Gig thread

Funny thing is, when I had him in the car listening to Systematic Chaos he was creaming his pants non stop for the first three tracks. :p I shudder to think how my seats would've ended up if I were playing Blind Guardian.

Out of curiousity... what Dream Theater have you actually listened to Stormster? Not attacking you or anything, just curious?

Six degrees of inner turbulence, systematic chaos and train of thought. The only thing i liked off train of thought that stood out was "as i am", i like the first half of the new album, and i like a couple of songs off 6 degrees. Like im not having a go for other liking them, i just like something catchy within a song, something similar. A lot of Dream theater is like, a 10 minute song where the same tune isn't repeated twice. Some people like that, but like i said i want something that has something there for me to grab on to. It really hard to explain for me. They're good, just not really my thing. They're talented though, dont fucking deny that.

Fuck me dead, there's your problem, go back a few more albums before Train of Thought. Are you a muso Stormster? Because that dramatically affects appreciation for many people in regards to prog music.

Seriously they're good but fucking hell, theres nothing there to hang on to for me.

I know what you mean, mate.

I'm more annoyed that the best LaBrie has ever sounded was as ME on Ayreon's The Human Equation.
Nothing that DT has done vocally can really equal that effort.
Mores the pity really -knowing that he is that good yet doesn't seem to push himself to that point (note: have yet to hear all of the latest album, so may be wrong on that last point).

He kicks arse on Systematic Chaos, and "Score" is the first live album I've heard where he actually sounds good and I don't wish Lande or Tate sang instead. He took his sweet time but he's finally peaking.

Did you ever hear him on Mullmuzzler? Also awesome vocal performances.

Or "When Dream And Day Unite"... it's a lot more thrashy and doesn't have any shit songs on it as opposed to Images ("Another Day" and "Surrounded" = fail). If even a black metal snob cunt like Ben can get into WDADU it must be good :p

Train of Thought is a meh album, some cool riffs but my god the solos bore me to tears. The only good album with Jordan Rudass is Scenes, he is an amazing musician. But Dream Theater just don't have the same magic they had when Kevin Moore was in the band.

you can't really attribute that to moore though...i think it's more that the early 90s were when they peaked is all

Train of Thought is a meh album, some cool riffs but my god the solos bore me to tears. The only good album with Jordan Rudass is Scenes, he is an amazing musician. But Dream Theater just don't have the same magic they had when Kevin Moore was in the band.

Not even a fan of his work on the bulk of Octavarium? :OMG:

He kicks arse on Systematic Chaos, and "Score" is the first live album I've heard where he actually sounds good and I don't wish Lande or Tate sang instead. He took his sweet time but he's finally peaking.

Did you ever hear him on Mullmuzzler? Also awesome vocal performances.
He is awesome on Score. It took a hell of a long time for him to recover from his voice problems and it must have been incredibly depressing to go out there night after night and know you are going to suck.

It's great to see his back on his feet though. I used to say that I'd like Dream Theater more with say Russell Allen or someone, but Labrie really grows on you and is definitely an extremely important part of their sound.

Stormy: You need to learn how to research bands! Although a lot of DT fans like the albums you've heard, they aren't really the classic albums that you should hear before you define an opinion.

Images and Words and Awake are great albums. Excellent songwriting(yes the Chorus generally repeats more than once!) with clever and tasteful musicianship.

you can't really attribute that to moore though...i think it's more that the early 90s were when they peaked is all

Moore made nicer melodies in the keyboards, and non of that stupid rag time crap, mixed with some circus music. IT really annoys the crap out of me when they let Jordan do that stuff.

I don't think you can really have an informed opinion on the topic until you hear more of the band.

Stormster said:
Six degrees of inner turbulence, systematic chaos and train of thought.
And apparently from what you have listened to by DT, you would never have even heard Moore.