Getting ready for PP?

Hm....
Camera batteries: Check them before you leave if you're bringing a non-disposable film camera so you don't have to pick them up in the airport or go around searching stores at the last minute.

As for clothes, I purchased a shirt recently that I know I'll be wearing one night. Friday I might do the same thing I did last year where I wear a shirt for a band I hope gets announced (it worked for Orphaned Land). Only thing is that I don't have any shirts for bands that'd be making US debuts.

Some people just don't seem to get all the symptoms. *shrug* Glad it is all okay now though!

Good to know someone else has been through something pretty similar. And while this sucks, I'm also glad it's not specifically my back giving me trouble as the last thing I want is to start having reoccurring back problems.

I am sooooo ready for ProgPower it can't get here soon enough! Unfortunately I have to miss the mid-week mayhem and showcase this year (although I have tickets) because I just started a new job in June and don't have the vacation time accrued. My new company is awesome however and more importantly my boss is allowing me to take Friday off so that I don't have to miss the whole festival. How cool is she? (She actually was going to let me take Thursday as well, but I have a training class that I cannot miss.) Anyway, I'm very much looking to touch down in Atlanta and being around great friends and great music once again!

Let's see

Plane Tickets - check
Hotel - check
event tickets - check
money - check
Kilt - check
packed - mostly
Dr Scholl's inserts - check 3 pair
Wheelchair at airport - That is Metal Roses' job

Hm....
Camera batteries: Check them before you leave if you're bringing a non-disposable film camera so you don't have to pick them up in the airport or go around searching stores at the last minute.

Yep, I actually bought an extra camera battery and a spare charger on eBay for just this reason. (Well, actually, for Dragon*Con the weekend before, but the principle is the same. :) )

Event tickets: check, check, and check.
cellphone charger: check. <--- amazing how often people forget these
Lanyard: check.
"Evil" metal boots: check.
"Evil" metal belt: check.
Leather armor with embossed chaos symbol: check. (Not sure I'll wear it, though :))
Earplugs: check.
Hotel reservation: hopefully not cancelled :ill:

some say it doesn't work but it has worked for me in the past:

A healthy dose of AIRBORNE before boarding the plane. Of the people who've taken vacation recently they all came back sick.

I've taken it daily at past pp's and never came home sick.

I plan on bringing Airborne with me to take before each night of the festival. I caught the ProgPower Plague last year, and never want to go through that again. And I know who got me sick, too. I made sure to give her hell about it. :D

I'm not planning on doing anything significant touristy this year. Last year, it was the High Museum, Georgia Aquarium and World of Coke. This year, just the museum as the goal is just to unwind and enjoy PPX. Thursday to Sunday!

I've been diagnosed with gout since the last PP, so that's another potential issue I'll have to address.

Damn - that sucks! I have been doing some reading on anti-inflammatory food plans, and it mentions that people with gout should avoid a long list of foods: alcohol, anchovies, sardines in oil, fish roes, herring, yeast, red meat, organ meats, legumes, consomme, gravies, mushrooms, spinach, asparagus, and cauliflower. Of course, feel free to take this with a grain of salt...just no fish roes. :)

I plan on bringing Airborne with me to take before each night of the festival.

A co-worker gave me this tip…don’t know if there’s anything to it, or if it’s total bunk. She said her doctor told her to coat the inside of her nose with Neosporin, as it will kill the germs before you can inhale them. I was pretty convinced it was B.S., but when I went to Europe this summer, I brought a small tube of Neosporin and packed it in my clear baggie. While waiting for the flight to board, a woman sat down a few seats from me and started coughing like she was gonna hack up a lung. I immediately went to the bathroom and emptied the contents of the Neosporin tube up my nose. :lol: I eventually picked up a cold, but it was later in the trip, and I suspect I got it from a couple of folks on my tour bus who were sick.

I've lost 40 lbs since last year. I started practicing vegetarianism and eating very healthy. I feel so much better and I will be able to rock out more this year!

Good for you! I have thought about heading down the vegetarian path, but I’m concerned about getting enough protein. That and the fact that I really enjoy a cheeseburger every now and then! :erk:

That and the fact that I really enjoy a cheeseburger every now and then! :erk:

That's why I don't think I can ever be a vegetarian! :lol: In fact, I had some burgers cooked on the back deck grill tonight.

