but I did bounce around a little, so that's fine. I shrank down to 185.8 and 25% BF. I think I will likely cut more weight on the third phase of the program. Hopefully, another 10-15 pounds before Progpower.

Good luck! My weight loss has slowed pretty significantly as I approach my goal weight. These last 5-6 lbs are proving challenging. I need to refocus on a little more dietary discipline.

I've completed the goal of 120 miles for the PPUSA Friday Ticket... it only took me about the majority of the year. Working on 20 miles for the Seven Kingdoms - Raleigh, NC show and am about half way done with that, then I'll work on the PPUSA Saturday show.. I'll probably be a bit late on the deadline (the week of the festival for me) but another 120 miles will get done. Thank goodness for winning the thursday ticket.

Total # of miles walked since last August: 300 miles and that # would be a lot higher if I had more free time in the afternoon last semester.