Gig thread

I want to upload it onto my mobile for the ringtone , actually dug the blast beat section towards the end for the instrumental part , thats pretty good for a quick tab man , well done .

I only tabbed out the rhythm guitar for the tab because we are only Vocals, Guitar + Drums, so for our version thats somewhat how it would sound.

If you are keen for it on your ringtone, i can go back and do it properly with all the keys and lead guitars if you want, obviously its not going to be 100% correct though. :)

darkerhalfbanner21.jpg

This Fri people!!!:headbang:

Best... bar fight... EVER!

Best... bar fight... EVER!

You got that right!
For those who weren't there, the public bar at the front of the venue had a birthday party or some funtion whilst the Metal gig was out back.Halfway through the night the public bar got restless and an all in free for all brawl involving chairs and tables flying over the bar and over heads ensured.
The police showed up and shut the front part of the club down whilst out back the bands played on.The Metal crowd had nothing to do with this and again shows that we are a very misunderstood breed whilst mr "joe collared shirt regular" often turns out after a few drinks to be one nasty motherfucker!:lol:
Good night though. The bands slayed and DARKER HALF as usual killed it! The dicks out front may have wrecked the pub but DH truly slaughtered your whole tooooooooooooooooooooooown!!!:headbang:
P.s. Special acknowledgement to Ferret for his falling off the wagon hard and also to Watto for (whilst completely sober) proceeded to pay for a LYCANTHIA flyer from the Merch desk for $1.70 i think it was.They are good flyers though.::lol:

Yes the bar fight, I was at the bar watching the whole thing man it was epic the lewisham is stupid for only having one bouncer on the door. It was good that none of the drug fucked clubbing wankers turned on any of the metalheads, they were throwing chairs at the bar staff though. There was only a couple of blokes actually going toe to toe the rest were punching everyone in the back of the head or throwing the stools. The plus side of the fight it was very entertaining and it stopped that shit house doof doof dj in the other room. The funniest thing was a bloke that got stabbed in the eye with one of the legs of a bar stool, whilst giving a statement to the cops holding his eye which was pissing out blood stops and goes to ferret "OI ET" puts on et's voice and points to his eye "oouuuuccchhh" "oooouuucccchhh" starts laughing and goes can you heal me brother. Ferrets response wa wamp :lol:

I was totally oblivious to the main bar fight....saw pt 1 happening that pretty much led to nothing outside.
Anyway....was a good night (even though i was as sick as a dog).....darker half rocked....the mrs pulled some cash out of the pokie machine on her first ever go...that covered the hotel bill. Been asleep ever since.

This Saturday, 5th April!
The Ca-ca-yeah Trail begins at the Lansdowne where Bremner will be belting out some ear-melting brutality with This World.
Rock your socks off, grab a $5 steak then head over to The Harp for a climax with Nevetherym and Leichotica.

An awesome night for local metal :kickass:
No Whitesnake or Duran Duran that weekend so there's no excuses!

This Saturday, 5th April!
The Ca-ca-yeah Trail begins at the Lansdowne where Bremner will be belting out some ear-melting brutality with This World.
Rock your socks off, grab a $5 steak then head over to The Harp for a climax with Nevetherym and Leichotica.

An awesome night for local metal :kickass:
No Whitesnake or Duran Duran that weekend so there's no excuses!

Look forward to your stampede sometime during the night.
Can't promise any bar room brawls this time. In fact i hope to definately avoid those again.:)

Look forward to your stampede sometime during the night.
This World didn't end up playing until a lot later than Watto and I expected which was a bugger as I still haven't seen Leichotica or Nevetherym live yet :( I think it's probably a good thing for all that we saved the brunt of our stampede for the city instead of The Harp though.

I'm still undecided whether to hit this gig or chill until the ANZAC Day long weekend but at $8 and with 3 of the 4 bands on the bill being rather cool cucumbers (no idea who Erebus Enthroned are?) I'm definitely tempted.

sarahsflyer.jpg

This World didn't end up playing until a lot later than Watto and I expected which was a bugger as I still haven't seen Leichotica or Nevetherym live yet :( I think it's probably a good thing for all that we saved the brunt of our stampede for the city instead of The Harp though.

I'm still undecided whether to hit this gig or chill until the ANZAC Day long weekend but at $8 and with 3 of the 4 bands on the bill being rather cool cucumbers (no idea who Erebus Enthroned are?) I'm definitely tempted.

sarahsflyer.jpg

If our German alter ego's stayed at the harp we probably would have lost another venue yes. I probably wouldn't have down drunken climbing falling 5 meters smashing my head something fierce there. Or you wouldn't of nearly lost a limb trying to catch a moving frieght train:lol: The gig looks good ive got next Monday off so me's thinks I shall be in attendance

sarahsflyer.jpg

First i've seen of the flyer but please note the bands are advertised in alphebetical order for some reason on it.The actual playing order is (from headline to opener)
DARKER HALF
LYCANTHIA
SWORD TOWARD SELF
EREBUS ENTHRONED

EE are a new black metal act i've never heard of.My involvement with this show is purely cause of DARKER HALF and LYCANTHIA but somehow i made co promoter!:lol:
This is a showcase gig for the venue to film and display on their website as well as allowing the bands to use the recording(pro footage for free) for their own needs to.
I know its a Sunday but hope we can get some good support down there for at least DH and LYCANTHIA! You may even get your mug filmed.

First i've seen of the flyer but please note the bands are advertised in alphebetical order for some reason on it.The actual playing order is (from headline to opener)
DARKER HALF
LYCANTHIA
SWORD TOWARD SELF
EREBUS ENTHRONED

EE are a new black metal act i've never heard of.My involvement with this show is purely cause of DARKER HALF and LYCANTHIA but somehow i made co promoter!:lol:
This is a showcase gig for the venue to film and display on their website as well as allowing the bands to use the recording(pro footage for free) for their own needs to.
I know its a Sunday but hope we can get some good support down there for at least DH and LYCANTHIA! You may even get your mug filmed.

Sword Toward Self said:
We regret to announce that due to the venue failing/refusing to cancel their blues jam (!) neither STS nor our compatriots in Darker Half, Lycanthia or Erebus Enthroned will be performing at the Bald Faced Stag this Sunday. This was totally out of both the bands' and promoter's control.

We apologise for the inconvenience and hope the venue gets their act together soon.

Our next gig is at the Slaughter at the Lewisham all-day festival on 10 May. More details closer to the date.

Regards
Dan

Bit of a bugger... and hopefully not a reflection of the venue's attitude towards metal in general.