Seriously - I try to eat healthy, but sometimes I do fall off the wagon, so to speak. I just need to stay away from junk food and I'll be fine. I think people eat too much sometimes because they're either bored or they're stressed. I think I've eaten under those circumstances too many times to count.

That - and Front Page News serves good food. Yum! :)

Ditto on the inablity to be a vegetarian. I love meat way too much.

However, I did cut desserts out of my diet completely. Oddly enough, once I got past the initial "OMG I NEED SWEET!" I find I do really well without now. I'm down 5 lbs. :)

Damn - that sucks! I have been doing some reading on anti-inflammatory food plans, and it mentions that people with gout should avoid a long list of foods: alcohol, anchovies, sardines in oil, fish roes, herring, yeast,

okay so far.....

red meat,

Uh-oh. :erk: (But I've cut out steak almost entirely and cut back a lot on beef...grudgingly!)

organ meats, legumes, consomme, gravies, mushrooms, spinach, asparagus, and cauliflower.

Mushrooms and asparagus? I don't have the latter too often but...mushrooms? Really? :cry:

Of course, feel free to take this with a grain of salt...just no fish roes. :)

Aww shucks. Roe is me. :)

Good for you! I have thought about heading down the vegetarian path, but I&#8217;m concerned about getting enough protein. That and the fact that I really enjoy a cheeseburger every now and then! :erk:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! The great thing about it was that I HAD to learn more about nutrition and what foods to eat to get the right amount of nutrients. So in the end, it was totally worth it. It was easy for me though because I did not really eat any red meat, just lots of chicken and the occasional beef jerky...i do miss that.

I just spent a three day "power" weekend in Vegas. Walked at least 20 miles all together, stood for about 5 hours (2 of the those were at the Dream Theater show) and have drank until I can drink no more. About the only thing I'm ready for is bed. I have 9 days to regroup! :p

I do pilates no matter what... and make sure that I don't take uncomfortable shoes with me...just flip flops and wedges for me thank you very much.

Good for you! I have thought about heading down the vegetarian path, but I’m concerned about getting enough protein. That and the fact that I really enjoy a cheeseburger every now and then! :erk:

Thanks! The great thing about it was that I HAD to learn more about nutrition and what foods to eat to get the right amount of nutrients. So in the end, it was totally worth it. It was easy for me though because I did not really eat any red meat, just lots of chicken and the occasional beef jerky...i do miss that.[/QUOTE]

I've been a vegetarian for years... there are so many yummy products in the market nowdays that you would not miss meat much... morningtar makes the best and "tofurkey" is the yummiest thing ever. There is a lot of ways to supplement protein, just research what works best for you. Plus red meat is the worst thing that you can eat... people who eat a lot of eat tend to get heart desease, much increased chances if you are a woman. Recent study.

I just spent a three day "power" weekend in Vegas. Walked at least 20 miles all together, stood for about 5 hours (2 of the those were at the Dream Theater show) and have drank until I can drink no more. About the only thing I'm ready for is bed. I have 9 days to regroup! :p

DT were so awesome yesterday! Saw them at the Greek in LA :)

Ditto on the inablity to be a vegetarian. I love meat way too much.

However, I did cut desserts out of my diet completely. Oddly enough, once I got past the initial "OMG I NEED SWEET!" I find I do really well without now. I'm down 5 lbs. :)

I did the same thing. I cut out all sugars except for natural sugars found in fruit and lost lbs too. Also went as far as minimizing with white flour (brown pastas, brown rice, whole wheat..etc.) and limiting how much meat I eat. While next week may be a challenge, I am on vacation so I will allow myself a few bad things. :err:

I did the same thing. I cut out all sugars except for natural sugars found in fruit and lost lbs too. Also went as far as minimizing with white flour (brown pastas, brown rice, whole wheat..etc.) and limiting how much meat I eat. While next week may be a challenge, I am on vacation so I will allow myself a few bad things. :err:

Yeah, I think ProgPower will gain back that 5lbs I lost. Or it might not! I do a lot of walking when I go to ProgPower.