Ghost Reveries or Still Life.

Ghost Reveries or Still Life?

• Ghost Reveries

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Still Life

Votes: 102 75.0%

• Total voters
Their top two albums are Still Life and My Arms, Your Hearse. Other people may have personal favorites, but that is purely subjective. Nothing else they have done approaches these two albums musically, lyrically or thematically.

I would probably place Ghost Reveries around the middle somewhere. I think it's better than Orchid and Morningrise, but not better than Blackwater Park or Damnation or Deliverance. (So, I would rank it 6th out of 8).

It's still a great album, and I regularly listen to it.

wwallinga said:
Their top two albums are Still Life and My Arms, Your Hearse. Other people may have personal favorites, but that is purely subjective. Nothing else they have done approaches these two albums musically, lyrically or thematically.

TBH i personally don't see how it could be GR when it's out of that and Still Life. For me it's just blatant, even if you don't like the music, which album is superior in EVERY respect.

Ok, you picked the (usual) favorite, classic album (around here it seems), and put it up against the new guy? What do you expect?

For me it's probably pretty close, because SL is not one of my favorites. So it's too close to tell.

(edited, because while I love my signature, other people's big signatures annoy the shit out of me when I see it too much, so I'm trying not to overexpose it.)

Simply different but both great.
GR is much more grown up and prejudice free.
SL is SL, it's been made already.
Would you like Opeth to use the same formula and become a stagnant band?

Right now, I'd have to say "Ghost Reveries" becuase it's new and I am really digging it at the moment, but "Still Life" is brilliant, no doubt.

I think every aspect of Still life is better, the guitar riffs especially. The feel of that album is so damn perfect, its pure Opeth. And the two ballads on that album kick the ballads on GR.

GR is prolly my least fav of all the albums actually, not that I dont like it.