So for those of you not on Facebook, I'm doing P90X

I've been doing P90X as well. Just starting phase 3 next week. I'm used to working out, I just needed to switch things up and get out of my "comfort zone". I'm really liking the Plyo-X, Core synergy, and yoga (although 90 minutes seems like forever). The ab Ripper is intense, but I'm almost able to get through the whole disc without breaks now! I'm not so concerned with the diet portion since I'm looking to tone up and not so much to lose weight, I follow it about 80-90 % and I include cheat meals. From what I hear, to achieve the results that you see in the infomercial, you need to go through the 90 day cycle 3 times. Good luck!

P.S. Su, you ALWAYS look great! ;)

As someone who once lost (and has managed to keep off) 60lbs, I can definitely agree with Su on the "lifestyle change". For me, it means not eating bread, sugar, potatoes, rice or any other starchy stuff about 90% of the time. That stuff is a treat for me. I'd really love to try P90X, but I never have enough time in the day to dedicate myself to a decent workout that often. :(

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good pullup bar/alternative? I'd rather not deal with anything that I have to screw into my doorframe since I live in an apartment, but the one I bought a little while back (Iron Gym?) doesn't fit into my current door and didn't at my last place either. It's good for inclined pushups so it wasn't a total waste of $$$, but I'd still like to get a pullup bar somewhere.

As someone who once lost (and has managed to keep off) 60lbs, I can definitely agree with Su on the "lifestyle change". For me, it means not eating bread, sugar, potatoes, rice or any other starchy stuff about 90% of the time. That stuff is a treat for me. I'd really love to try P90X, but I never have enough time in the day to dedicate myself to a decent workout that often. :(

i tried to eat some potatoes the other day and damned if they didn't make me a bit sick to my stomach...and i'm Irish, so that's crazy talk!
i will still eat fries on occasion but not as often; brown rice instead of white; wheat or rye ALWAYS instead of white bread...i can rock out with a baked sweet potato, too
little changes = BIG difference for me...

but like i have learned and am trying to teach my friends: what works for me isn't necessarily going to work for you. each body is different - your needs aren't the same as mine; your body isn't going to burn the same as mine

so for me, my version of kickboxing and Brazilian jiujitsu work outs are working for me...but they aren't necessarily going to work for anyone else. i also like to change it up and add in more weights some weeks and more walking outside others...

again - this is my lifestyle and i'm loving it :)

@MattBrood - love you too!!! xxx

My basic meal plan as a very picky eater:

Breakfast - sasusage/egg/cheese biscuit.. breakfast is usually not an issue as far as what I can/can't eat but this is what I usually do cause its simple and I'm not a morning person

Lunch - a simple ham/cheese etc sandwhich usually.

Dinner - this is the tricky one. its usually a variation on two or three meals. I don't eat most meats and don't eat fish and I don't do veggies/fruits except for maybe two-three (give or take) things from each group. I personally just can't stand the texture... like we're cool in the spice department (onion example)but I can't stand the textures.

weight update: according to my doctor's scale, today i weighed in 13lbs down from 6months ago
according to my home scale, i'm down 5lbs
i like the doc's scale today :)

Day 6

Exercise: Kempo X day. Sorry, Tony, Kempo X is a pussy workout. Would rather do cardio at the gym. End of the day rolled around, I'd eaten half the food I'd packed because work was so fucking busy. Fuck it. I have no energy, this week has wiped me out. I'm going to go get a haircut and work on some photos from the IDLE RED CD Release party. It's all good, I suppose, Tuesday is supposed to be rest/X-Stretch, but I have a trainer date. I feel fine skipping Kempo for rest instead. Today I train, tomorrow I start week 2.

Eating: Like I said, I didn't eat enough. Only got in about 3/4 by the end of the day what the program recommended. Blargh. Finished dinner at 8, had a protein shake at 9:30. Went to bed at 11, tossed and turned until 2am. BLARGH.

Weekly tally: Today should've been my rest day, so I took it upon myself for a final weight tally this morning: 192.4/27%. That brings me down 4.2 pounds and 1% body fat. I don't necessarily trust the BF measurement on my scale, but being down 4.2 pounds feels good. I'd say I got those results on a week one where I went, on average about 85% in the workouts (not having a pullup bar and only 10lb dumbells.) and about 85% with eating. I'm ok with losing 4 pounds in one week.

Day 6

Exercise: Kempo X day. Sorry, Tony, Kempo X is a pussy workout. Would rather do cardio at the gym. End of the day rolled around, I'd eaten half the food I'd packed because work was so fucking busy. Fuck it. I have no energy, this week has wiped me out. I'm going to go get a haircut and work on some photos from the IDLE RED CD Release party. It's all good, I suppose, Tuesday is supposed to be rest/X-Stretch, but I have a trainer date. I feel fine skipping Kempo for rest instead. Today I train, tomorrow I start week 2.

Eating: Like I said, I didn't eat enough. Only got in about 3/4 by the end of the day what the program recommended. Blargh. Finished dinner at 8, had a protein shake at 9:30. Went to bed at 11, tossed and turned until 2am. BLARGH.

Weekly tally: Today should've been my rest day, so I took it upon myself for a final weight tally this morning: 192.4/27%. That brings me down 4.2 pounds and 1% body fat. I don't necessarily trust the BF measurement on my scale, but being down 4.2 pounds feels good. I'd say I got those results on a week one where I went, on average about 85% in the workouts (not having a pullup bar and only 10lb dumbells.) and about 85% with eating. I'm ok with losing 4 pounds in one week.

that late-evening protein shake...been there, done that - won't be doing that again. i had the same type of sleep the last time i did the 9:30pm shake of doom

but w00t on the loss!! go you!!

Ive made a deal with the parents that for every mile that I walk I get .50 cents.

Damn - I wish I had been able to con my parents into this concept in the summers of '83 or '84. Those were 1200 mile summers each for me. (Cross Country training - 100+ mile weeks in the Georgia heat)

yay to you!

Good on ya! This past Saturday I weighed myself and I was below 160 for the first time in... a long time.

Then I realized I had been moving boxes up and down 3 flights of stairs in an un-air-conditioned house for 7 hours without eating and not drinking enough water. Once I rehydrated, I was almost back to normal.

But I definitely recommend the moving two houses in a heatwave weight loss plan. You are too tired to eat, the core workout is AMAZING, and it has the same muscle confusion as P90X.

Su - you are showing amazing willpower... my workouts have been due to necessity and survival!

weight update: according to my doctor's scale, today i weighed in 13lbs down from 6months ago
according to my home scale, i'm down 5lbs
i like the doc's scale today :)

I always use scales as relative rather than absolute values.

I wish I had the time to work out like you guys. Having a 5 year old makes it tough to find the time to do a 30 minute run. That being said, being somewhat broke is good for my waistline, since I don't go out to eat as often.

I might start up EA Sports 2 on my PS3 if I find the time. I used the first one for the Wii and it gave a surprisingly vigorous workout.

Keep it up Pat! I've lost 24lbs and 6.5% body fat 1.66 times through. I'm on week 9 using P90x plus. I agree with you about the kenpo workout in the first one. They vastly improved the kenpo in the plus program. My goal with this round is to cut, not so much on bulking up. I will try and add muscle mass on the third go. As for the diet, I figured out carbs are the key. Keeping those to a minimum is extremely important, at least for me.