Ghost of Perdition

Hindu

Dec 31, 2005
I think this is as far as Opeth can go. I don't see how they could write something better. This song captures everything i like about this band. And i don't think it's humanly possible to come up with something better in the next album or in the future...

If GoP is not on that DVD it would be absolute outrage!
:Smokin:

Personally, I like Ghost of Perdition, it is an excellent song. However, I think it is topped by Harlequin Forest and the Baying of the Hounds. BWP (the song), also has elements that GoP lacks, for me at least.

GOP will be on the dvd...im sure of that, I hope Harlequin Forest is as well.
Still cannot wait til the arrival of the new DVD.
Imagine: White Cluster, Face Of Melinda, Demon of The Fall, When, ETC all on one dvd *bonerrific*

Ghost Of Perdition is indeed insanely great. But like most of Opeth's songs, it doesn't have a big instrumental section, which is something they should do more of (at least that's what I think). The intro of To Bid You Farewell is a great example, as is the acoustic breakdown of Blackwater Park, but most Opeth-songs doesn't seem to have many instrumental breaks apart from the solos.

There is a better Opeth song. It is very close to Ghost of Perdition, in fact it's the song that comes right after it.
If you ask me, The Baying of the Hounds is Opeth's creative pinnacle. I believe they can top it, however. Opeth never cease to amaze.

The thing that so great about Baying is that it's not trying to top GOP or anything, it just has a different feel. More of a rocker, kinda, whereas GOP is more epic. And that's a good. Variation is important.

Not as many changes? I think it's one of Opeth's most random songs. It's still sweet though. Probably my favorite off of Ghost Reveries.

Not as many changes? I think it's one of Opeth's most random songs. It's still sweet though. Probably my favorite off of Ghost Reveries.

Not as many atmospheric changes. It does have many changes, but the mood and overall feel of the song doesn't twist and rise or lower as much as other songs, imho.

Oh, I love it. The intro bugged me for the longest time, but the rest of it is beautiful. I just love this line "To see a beloved son in despair of what's to come..." and then that insanely lush heavy part. It's so excellent.
I'm gonna watch it live on Youtube right now.

Personally I prefer BWP to both Baying and Ghost. That scream at the end is just SO FUCKING COOL.

Personally, I think the best thing they have ever written is that epic transition in The Baying Of The Hounds. I very, very rarely get goosebumps by music, but that part has given me goosebumps every time I hear it. The first time I heard it I nearly cried, and I was not stoned.

Personally, I think the best thing they have ever written is that epic transition in The Baying Of The Hounds. I very, very rarely get goosebumps by music, but that part has given me goosebumps every time I hear it. The first time I heard it I nearly cried, and I was not stoned.

You should loosen up some....I get goose bumps from music all the time..I would not be so enthralled with it otherwise.... and it often make me cry too...big fuckin' deal!!!t