Gym advice

I didn't read all of this but I saw 'I want to just get cut etc. etc. so I'm blah blah' at least once. None of that is a real thing. You either lift for strength or hypertrophy.

You aren't going to build cute little 90's small wimp muscles or something by doing 'low weight, high reps'.

If you are currently building muscles, do heavy compound exercises and eat as much as you possibly can and than eat some more.

If you are cutting, do the same thing but eat less and do more cardio.

If you are just trying to get bigger while minimizing fat gain (no reason for this though, unless you have some height/weight standard you have to meet ala the Military), than do the first option, but eat healthier options and than stop when you are full or a little more than full instead of stuffing your face relentlessly.

Either way I can almost guarantee you are not eating enough. My last workout notebook had 'EAT MORE FOOD' written in huge letters on the front.

Ilh3Y.jpeg

Walter white

Doomsniffah, i'm thinking of starting legs, not go crazy heavy but get some toning I guess, what would you recommend? And i'm thinking maybe do it just on the weekend, I wanna start swimming on the weekends as well to take a break from lifting, is once a week enough? Give thy some advice!

Once a week pertaining to what exactly?

Squats, squats, and squat some more. Practice your form and make sure you go low enough. Don't be one of them 1/4 squat idiots I see all the time thinking they are actually getting something done.

Once a week pertaining to what exactly?

Squats, squats, and squat some more. Practice your form and make sure you go low enough. Don't be one of them 1/4 squat idiots I see all the time thinking they are actually getting something done.

Once a week actually strength training legs and i'll probably run 2-3 times a week if not more, think i'll be sexy?

Is half reps of 135 lbs the new get big quick angle? I just came back from the gymnasium, where I witnessed several dudes half rep (being generous) 135 lbs as they huffed and puffed before my bewildered gape. These weren't small dudes who were trying this as a method to increase their overall strength. Half reps can be useful if done once in a fucking lifetime, but this was the staple of their workout routine. I then turn around to see a dude with glamor muscles pumping out 60 repetitions of 1inch pushups. At a point it was just his head bobbing up and down like one of those wooden birdies that Aurel had back on his work desk in Romania to tell time. I turn 90 degrees, and what do I see, a dunce churning out a set up 20 pull ups. There was no full range of motion being executed, simply going three inches from the top to the top, all neck. Good goat, work out properly, or don't work out at all.

At a point it was just his head bobbing up and down like one of those wooden birdies that Aurel had back on his work desk in Romania to tell time.

:lol:

Depending on the exercise, quarter or half reps at the end your final set is a great way to up the intensity and get deeper into the muscle but yea, you see ppl doing this shit as there basic movement schemes.

I don't know how you guys do it all regular and stuff. I used to but it was an adjunct to all the sports I played. Now....I can barely drag myself to the gym to lift more than once a week :lol:

Today the quarter rep was displayed by two nancies on the smith machine. Dudes load up one plate on each side, squat literally 4 inches down and back up to lock position. Uhhhhh go all the way down you fucking pussies! I don't care if you have 5lbs on the damn rack, go all the way down. Commercial gyms make me wince, nothing but douchebags with 24 inch pythons and 13 inch thighs.

Legs are my favorite days. I feel like it's a great work out. Gyme people weird me out.

I got an ace home gym set up at my family's residence (just 4 miles down the road), but to hit my back and do cardio, I have to tolerate being surrounded by papi chulos, cholos, and general low common denominator filth. I spent 5 mins waiting for a dude to pick out which flavored protein shake he methodically wished to quaff. Hurry the fuck up, or step aside, no goat damn sense of awareness or common courtesy being exhibited at these fitness centers. "Uhh herm, let me leave my towel and gym bag on X machine, waltz down to the other end of the free weights area whilst visually checking out my nitric oxide promoted pump, and sit on Y machine for 5 minutes grunting like Monoxide Child trying to take a pair of size 5 high heels off his 200lb Cosplay sex pal." FOAD.

Five weeks later, I have....

- Increased my bench by nearly 40lbs
- Lost about 8lbs of chubbiness (though my actual weight hasn't gone down much at all, due to the fact that....)
- ....my arms and pecs actually bulge now when I flex
- Increased my ability to complete everyday tasks without sweating my balls off
- Improved my diet immensely (I don't want to ruin my workout by eating shitty food)
- And, most importantly, increased my confidence with the ladies

As far as the drinking thing goes, I *have* gotten toasted a couple of times, but those were sorta special occasions in which I would have been dumb not to (NYC, camping, etc.). Moderation is where it's at, my friends!