Gigantour announced!

Evil C.

Jan 19, 2003
houston, tx
Visit site
Gigantour is back.

The fast and furious traveling festival that was hailed last year by Revolver magazine as "the mother of all shred fests" will kick off its second year in early September.

Look for the tour — the brainchild of MEGADETH frontman Dave Mustaine — to launch in the Northeast and to work its way through 25 major markets before wrapping in mid-October, with Xbox's "Gears of War" sponsoring the trek. MEGADETH will return as the festival headliner on a bill that includes fellow heavy-hitters LAMB OF GOD, plus OPETH, ARCH ENEMY, OVERKILL, INTO ETERNITY, SANCTITY and THE SMASHUP all confirmed for these mostly outdoor shows. Other second stage artists will be announced soon.

I will definitely be checking that out if they can get a date scheduled anywhere remotely near me. Right now the closest is 2 states away. But I do see some holes in the schedule so I remain hopeful.

Demonic Nosehairs, I see some Australian dates announced for Gigantour including one in Melbourne. Still nothing closer to me than about 7 hours away, and I don't see any band in that lineup worth driving 7 hours each way for.

Being 17, I've had a few problems getting into shows at clubs and such. Luckily,in NYC the only thing I had to do for all access was have my driver's license doctored by a "professional" (shade-meister) in Chinatown. This guy made a PERFECT copy except its missing the hugeass UNDER 21 label and my b-day is in 85. Now I can go to any show I goddamn want at any venue...and, more importantly, I can drink :kickass:. So I will be at Gigantour, in the GA, with a massive beer in my hand. Halleluja.